Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't know what's going on but I bluetoothed a few wav ringtones from the sound preferences of my Treo 700p to my 755p and though they show up on the ringtones list they don't sound at all. What's going on? Now how do I get them to work? How do I create them again.

Al
    I asked this question in the aac ringtone thread.

appears the 755p do not support wav or in my case, .amr files.

a workaround is, convert it to aac file in itunes, upload it to funformobile.com and send to phone as a sms link an dl it on your treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I don't know what's going on but I bluetoothed a few wav ringtones from the sound preferences of my Treo 700p to my 755p and though they show up on the ringtones list they don't sound at all. What's going on? Now how do I get them to work? How do I create them again.

Al
    O.K. WEIRD because I have wav ringtones on my 650 which I just tried transfering to my new 755, by beaming and by bluetooth, and they transfer over fine but the very end of them do not play! If the ringtone is a series of three notes repeated twice, the last not of all six of them just gets cut off! WEIRD!
    the more I think about it the more peeved I get...if my 650 can use a certain wave file as a ringer....why does my 755 cut it off?
    O.K. I now have snapper on my 755p and emailed several wav files to it as attachements. When I click on the attachments it asks me to open with sounds or voicememo. Either one will get the file, but when they play the wav file the last bit of it gets clipped off! This is really maddening! I duplicated this with my 650. Of course it only offers to open the attachment with sounds....but it does so flawlessly! Has anyone else had this problem with clipped wav files?
    The 755P LOCKS the midi ring tones.

The 700/650 series lock the sprint photos.

------

Solution to your problem? open the file in itunes, create it as an aac file and upload it to www.funformobile.com

From funformobile, you can send the tone to your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    The 755P LOCKS the midi ring tones.
    Hmm...I'm not quite sure what you mean by "LOCKS"...if it locks/blocks them, then they wouldn't play at all, right? When I manage tones through the sound preference menu there are a few files with little locks next to them, I assume this means I can beam them off the phone...but what does that have to do with importing new wav files and playing them?

Anyways I'll try your suggested work around! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif View Post
    O.K. I now have snapper on my 755p and emailed several wav files to it as attachements. When I click on the attachments it asks me to open with sounds or voicememo. Either one will get the file, but when they play the wav file the last bit of it gets clipped off! This is really maddening! I duplicated this with my 650. Of course it only offers to open the attachment with sounds....but it does so flawlessly! Has anyone else had this problem with clipped wav files?
    I have the same problem. I made custom acc ringtones for my 700p that worked, and now they cut off at the end on my 755. No matter how many times I make acc ringtones, they cut off at the end.

Can anyone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Nas View Post
    I have the same problem. I made custom acc ringtones for my 700p that worked, and now they cut off at the end on my 755. No matter how many times I make acc ringtones, they cut off at the end.

Can anyone help?
    I'm really stuck... I'm thinking my last resort is to wait for my miniSD card to arrive and then try putting my files in the AUDIO folder on the card and using MusicTone or something like that to get the ringtone into the phone without the end getting clipped....
    I'm really stuck... I'm thinking my last resort is to wait for my miniSD card to arrive and then try putting my files in the AUDIO folder on the card and using MusicTone or something like that to get the ringtone into the phone without the end getting clipped....
    Good luck. Let me know if it works.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    The only way I've succeeded so far is to use a 650 to create a Ton-<name>.pdb file for a wav ringtone, and then install this pdb file on my 755.
    Palm Vx -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by plaut View Post
    The only way I've succeeded so far is to use a 650 to create a Ton-<name>.pdb file for a wav ringtone, and then install this pdb file on my 755.
    So if I don't have a 650 I'm pretty much f*cked...
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    ah the ole "I feel F#&%ED " feeling that Palm so often causes
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142 View Post
    ah the ole "I feel F#&%ED " feeling that Palm so often causes
    Yep and palm didn't even use KY.
    how exactly did you install this file into your 755??

EDIT: o.k. just beaming it seems to work! STUPID but it works....
    Last edited by Atif; 07/03/2007 at 04:34 AM. Reason: figured it out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Nas View Post
    Good luck. Let me know if it works.
    no it didn't...but see below....beaming a ton-foo file directly from my 650 to my 755 works!

STUPID PALM!
    ARGHH! I think I'm losing my mind!

I have just tried the following which did NOT work:

Using zlauncher I did "menu-f" to look at the files, I found my "ton-foo" file on my 650. I then beamed it to my 755. The 755 asked me if I wanted to accept it, and I said yes. I then check with zlauncher on the 755 if there was a "ton-foo" showing up. There was so I hit "ok" to exit out of the file manager. I then when to the "Sounds" program/preference and hit "manage" and found the that the "foo" sound was listed...

BUT when I tapped it and it played, the very end CONTINUED to be cut off! In a short 5 note ringer, that means about 1/3rd of it is cut off!

I've been up all night and think I am losing it...so I'm going to sleep...

Here are my questions:

Has anyone suceeded in transfering a working .wav ringtone from a 650 (or other Treo) to a 755?

If so can you please explain how and give lots of detail....

I might just call palm tomorrow, this is just STUPID...it is one thing to have some tricky problem related to having 1,001 3rd party apps...BUT having a working ringer on a 650 should be TRIVIAL to transfer to a 755 and have it work!
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Has anyone succeeded in transfering a working .wav ringtone from a 650 (or other Treo) to a 755?
    I just backed up the 650 to my PC, then hotsync'd the Ton-<name>.pdb file from the 650 to my 755.
    Palm Vx -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p
    I just backed up the 650 to my PC, then hotsync'd the Ton-<name>.pdb file from the 650 to my 755.
    I just tried that and it doesn't work! I'm on hold after having called Palm since the phone comes with 90 days of free support/help. He took all my info and is looking it up in the "Knowledge database"
    O.K he came back and said it was a known problem and they are working on a patch and to keep an eye out on the palm website for when a patch is available at some future date. He had no ETA.

People give Palm a lot of flak for things like "Why go to miniSD" or "Why no wifi STILL" etc etc...

however how is it even possible for
    1) To not have this working when it works on previos Treos! This is a mature platform

2) NOT TO HAVE CAUGHT THIS IN TESTING! Do they even have beta testers (besides us that is....)

There is a very very fine line between love and hate...I hope Palm realizes that!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast