Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by rkevwill View Post
    Letsgo, hope you are right about the bluetooth being supported. I am basing my comment about usb tethering only, on this comment made on their site (and the readme file that came with the app)

"Support for Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Treo 700p and Treo 755p (USB only) smartphones"

So Bluetooth support in a new version for the 755, would indeed be a nice touch. I tried it with my version 1.58, and no such luck yet.
    Really? I had 1.57 and e-mail Mobile-Stream about Bluetooth support. They told me to try 1.58 and it might work. Either way, they're working on it.
    If I buy the current version of USBModem then is it a lifetime license? So all new versions will be available? I was reading that PDAnet doesn't offer this so you end up paying upgrade fees all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeBaller View Post
    If I buy the current version of USBModem then is it a lifetime license? So all new versions will be available? I was reading that PDAnet doesn't offer this so you end up paying upgrade fees all the time.
    Dunno, but since pdanet has no interest in supporting macs, it was a moot point to me. All I know is it works well, and I am more than satisfied
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    i installed the sprint connection manager an during the process, it doesn't list the treo as devices to select. it only lists other phones such as blackberry and motorola q. this is the newest version off the sprint site. what gives?!
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaver99 View Post
    i installed the sprint connection manager an during the process, it doesn't list the treo as devices to select. it only lists other phones such as blackberry and motorola q. this is the newest version off the sprint site. what gives?!
    Make sure you've gone to sprint.com/downloads. Choose your computer's operating system, then press "submit."

Look for Version 3.07.037.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    It still doesn't list the treo when I install the program. just black berry, motorola, samsung, sanyo, etc....
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaver99 View Post
    It still doesn't list the treo when I install the program. just black berry, motorola, samsung, sanyo, etc....
    That's where I got my copy (for XP anyway) and it lists Treo's.

I don't know if this'll make a difference, but make sure you fully uninstall the old previous installation before installing the new one.

Good luck.
    When I was with Cingular I didn't have to worry about this. Their PDA unlimited plan gives you DUN/PAM. Now that I have moved to Sprint with a 755p, it's an issue. So, I installed PDANet a couple of minutes ago and it works very well, on both USB and BT. Perfect for my needs, which is airports and such. EV-DO speeds via my Treo.
    Being a 650/Mac user and having waited for the iPhone to make it's debut, I have decided that not being able to use the phone (tethered or BT) as a modem is a deal breaker for me. I am looking into a 755p as I am already on Sprint but from what I have read in this thread and others I have searched and researched, I am going to have to either a) spring for the $40/mo. (0r whatever the hell the rate REALLY is) PAM plan or b) take my chances with and USBModem and hope my data usage doesn't flag my account with Sprint. Am I imagining things or is this a giant step BACKWARD as it now costs me more $$$ for something that was included in my 650's plan? I was paying about $99/mo. for 2000 minutes (which I never use anywhere near that for voice) including unlimited data plan and it appears that the same plan will cost me $139 (if I use the PAM) for the 755p, am I correct on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteWill View Post
    Being a 650/Mac user and having waited for the iPhone to make it's debut, I have decided that not being able to use the phone (tethered or BT) as a modem is a deal breaker for me. I am looking into a 755p as I am already on Sprint but from what I have read in this thread and others I have searched and researched, I am going to have to either a) spring for the $40/mo. (0r whatever the hell the rate REALLY is) PAM plan or b) take my chances with and USBModem and hope my data usage doesn't flag my account with Sprint. Am I imagining things or is this a giant step BACKWARD as it now costs me more $$$ for something that was included in my 650's plan? I was paying about $99/mo. for 2000 minutes (which I never use anywhere near that for voice) including unlimited data plan and it appears that the same plan will cost me $139 (if I use the PAM) for the 755p, am I correct on this?
    Treo 650 wasn't EVDO. Previous posters mentioned needing to "hack" to get the DUN to appear on the 650, but within 6 months the "official" firmware unmasked it anyway.

Yes, either you pay Sprint a recurring PAM fee of some indeterminate amount (whether you use it or not), or just go with PDAnet or USBmodem and keep your data usage reasonably light. Since there's really no middle ground offerred for those of us that might use PAM 5-10 times a year (other than to pay a ridiculous "per KB" fee), we take our chances with the gray hacks and keep the usage reasonable.

There are reports of some Treo users running Kazaa and/or using the phone tethered much of the year - THOSE are the crew that ought to be paying the ridiculous PAM fee, rather than giving Sprint an incentive to crack down on everyone. I work under the assumption that if you aren't hitting the data much harder than you would be with the Treo then Sprint won't really care, but that could just be my fantasy. Since they have no way of offering a reasonable middle ground - I think the present "solution" of "not noticing" light tethering while threatening heavy abusers is probably the most effective way of managing it. Knowing I can get large-format mobile email or web access on the rare occasions I need it is a huge selling point of the Treo for me - but it isn't a $480.00/ year "need" as I'd find another solution before I'd agree to pay THAT....
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    This is interesting as I have used my 650 as a modem for over 2 years and some days very heavily but I have never been charged for it as I have an unlimited data plan. I guess I have never (or at least not enough times) exceeded the limit that would flag an account, although I have sent some very large files. Guess I will look into USB Modem then.
  12.    #52  
    Not sure if this'll make things more or less confusing but...

Yesterday, I went to a Sprint store and spoke with a somewhat testy rep about the PAM plan, among other things. I told her that we were originally we could go from a plan that gave us internet access on our Treo's ($15) to the plan that allows us to use our Treo's as modems ($39), without losing any options we already had, and that we'd only have to pay about $25 more.

She said that was accurate. Then she said that we WOULD have to pay an additional $15 if we still wanted to be able to surf the internet ON the phones (as opposed to just using the phones as modems).

I thought that was the most ridiculous frickin' distinction in the world. It's like saying you can use your car to tow other cars, but if you want to drive your car without towing, that'll cost you extra.
    I installed the PhoneInterfaceLibrary_tether_hack.prc file via SD card on Explorer, it gave me reset loops...

I am also a mac user.... so for us macs the only option is USBModem?

I wonder thought if we will experience these same problems with a Foleo...
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I installed the PhoneInterfaceLibrary_tether_hack.prc file via SD card on Explorer, it gave me reset loops...

I am also a mac user.... so for us macs the only option is USBModem?

I wonder thought if we will experience these same problems with a Foleo...
    USBModem is the only one I've seen for us Mac users.
    Based on the recommendations here I tried USBModem and it works very well (although I haven't been able to use BlueTooth like my 650 did). Easily 5x faster than the 650 was. There is a 14 days free trial to see if you like it as well.
    Sorry to bump this thread again... but i am having difficulty with my XP. I went thru this thread quickly and found no one was really able to get USB Modem to work right with the BT connection.

I have recently purchased the HP Mini 1000 netbook with blueooth and have been trying to setup BT DUN thru USB Modem without success. It goes thru the automatic driver download real fast and just say that the hardware was not installed properly.

Do i have to download the Sprint program to get the BT DUN to work?

I was able to use USB Modem thru USB without problems but having no success with the BT connection.

ANy ideas?

THank you so much?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123