1.    #1  
    I got my new 755 yesterday and charged it all night.
    Ran out of battery power by aprox 6 PM today.
    With my old 650 I used to go approximately 2 days without need for a new charge. I have not done anything different.
    How the two batteries compare? Everybody that made the switch having the same problem?
    So far, big dissapointment. thanks
    Juan
    The battery has to be conditioned at first. It should take a few days to a week to reach maximum capacity.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    That's interesting...I never heard that before. I had 2 days worth of charge on my 650 too...and this afternoon at 2pm I was already at 50% on my new 755....
  4.    #4  
    I thought that happened only with the old old batteries.. (the reconditioning thing..)..
    I hope this will improve. but I doubt it..
    I'd like to hear from more 650 to 755 switchers..
    thanks again..
    Juan
    Quote Originally Posted by jlopezmd View Post
    I got my new 755 yesterday and charged it all night.
    Ran out of battery power by aprox 6 PM today.
    With my old 650 I used to go approximately 2 days without need for a new charge. I have not done anything different.
    How the two batteries compare? Everybody that made the switch having the same problem?
    So far, big dissapointment. thanks
    Juan
    This sounds about like my experience. I don't know that it will get any better unfortunately.
    As I understand it all the Treo batteries need to be reconditioned. I have noticed that although I charged mine for four hours initially, it only showed a charge of 98% each time I recharged it. Yesterday I ran it down to 33% and did an in cradle reset. which is a soft reset when it is plugged into the wall charger. You do NOT turn off the device but let it turn off on its own. This is supposed to reset the battery circuits. It showed 99% after charging it for six hours. I may repeat this in a few days again as it showed some change for the better.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    is it better to keep this battery topped off?

or is it better to let it drain down, and then recharge it?
    its a li-ion, (no memory effect), so just charge/dishcharge whenevr you please.

i am a heavy user. -battery lasts me 3/4 day....not bad, but can be better (with an extended battery)
    As it is a li-ion battery my understanding is it is better to keep it topped off, and that is what Palm recommends. The more it drains and recharges the more it can negatively affect battery life. This was more important to be aware of in Palms that did not have a removable battery. Worst case for the Treo you buy a new one.
    755 is smaller than the 650 and the battery is slimed down from what I understand. The 650 battery can't be beat. Also, batteries do not need conditioning....charge and drain as much as you want.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I keep one of my 650 batteries in the car with me. In an emergency, I wedge the 650 battery into the 755p. Sticks out a little and you can't put the cover on, but until I buy an additional 755p battery, it does the job.
    My 650 seemed to last 2x as long as my 755p. I've used the phone since last Wed and charged it about about 2 times every three days. I've downloaded a ton more via powervision and the dumb ptunes app won't let me shut my screen off while it plays.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    elder I had that problem until I upgraded my ptunes deluxe to 4.02. With that version the screen turns off for me.