Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21  
    OH BTW....here is the easiest KLUDGE truly worthy of Micro$oft!

    I downloaded a free audio editing program called "Audacity" and I padded my .wav ringers with nothing (no sound) at the end....so now when they play they still get cut off...but it is just the padded sound that got cut off...

    I point this out because I spent WAY TOO much time trying to get it to work the normal/proper way....

    DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME....just go with the kludge until they fix this with a patch...

    Would someone PLEASE save Palm from themselves! Again I understand that these thing happen...but that is what TESTING is for!

    Even in the sound manager if you do "New" to record your own file and just count "1 2 3 4 5" and play it back you'll just get "1 2 3"....how do you not catch that?
  2. #22  
    I'm not sure what the difference is, but I brought over several sound files from my 650 and none are chopped off. I have also recorded several on my 755 and they work just fine. Out of curiosity, I tried what was just mentioned, counting to 5, and all "1 2 3 4 5" were recorded.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I'm not sure what the difference is, but I brought over several sound files from my 650 and none are chopped off. I have also recorded several on my 755 and they work just fine. Out of curiosity, I tried what was just mentioned, counting to 5, and all "1 2 3 4 5" were recorded.
    My midi files copied over just fine....

    Did you have wav files on your 650 that you copied over? And they play o.k. on your 755?

    Maybe you are lucky...as I pointed out earlier...when I called in they claimed that many people have called in with the same problem and they are looking into it.

    Did you record yourself counting with the voice memo app? I noticed this issue using the "new" button in the sound manager
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif View Post
    My midi files copied over just fine....

    Did you have wav files on your 650 that you copied over? And they play o.k. on your 755?

    Maybe you are lucky...as I pointed out earlier...when I called in they claimed that many people have called in with the same problem and they are looking into it.

    Did you record yourself counting with the voice memo app? I noticed this issue using the "new" button in the sound manager
    I fairly sure at least one or two were wav files that I copied over. I think when I beamed them, if they were wav files, they opened in Voice Memo. I then went under the menu and chose "copy to ringtone". I then deleted the one that showed in Voice Memo and there now was one in the sound manager.

    I recorded myself in both the Voice Memo and "new" button in the sound manager. Each recorded okay.

    I may very well be one of the "lucky" ones. I have not had any real issues with my 755. I have been VERY pleased with. Of course, I've only had it about 6 weeks. Things could change.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I may very well be one of the "lucky" ones. I have not had any real issues with my 755. I have been VERY pleased with. Of course, I've only had it about 6 weeks. Things could change.
    Well with this one exception I am very please with my 755p so hopefully they will fix this...now I'm curious what the issue is.

    I noticed the problem before I started installing any new software....just put in my contact/calendar/tasks....then beamed my ringtones over, and then noticed them when I started assigning them to contacts...
  6. #26  
    I have the same problem on my Treo 755. The duration of the ringtone doesn't matter, the last few seconds are cut off.

    Doesn't matter if I beam, import, email, use minitones. Just doesn't work right.
  7. #27  
    I've converted other file formats to MP3, and they work wonderfully well as ringtones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions