Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    This has happened to me numerous times. Being new to Sprint I just assumed it's their service. I have also had the "Vision has to be set up on this phone" screen come up a few times. Usually fails the first time and then works the second.
    Maybe you're right, maybe it is a Sprint EVDO thing as this never happened with the 650.
    Yep...it never happened to me until I got the 700p. Now with the 755p I am experiencing the same.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I am at home and it told me earlier I was roaming because I was not in a Sprint area. I am, and it has never done that before. HUH?
    I'm experiencing this EXACT issue, and likewise am using Snappermail. I will delete and see if problem persists. BTW, is Snapperfish aware of this issue?
    I have the Error: 3000 in three of our family phones. Only one has snappermail in it. One doesn't have ANYTHING in it. Yet they all do it. I think it's a Sprint / Treo / EVDO problem. A bug yes, show stopper no.
    I'm experiencing this on my 700p with MR right now. Frustrating.
  7.    #47  
    Actually, since I first posted this thread, the issue has significantly diminished in frequency. Dunno why, but its obvious. One other thing thats come up with snappermail for me however, is a pretty good lag between going to the first message, and the display of the messages. Hmmmmm, I wonder if I am saving the messages to my card.
    I posted this on another thread...

FYI TCers: my wife's first 755P had EVDO connection problems - most times it fell back to 1xRTT even in EVDO area. Also took a long time to connect if it connected at all (75% connection rate). Took it to the store for replacement and the new one performs like my 700P - connection is fast and reliable. Obviously a hardware issue. Beware - my wife said she would not have known about the issue if not for her geeky husband.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Issues here.. Data transfer works okay with chatter BUT the web is a no go.

It keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every hour or so
    Dunno why...but my VISION is KICKIN all of a sudden!!
    Well, for me, deleting Snappermail seemed to solve the problem. BUT, Snapper is SOOOOO much easier to use (esp one-handed) that I reinstalled it. I'll live with the double-connect bug until they come up with a fix(hopefully soon).
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    I posted this on another thread...

FYI TCers: my wife's first 755P had EVDO connection problems - most times it fell back to 1xRTT even in EVDO area. Also took a long time to connect if it connected at all (75% connection rate). Took it to the store for replacement and the new one performs like my 700P - connection is fast and reliable. Obviously a hardware issue. Beware - my wife said she would not have known about the issue if not for her geeky husband.

I've been experiencing the exact same thing since I bought mine 23 days ago. I'm returning (exchanging) it tomorrow!!
    Got a good tech rep and he fixed things...
    My secondary HA was disabled so he corrected that, Cleared the memory in my phone using a ## number, reset my Vision password, and manually provisioned my phone..
    Glad that worked. can you help give step by step instructions and does this erase any data? doe you have to reset the password with a sprint rep?
    Have noticed loooong hangs in connecting to data on the 755 (when already connected) - sometimes fail, sometimes not.

And when not connected, it occasionally fails (sometimes I need to do a soft reset before it will work). However, it's not happening 100% of the time - infrequent and without identifiable pattern.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    I tried to write down as much as I could.

I am out of town until Sunday night. I will post the codes and steps I have. The data that was erased/reset was not any user data and seemed to be only setting aquired during activation.

I do know the HA pri and second numbers should NOT be the same.

Cheers and good luck
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrys914 View Post
    I tried to write down as much as I could.

I am out of town until Sunday night. I will post the codes and steps I have. The data that was erased/reset was not any user data and seemed to be only setting aquired during activation.

I do know the HA pri and second numbers should NOT be the same.

Cheers and good luck
    Just checked mine out and I see the HA primary and secondary ARE The same. Could this be the cause of my data issues???
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Just went to the Sprint Store and had them perform an ESN swap from my 755p back to my old phone. Programed the old phone, then swapped back to the 755p and this fixed my Data problems. Before the HA primary and secondary numbers were the same, now they are different and the data is now working GREAT!!

Thanks to Kerrys914 for the tip!!
    I am still having the connection issue! can anyone help???
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Everything was fine for me. Then, speeds dropped considerably.

I could still use EAS. But, Blazer was S-L-O-W. In fact, some web pages wouldn't load at all. They just timed out. I did a hard reset because I thought a 3rd party app was causing the problem. I called tech support and did a complete RTN reset. I got the same issues with nothing loaded at all on the handheld.

I went to a store and checked a 700P that they had. It was fine. Surfing was quick. I then had a rep put my account information on that phone. BAM. It was S-L-O-W again.

Go to your system preferences. Look at your user name. This is how the Power Vision network identifies you.

You may consider going into a Sprint store and having a tech change your PowerVision user name. Your cell number will remain unaffected. I asked the store clerk to assign me a new user name on the network.

This solved my problems 100%.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast