1.    #1  
    Just got my 755p two weeks ago and never really listened to music or audio books before on my previous Palm PDAs, I have started...

Is there a better audio player than pTunes? I find the sound lacking and the ability to set tone (i.e. eq or treble/bass etc) annoying. The sound through a pair a good ear buds is very tinny. When I hook them up to my iPod mucho better (expected). I don't carry both devices all the time (Treo always) so I am looking for suggestions on a better music player.

Thanks!
    Unfortunately pTunes is the only music player I have used. If you are using the version that came with the phone you might want to try the latest version from their website. They have a 15-day free trial. http://www.pocket-tunes.com/
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Kinoma 5 is a good player except you can't turn the screen off.
    There is an equalizer in PTunes and also bass boost. I guess it depends on the quality of the music, but using good Etyomics, I can't tell a difference between an ipod or the Treo (except maybe a bit more bass in the ipod). However, I am using the 700P with PTunes Deluxe, but I wouldn't think there would be much of a difference. What is the bitrate and what format are your songs?
    How is coreplayer as a music player? I many like it for videos and such, but what as for an audio player?
    IMHO, ptunes is the best player music player. Especially, if you're going to listen to streaming music. Kinoma is the best video player. It would be a better music player if it had the ability to run in the background like ptunes.
    Agree, pTunes is the best of the bunch. Sound quality sounds good with good set of headphones. I like it because it makes my Treo an all in one device, no need to carry anything extra.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    There is an equalizer in PTunes and also bass boost. I guess it depends on the quality of the music, but using good Etyomics, I can't tell a difference between an ipod or the Treo (except maybe a bit more bass in the ipod). However, I am using the 700P with PTunes Deluxe, but I wouldn't think there would be much of a difference. What is the bitrate and what format are your songs?
    My version that came with the 755p is 3.0.9 . I looked under the menu options and cannot find an eq or tone control anywhere. Is this due to the fact this is the free version?

Edit - I rip at 192 vbr high - mp3
    Last edited by boboso; 05/24/2007 at 01:14 PM.
    Yep, that's because it's the free version. Upgrading to 4.0.2 Deluxe is worth it. Especially, for the internet radio listings if you listen to streaming music.
    also, there is a 15 day trial for the deluxe 4.02 version. Simply trying that, using the default bass boost EQ setting was enough to get me to like it. Add shoutcast internet radio on top of that.... (though some stations skip)
  11.    #11  
    Thanks to all, will give it a try!
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    There's also aeroplayer. I switched to ptunes 3 to use subscription music, and there was a noticeable drop in sound quality. They say sound quality is better in ptunes 4, but I hate to pay them another $20. I don't stream so I really don't care about the other v4 features.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!