Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    First of all, my 755p is working great on most every level. One irritating issue though, and I have called my contact (a regional corporate accounts manager) about this. First time, every time, the phone tries to connect with powervision for web or email, connection fails. If it tries to connect itself a second time, or if I force a second connection, it connects flawlessly. This is repeatable 100% of the time.

He has actually asked me to find out from the field, if others are experiencing the same issue with connecting with powervision.

Is this issue fatal? no, is it irritating, yup.
    What programs do you have installed? Do you have any bluetooth DUN hacks installed? PDA net? ect?

Try a hard reset and if that doesnt fix the issue its either 1. a programing issue for your internet 2. you have some program that is messing it up.
    Where do I get a bluetooth DUN hack from?
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    What programs do you have installed? Do you have any bluetooth DUN hacks installed? PDA net? ect?

Try a hard reset and if that doesnt fix the issue its either 1. a programing issue for your internet 2. you have some program that is messing it up.
    First of all, Andrew do you have a 755p? Question is, are any 755p owners experiencing this same issue. Have no idea why anyone would need a hack, as bluetooth dun is openly available on this phone. (I don't use it though)

I have splash photo, splash id, MissingSync, TreoMemo installed. Only other apps I have installed, that are communication apps, are snappermail, and AvantGo. Avantgo is configured to connect only manually. Snappermail is configured to go online every 30 mins. One of those *could* be causing this, with AvantGo being the leading candidate. Looking to hear from those 755p owners to see if they are having this issue. (thought I replied before, but don't see my reply anywhere)
    Quote Originally Posted by rkevwill View Post
    First of all, Andrew do you have a 755p? Question is, are any 755p owners experiencing this same issue. Have no idea why anyone would need a hack, as bluetooth dun is openly available on this phone. (I don't use it though)

I have splash photo, splash id, MissingSync, TreoMemo installed. Only other apps I have installed, that are communication apps, are snappermail, and AvantGo. Avantgo is configured to connect only manually. Snappermail is configured to go online every 30 mins. One of those *could* be causing this, with AvantGo being the leading candidate. Looking to hear from those 755p owners to see if they are having this issue. (thought I replied before, but don't see my reply anywhere)
    No need to be rude, yes I have one sitting next to me right now that has missing sync but it does not have AvantGo installed or Snappermail, but I use snappermail on my 700p with only a few issues.

My question was based on the fact that using hacks for PAM usually confuse the connection system right after you use them and cause the same problem you describe. No need to be a ****** bag.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    No need to be rude, yes I have one sitting next to me right now that has missing sync but it does not have AvantGo installed or Snappermail, but I use snappermail on my 700p with only a few issues.

My question was based on the fact that using hacks for PAM usually confuse the connection system right after you use them and cause the same problem you describe. No need to be a ****** bag.
    Speaking of rude....

Read the original post. Only asked if anyone else is experiencing the issue.

After hearing if others are experiencing it at all, I will probably remove AvantGo and see if that is causing the problem, if I am the only one experiencing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rkevwill View Post
    Speaking of rude....

Read the original post. Only asked if anyone else is experiencing the issue.

After hearing if others are experiencing it at all, I will probably remove AvantGo and see if that is causing the problem, if I am the only one experiencing it.
    You said you had this issue

"One irritating issue though, and I have called my contact (a regional corporate accounts manager) about this. First time, every time, the phone tries to connect with powervision for web or email, connection fails. If it tries to connect itself a second time, or if I force a second connection, it connects flawlessly. This is repeatable 100% of the time."

This is an issue that is usually associated with PAM hacks and programs.
  8.    #8  
    no PAM hacks, no useage of DUN, just the plain vanilla type apps, but have snappermail and AvantGo.

Looking to see (as are our local corporate sprint reps), if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

One thing I forgot to mention, is that *sometimes* I get that "data service is not available in this area" message. Of course....it is, as a matter of fact a sprint tower is across the interstate from our office, and I have all bars showing.

Doesn't matter what the message is really, as whatever the message is, next time I try to connect, it connects just fine.
    Yes, Same thing here. First time, the connection usually fails. If I try again, it always works.
    I am generally able to connect on the first try. Yesterday however, I got the data service is not available in y our area message. Was able to connect right after that.
    No issues to date, have had the unit up and running heavily since 5/14. Area is So OC and LA Counties in So Cal.
    No problems for me, but you might try provisioning it again. On the phone, that's dialing ##data# and then finding the provisioning on the menu.

Tom
    I have had my 755p for about 10 days. No problems connecting to Sprint Vision until yesterday. And again today. Gave me same message "data service not available...

I have also been unable to get Sprint TV properly since I got the phone. The picture is garbled and choppy. Second phone I've tried and I am in an evdo area. Anyone else have this problem???
  14.    #14  
    I wouldn't expect too much from the TV service. If one can remember how streaming video looked on a slow adsl, or dialup on a slow computer, that probably is a good comparison. Personally, I think we are expecting a bit much at present for TV on the treo, but what do I know. I know I get great streaming vid on my PalmTX, or on my HP 2495, but those are on wifi.

Long answer to, yeah, my streaming video from Sprint TV is choppy too. However, the webpages load like melted butter compared to my old 600
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Exact same problem here. Connection fails on my first attempt then connects like clockwork on the second try. Error message I'm getting on the first attempt is:

Error 3000: Data service is unavailable in this area. Please try again later (0x713e).

The only application I have installed that match the above posts is Snapper Mail.
  16.    #16  
    millie:
    yeah, this is becoming obvious there is a problem somewhere, although not exactly terminal to say the least. Just irritating.

Paptester, Cathearder, do you folks have snappermail installed also?

Doesn't look like its AvantGo, as I totally uninstalled it, and still had the same errors. I reinstalled AvantGo.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    RE: snapper

When I began using the 755p, I was using Snapper v1.something. It responded really slow, so I recently upgraded to the current version. The Error 3000 has been happening on both versions...
  18.    #18  
    I get the errors at times when I connect to the web, or any other data service. I just don't remember if it happened to me pre-snapper. Versamail is not feature rich enough for my use.

Hopefully, others will chime in, and if this is happening to them, and they are using snapper also, that should narrow it down.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I received my 755p this past Tuesday and have the same data connection issue too. Generally, power vision doesn't connect on the first try but it does on the second.

The only app I am running that didn't come with the phone is ChatterMail.

Robyn
  20.    #20  
    verrrryyyy interesting Robyn
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast