Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Picked up a Motorola H700 Bluetooth headset today.. I can get my Treo 755p to pair with it, but then after that I can't get it to do anything. I get the solid purple light on the H700, run through the hands free setup on the 755, it sees it, adds it, makes me enter 0000 for the passkey.. And then the H700 blinks 10 times like it should, and starts flashing blue slowly like it should. But if I dial the phone, or have an incoming call, nothing happens on the headset, even if I push the talk button.

I have a coworker with a Motorola Razer phone, and was able to set it up to work properly on his phone. So I know the device works. Any ideas here? I reset my phone, turned bluetooth on and off a million times, set the phone to visible, etc.. Still nothing. The H700 is on the list of approved devices for the 755 on Palm's website so I would think it would work!

Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Picked up a Motorola H700 Bluetooth headset today.. I can get my Treo 755p to pair with it, but then after that I can't get it to do anything. I get the solid purple light on the H700, run through the hands free setup on the 755, it sees it, adds it, makes me enter 0000 for the passkey.. And then the H700 blinks 10 times like it should, and starts flashing blue slowly like it should. But if I dial the phone, or have an incoming call, nothing happens on the headset, even if I push the talk button.

I have a coworker with a Motorola Razer phone, and was able to set it up to work properly on his phone. So I know the device works. Any ideas here? I reset my phone, turned bluetooth on and off a million times, set the phone to visible, etc.. Still nothing. The H700 is on the list of approved devices for the 755 on Palm's website so I would think it would work!

Any help would be appreciated.
    does it work with the 700p?
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Don't have a 700P, this is my first and only Treo phone..
    That's weird because others have reported that the h700 works great with their 755p
    diane
    I have no problems at all. Click on the trusted devices on the bluetooth setup screen. Does it show up in there? If so highlight it and then push the menu button and then connect. My moto S9's had to be established this way the first time then after that they would connect automatically as they should.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    I have no problems at all. Click on the trusted devices on the bluetooth setup screen. Does it show up in there? If so highlight it and then push the menu button and then connect. My moto S9's had to be established this way the first time then after that they would connect automatically as they should.
    Thanks! That worked.. it was strange though it wouldn't work until I rediscovered it, and hit connect as quickly as I could.. now it works as it should.
    It should stay paired or repair if off as you would expect from now on. The "force" connect is only needed during the setup. Moto products seem to be prone to needing it more so than others I have tried.
    Hey all. I don't mean to hijack the thread, but it seems you all have the h700. I am having a "deal-breaker" problem with mine.

I am constantly on large conference calls where I don't talk for 10+ minutes and therefore need to mute to silence my mobile road noise. So I got the H700 and thought it was great. Enabling mute is easy enough. But while muted my set gives off an indicator beep about every two seconds (I guess to let you know that you are muted). Problem is that instead of blending with the conversation it actually cuts off the person talking for a split second each time. This makes it impossible to follow the conversation while muted. Is there a way to turn this "feature" off? Motorola's typical light-weight instructions give no detail. Surely Motorola didn't think this would work for Mute. I might as well put the call on hold. Any ideas?
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    Hey all. I don't mean to hijack the thread, but it seems you all have the h700. I am having a "deal-breaker" problem with mine.

I am constantly on large conference calls where I don't talk for 10+ minutes and therefore need to mute to silence my mobile road noise. So I got the H700 and thought it was great. Enabling mute is easy enough. But while muted my set gives off an indicator beep about every two seconds (I guess to let you know that you are muted). Problem is that instead of blending with the conversation it actually cuts off the person talking for a split second each time. This makes it impossible to follow the conversation while muted. Is there a way to turn this "feature" off? Motorola's typical light-weight instructions give no detail. Surely Motorola didn't think this would work for Mute. I might as well put the call on hold. Any ideas?
    Hit mute on the phone instead?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Hit mute on the phone instead?
    I guess I should have been more thorough with my reason for needing the mute on the headset so badly. I do a lot of traveling and am often in my car for conference calls. Some calls have me constantly muting and unmuting. It isn't really practical or safe for me to reach for my device each time and do the keystrokes necessary to mute/unmute. Also the 5 or so seconds that it takes each time seems like an eternity on a conference call when people are waiting for you to answer a question.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Bought an H700 from Verizon store. Paired it to my Treo 755p perfectly. Opened up the mic, didn't connect. tried connecting from the trusted devices menu - nothing. Tried pressing any of the three buttons on the H700 - no beeps.

Bought a second H700 from Radio shack. Did everything as above. Still no audio indication on H700 when I press a button and no connection even though it paired fine. Possibilities:

1) I have THE worst luck in the world getting two defective units.
    2) I am the dumbest person in the world because there is something so obvious that I am just missing.
    3) My Treo 755p is defective.

Believe it or not, I am hoping it is 2. Can anyone advise? Thanks.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.