Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I just got a 755P and am having the issue where connection to Powervision fails the first time and succeeds the second time. I can replicate this anytime. I have NO third party apps. The primary and secondary HA numbers are the same. Versamail is configured for EAS.

Ethan
    I spent an hour on (another) the phone with a TSR yesterday and they had me update my H.A. numbers. Worked one first connect then every other time it was back to trying three or four times with both a Error 3000 (no data service) and a Error 133 ( invalid username or password). What a gigantic waste of time. Further, they claimed they had no record of the problem on any other 755s. Whatever.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I was too having progressively worse issues connecting to Power Vision over the last week or so. I just got off the phone with tech support. They had me change my primary & secondary HA based on an email that had been sent internally. He said once the issue is fixed, sprint will push an update to change back to the old HA. He definitely said the issue wasn't global.
    Using Palm Pre on Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by nerual96 View Post
    I was too having progressively worse issues connecting to Power Vision over the last week or so. I just got off the phone with tech support. They had me change my primary & secondary HA based on an email that had been sent internally. He said once the issue is fixed, sprint will push an update to change back to the old HA. He definitely said the issue wasn't global.
    With the changed HA, are you experiencing the problem? As I am having the exact same issue. They lied to you InfiniteWill , because I called in with the issue on Tuesday.

Thx
    Quote Originally Posted by egn View Post
    With the changed HA, are you experiencing the problem? As I am having the exact same issue. They lied to you InfiniteWill , because I called in with the issue on Tuesday.

Thx
    After changing the H.A. numbers I was able to log-in twice and then it was back to the same old problem.
    I called in all week with the same issues. It is a problem with the 755p rom. The post MR 700p users have been really suffering with this problem. the only "fix" will be a patch from Palm. I had a 700p, did the MR, and had the network drops, and errors so bad, they changed it out for a 755p. And to a lessor extent, it has the same problems. The issue is caused by the newer roms, they will not authenticate with the network correctly all the time. Only cure will have to come from Palm, according to Sprint.
    Matty
    I've been experimenting with this, and surely it is an unacceptable "workaround" but I'll periodically do ResetNetLib and it appears to login the first time every time.

This login/connection problem wouldn't be quite as bad if the EVDO would stay connected longer like it did with the 700.
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteWill View Post
    After changing the H.A. numbers I was able to log-in twice and then it was back to the same old problem.

nerual96, what about your HA change? Did it work?
    Resetnetlib doesn't correct it.
    One thing I have noticed with my 700p after the ROM update is that if I use PocketTunes Deluxe to stream from the Internet, go to another app with PocketTunes streaming in background, then pause it from the PocketTunes mini window, then try to use the data connection in another app (Blazer/Mail) the data connection will not consistently restore. Either performing a soft reboot or sometimes going back to PocketTunes and stopping the stream and exiting PocketTunes will allow the connection to be restored as a work-around.

Update - Just talked to Normsoft (PocketTunes publisher), who confirmed an issue:

"There is an issue where, if you try to connect to the web right after you stop streaming, you may not be able to connect. It has to do with the Palm OS and the way it switches things over after streaming. It can take about 30 seconds."
    Last edited by weisshb; 09/10/2007 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Update:
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Sorry guys. I've been away a few days.

Since my original post a few days ago, I have had no problems with the new HA.
    Using Palm Pre on Sprint
    I am having the same problems... Whats the HA??? can i change it myself or do i need to call sprint?
    You will. The honeymoon period is usually up to 2 weeks. You will not make it 4 weeks, before the problem returns.
    Matty
    Something I've noticed about this problem is that I only tend to get the error if any application besides Blazer attempts to connect to the web.

This is definitely no consolation as I have several apps that attempt (and fail) to auto connect, but it is something that I've noticed.
    The issue does apppear rarely when using Blazer. Or at least it has for me. However, I mean like maybe twice out of a hundred network drops. That rarely.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    The issue does apppear rarely when using Blazer. Or at least it has for me. However, I mean like maybe twice out of a hundred network drops. That rarely.
    It will be back no question. My buddy on a Treo 650 is now being plagued with the problem here in K.C. so it isn't just a 700, 755 problem, its a Sprint network problem.

P.S. Any of you notice that post counts no longer change?
    i have the same problem here in KC...
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hmm...I'm in KC too. The new HA are very slow. I typically hit 250 bits/sec prior to the issues. The new HA I get about 125 bits/sec.
    Using Palm Pre on Sprint
    me too... Their freakin' world headquarters is here... The least they could do is get us some service... I actually live and work a stones throw from the sprint campus...

"Sprint Speed, As slow as we can get by with"
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    I actually live and work a stones throw from the sprint campus...
    I live near BVNW and Sprint's signal here sucks. Driving north on Switzer at about 120th gives me a dropped call every time.

Gotta admit though, the employees at the Sprint Store at Town Center Plaza (across the street from Sprint Campus) have really gone out of their way to help. me. (although they too could not fix the problem). Great staff there.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast