Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post
    Completed the update a day or so ago. Everything seems OK, except that Hotsync causes a soft-reset at the end each time. It waits at the "cleaning up" stage for 10-15 seconds and then resets.

Anyone else having this problem???
    I noticed this same problem after installing the "Security Patch" ..... I ended up erasing, and reinstalling my backup prior to the patch. I have read here that this is usually caused by a corrupt "Saved Preferences" data - as this is the last thing done in hotsync.... this is the "Cleaning Up" stage.

So....my bet is you should focus on "Saved Preferences"

-alf
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    get a trial of card reader 1.06 - use it to make the treo a card reader. This works great since the treo is a sdhc reader.
    Tried several times with Card Reader. When you pull out the card and re-insert it to start the update I keep getting this error message: The application cannot be launched becasuse it is missing localization information.

Guess I have to go get a usb card reader....

for the record, Mac OSX 10.3.9
    Palm OS Garnet v. 5.4.9

Formatted the SD card three times, got the error message all three times.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneOfLove View Post
    Tried several times with Card Reader. When you pull out the card and re-insert it to start the update I keep getting this error message: The application cannot be launched becasuse it is missing localization information.

Guess I have to go get a usb card reader....

for the record, Mac OSX 10.3.9
    Palm OS Garnet v. 5.4.9

Formatted the SD card three times, got the error message all three times.
    You could try the IT download, someone posted a link to it (you get a zip archive) with a procedure that involved renaming a folder then just copying over the files. Doesn't sound like card reader failed but the install.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Completed the update a day or so ago. Everything seems OK, except that Hotsync causes a soft-reset at the end each time. It waits at the "cleaning up" stage for 10-15 seconds and then resets.

I'm having this problem, too. It seems to be related to the Contacts DB somehow, though I'm not sure how. If I set the hotsync to "handheld overwrites the desktop" for Contacts, I don't get the rest.

I'm thinking of doing a hard reset and then install all my apps fresh instead of from backup. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

Well,
    After turning Docs2Go conduit off, the hotsync restored properly without resetting. Turned it back on and everything still works, even after several syncs. Hallelujah.

Although, after reading the posts above about "prefs", I may have do some changes of the prefs in between this time too? So, maybe that was the solution. Only the little gnomes running around inside my Treo know.

Thanks for your help everyone.
    Patrick Horne
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    You could try the IT download, someone posted a link to it (you get a zip archive) with a procedure that involved renaming a folder then just copying over the files. Doesn't sound like card reader failed but the install.
    Hard to say, and I'll never know.

Went out and bought a USB card reader tonight for $15. Worked great. First try.

But I deleted a file on the phone after I was done that I thought was something left over from my tungsten E2 called "pass thru sync" I think I may need this tho cuz I saw it on my wifes 680 after I did the upgrade on her phone. I found it in the "unfiled" area of the apps. Phone seems to be working just fine without this app. Anybody know what it does and if I should put it back?
    I'm still curious about the "pass thru Sync" deal, and I've noticed that my phone is turning itself on and off for no reason I can find.

Blue tooth and Beam receive are off. No timers set.

Anybody??
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneOfLove View Post
    I'm still curious about the "pass thru Sync" deal, and I've noticed that my phone is turning itself on and off for no reason I can find.

Blue tooth and Beam receive are off. No timers set.

Anybody??
    My phone was randomly turning on and off on Saturday and I haven't done the update. I figured it was a Cingular problem...I was using my 650 at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    My phone was randomly turning on and off on Saturday and I haven't done the update. I figured it was a Cingular problem...I was using my 650 at the time.
    CHEATER!!
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    CHEATER!!
    I just can't help myself...
    help me the att680updater.exe does not start any app.....how do I do with SD card (step by step please)....
    SD card is for Mac people to my knowledge. You will need an SD card reader if you are a Mac guy. Get that, and go to the Mac page at the Palm site where you downloaded the updater. Tells all the details you need right there.

If you are not, I can not help. I know F'all about the PC world.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I haven't done the update.
    Why not?
    Aren't you dying to finally be rid of the gibberish issue (rather than some bandaid fix with the sim swap)?
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    i had 28.5 free and it worked

it still says cingular on the upper left

lost the cool blue key pad

17.xx mins
    Last edited by sigma pi; 05/31/2007 at 06:01 PM.
    xpress mail still has a cingular icon
    orange and agree ATT globe was added too
    Quote Originally Posted by omarone View Post
    Read your post. Grabbed my 680 launched google maps and bam! soft reset. Thanks for the heads up i'm going to delete it and re install it.
    +1 on the google maps thing
    crap I just lost all my text messages grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr damn you update for not telling me. cristina should be happy haha
    Last edited by sigma pi; 05/31/2007 at 06:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1 View Post
    Why not?
    Aren't you dying to finally be rid of the gibberish issue (rather than some bandaid fix with the sim swap)?
    I never had the gibberish issue...

Quote Originally Posted by sigma pi View Post
    crap I just lost all my yext messages grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr damn you update for not telling me. cristina should be happy haha
    Are you still saving those???
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    I successfully updated my unlocked GSM to firmware R01.34. We had to rename some files, extract the rom and install some of it in ram. More details to follow as Im waiting for my accomplice to confirm.

So what did it exactly improve on? For one, volume is now clearer and a bit louder in handset and speakerphone. When ending a call, it just ends quickly. No lag as my experience before. So far, less freezing as compared to what it was before.
    I have an unlocked GSM 680 (purchased that way - straight from Palm,) that I use with Cingular/AT&T: Is the consensus that's it's safe to do the update?
    Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
    Pilot 1000 (Sept '96 - Orginial 128k - then upgrade to 512k, then 1mb, then custom 2mb,) IIIxe, m130, CLIE NX-60, Treo 680
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast