Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Strange I got up this morning and found that my SD card was no longer being identified.
    Last night when I went to bed it was seen by my Treo 650...
    I have soft reset but to no avail.
    I can see the contents and the card when I put it into my card reader but not my Treo.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    JW
    Do you have the "/PALM/Launcher/" directory on the SD card?

or...

is it that you cannot view any file on the SD card? There are lots of fake SD cards floating around. What is the capacity of the SD card?
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    I have been using this 4GIG card in this Treo for about 9 months so its a good one.

Just today I got up and my card did not have a presence when I went to the pull down category menu.

Yes I do have a Palm | Launcher| directory.
    When I put the card in a card reader all contents appear.

Not a good thing to happen when you need contents on the card :-)
    JW
    The same happened to two of my cards in my Treo (1G and 2G). Both were around 8-10 months old.

I squarely blame my Treo for having killed the SD cards. Is it possible that repeated popping-in and out the card does something to them? Do they have some kind of a "number of cycles" thing?

I do know that Flash memory cards have fixed life (~100,000 read-write operations???)
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Strange I got up this morning and found that my SD card was no longer being identified.
    Last night when I went to bed it was seen by my Treo 650...
    I have soft reset but to no avail.
    I can see the contents and the card when I put it into my card reader but not my Treo.
    The same thing happened to me right after I replaced my Treo's housing. Although it wouldn't recognize ANY card I tried (512MB SanDisk, 128MB Kensington, 1GB Generic). I assumed something was wrong with the reader (or I didn't insert a cable correctly), ended up taking it completely apart again and trying to figure it out - killing the screen in the process. So now I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the 650 I bought on eBay. Hopefully it doesn't happen again!

By the way - doing a hard reset without being able to see the screen at all kinda sucks.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Is it a sandisk card?
    They guarrantee their cards for life. Give them a call. I have had cards replaced by them, no charge or questions asked. copy your card contents onto your pc.
    reformat the card in the treo, then copy the info back over.
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Its not the disc.
    I can see it read it etc when I place it in a card reader on my PC and or Mac.
    The Treo has decided after seeing it for over 9 months to no longer see it.

Every other card reader sees the card.
    JW
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    reformat the card in the treo, then copy the info back over.
    If it's what happened to my Treo, you can't even get the Treo to recognize the card to reformat. It's almost as if you didn't insert a card.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Try CradleCare, see what happens... My SD card started doing this sort of thing, and the problem was just that the Treo didn't want to mount it anymore for some odd reason.

CradleCare fixes it. There's also a free version out there which is very similar that perhaps someone else can suggest.
    Have you tried a different card to make sure its not the Treo's reader?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    On the rare occasion when my Treo doesn't recognize my card, a warm reset usually does the trick. Have you tried this or only soft reset?
    Does your treo see any cards? i.e., have you tried any other sd cards in the Treo?
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer View Post
    Does your treo see any cards? i.e., have you tried any other sd cards in the Treo?
    No my treo isn't seeing any card.
    I did try to soft reset but it still did not see it.
    When I warm reset it saw the card but now doesn't again.
    I will try a warm a see...

Its the Treo that is giving me problems.
    The card and everything on it seems to be ok.

Not sure why maybe a application issue but I have not added anything lately.

Thanks
    JW
    just because card readers can see the card on a pc doesn't mean its not the card. I had to send my compact flash cards back to sandisk and also my dslr camera because the file system was corrupted on the camera, making the memory useless, but in a pc they were fine.
    something is physically wrong with the phone where its not setting up the card properly. How about redoing the firmware to see if that will correct the problem.
    I experienced the same thing for the past two days on my 700p. (card no longer recognized in the Treo but contents visible in a card reader on a PC)

Warm/soft resets did not restore the card slot.

After 3 hard resets, it finally came back.

I recently installed 3 new apps: Agendus Pro, Intellisync (to push GroupWise email to the Treo) and a new version of SlingPlayer Mobile.

I am restoring the device from previous backups and installing the apps one at a time to try and re-create the card slot disable... so far no luck making it happen again.

I guess I will just have to wait for the Treo to decide on its own it is time to shut it down or perhaps it will be addressed and fixed in the upcoming (circa May 28) Palm software upgrade/maintenance release.

Time will tell....
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
    Do all of you have Butler installed? Rob of Hobbyist Software mentioned in one of his forums somewhere on the net that he has had a few reports of it with some people pointing to Butler. I see it intermittently as well on my Sprint 700p (I use Butler). Usually a few soft resets clears it up, but that is annoying. Rob had a theory about it but I cannot recall. It is something about too many apps loading on startup that the mounting of the SD slot never happens. But there were too few details to track it down and see if it was in fact a Butler problem or a coincidence. When I get into this state I do not see the SD card mounted. When I remove the card I get the audio confirmation that a card was there. There is no audio or visual confirmation when I place a new SD card in the slot. As a side note it is not the specific card as I can take my stack of 5 different SD cards and none of them work when the Treo is in this state, but will all work in a card reader or another device.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Make sure Bluetooth is turned off. Sometimes if BT is on and my Treo 650 resets I lose access to the SD card. After the reset if I turn BT off and do another soft reset the SD card shows backup again.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsprouse View Post
    Do all of you have Butler installed? .......

When I get into this state I do not see the SD card mounted. When I remove the card I get the audio confirmation that a card was there. There is no audio or visual confirmation when I place a new SD card in the slot. As a side note it is not the specific card as I can take my stack of 5 different SD cards and none of them work when the Treo is in this state, but will all work in a card reader or another device.
    RSPROUSE: I do not have Butler installed but I am experiencing exactly what you described. SD slot is just temporarily DOA and no cards will work and no audio or visual indicators until after several soft or hard resets.

EMAJY: I seldom use my Bluetooth so I keep it (and beam receive) off to conserve battery life.

I know we are only days away from the Palm maintenance release... maybe that will fix things. (or make them worse?)
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
    This happens to me once and a while. I find by just turning off the Treo and turning it back on resolves the problem. I'm not talking about a soft reset. I'm talking about just turning the Treo off then on. I really don't know what this does other then solving the problem.
    I hope you don't mind a non treo user commenting but I am having the same problem with my Palm TX, if I soft reset manually no problems but every now and then if it resets I lose access to my SD Card, as mentioned previously if I eject I get a confirmation sound and if I use CardInfo I can see the Card type. I originally thought is was due to an upgrade for Wifi but I believe that Treo's don;t have Wifi, correct me if I am wrong. The only other possible issue is a app called InsertSD, after a hard reset and full install my Palm was working ok until today and I believe that only change I made yesterday was to re activate InsertSD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast