1.    #1  
    I don't recall this ever being asked before. What I want to do is take an excel spreadsheet file on my SD card, and create an icon for it in the palm launcher.

The objective is to have Docs to Go launch and open the spreadsheet when I touch the spreadsheet Icon. This would be an action similar to Shark Links. I frequent the spread sheet all the time, and just want to automate the process to open it.

Does anyone know if this can be done?

TIA
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post
    I don't recall this ever being asked before. What I want to do is take an excel spreadsheet file on my SD card, and create an icon for it in the palm launcher.

The objective is to have Docs to Go launch and open the spreadsheet when I touch the spreadsheet Icon. This would be an action similar to Shark Links. I frequent the spread sheet all the time, and just want to automate the process to open it.

Does anyone know if this can be done?

TIA
    I believe you have to use a file manager like Resco Explorer and make the xls files launchable. I did it years ago on a different device, but I don't recall exactly how at the moment. I'm sure someone will know how. Otherwise, I'll dig a bit.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I used LauncherX & FileZ to change file attributes to launchable(had to move spreadsheet to internal mem first for some reason). using both methods put the file in the launcher but when selected it would not launch, it just returned to the launcher.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    initiate
    Sprint 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    i use sharlinks to make shortcuts to websites

zlinks u can make shortcuts to apps as well it seems... like excel spreadsheets and i guess using filez u can make them launchable...

is zlink like linkstart, just moves applications to card that are on ram and puts a link in ram for them ? also done in zlauncher

or is zlink just an application that makes a shortcut to an application depending where it is ?