Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Sorry, I am new to Sprint, but what is provisioning? Is it an update or something?

Thanks.
    Sounds like you just bought the new phone right? I think provisioning is basically saying you have no 'vision' services yet. Its either PCS Vision or Powervision, once you have it activated that provisioning thing should be replaced with Powervision.
  3.    #23  
    provisioning is similar in theory on every service. Its the setting up of the phone for data and or voice. If you are unfamiliar doing it, its best to have customer service or a sprint store, walk you through it, or do it for you.
    Thanks..everything was working when I got the phone, so I guess I am fine.
  5. KJE
    Quote Originally Posted by rkevwill View Post

He has actually asked me to find out from the field, if others are experiencing the same issue with connecting with powervision.
    I have had my phone for about a week and a half, and I don't have any trouble connecting. I think it's been a one try thing from the beginning, of course, the only downloaded app I have is solitaire! (I'm kinda scared to download stuff)
    millie:
    yeah, this is becoming obvious there is a problem somewhere, although not exactly terminal to say the least. Just irritating.

Paptester, Cathearder, do you folks have snappermail installed also?

Doesn't look like its AvantGo, as I totally uninstalled it, and still had the same errors. I reinstalled AvantGo.

No snappermail here.
    I do not have snappermail. I have only had a problem once so maybe it was a fluke.
    I have that connection error too. I turn the Treo a bit and try again and it usually connects. I'm thinking it's a signal strength issue as this only happens when the signal is marginal.

Tom
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars View Post
    I have that connection error too. I turn the Treo a bit and try again and it usually connects. I'm thinking it's a signal strength issue as this only happens when the signal is marginal.

Tom
    Well, note, we all say it connects perfectly the second try. I do know its not a signal strength issue in my case. It happens strong signal or not.
    First of all, my 755p is working great on most every level. One irritating issue though, and I have called my contact (a regional corporate accounts manager) about this. First time, every time, the phone tries to connect with powervision for web or email, connection fails. If it tries to connect itself a second time, or if I force a second connection, it connects flawlessly. This is repeatable 100% of the time.

He has actually asked me to find out from the field, if others are experiencing the same issue with connecting with powervision.

Is this issue fatal? no, is it irritating, yup.
    VERY INTERESTING INDEED! I have had this problem for almost 1 year now! It is what got me the 755p for free, swap-out with my 700p that had the same exact problem and the 755p is doing the same exact thing. I spent almost 4 hours last Friday trying to get this fixed with no luck!!!!!!!

Lets see if we are running any apps that are the same. At one point I thought the culprit was "On Demand" and it has made the error occur far less since I deleted it. Yes it is in ROM but there are parts that seem to be able to delete via the default DELETE on the Treo as well as Uninstall Manager. I did a hard reset and the first thing I did was delete that P.O.S! If not uninstalled and actually used it seems to be the kiss of death for me.

Here is a list of apps I have loaded and I have been running ALMOST "Error: 3000" free for 5 days (Had the error maybe 2 times only as oppsed to 100%:

SnapperMail
    Resco Explorer
    CityID
    MobiTV
    VolumeCare
    Uninstall Manager

Please let me know what happens even if you need to e-mail me.....
    Quote Originally Posted by papester View Post
    Yes, Same thing here. First time, the connection usually fails. If I try again, it always works.
    What apps loaded?

SnapperMail?

Do you or have you activated On Demand?
    Personally, I think we are expecting a bit much at present for TV on the treo, but what do I know.
    I've had a few issues with the 755p, but streaming TV is definitely NOT one of them. I don't know about Sprint TV, but I know I can connected to my Slingbox and the tv stream is superb. I am using EVDO. I couldn't be happier with the stream. Last night it go a bit choppy for a minute or two, but other than that it has run flawlessly...just like a regular TV.
    May I give my fellow Treo comrades some advice?

Don't waste your time attempting to figure out which 3rd party application is causing the error 3000. I've spent countless days(not hours) doing this, adding one app at a time, in varying combinations, only to find out that ITS A PROBLEM WITH EITHER THE PALM SOFTWARE/HARDWARE or SPRINT - maybe both.

The best way to prevent this error is to not install any 3rd party applications whatsoever, and as absurd as this sounds, this was the only way I was able to prevent this error.

I've done reprovisioning, hard resets, more provisioning, more resets, new PRLs, and while on the phone with Sprint's Treo support, EVDO connects each and every time without fail. The ultra nice Sprint tech support guy says, "its one of your 3rd party apps" and closes the service ticket. As soon as I installed any 3rd party app, the problem came back.

Scrote, of your list, the only one I've ever used is VolumeCare, but after a zero out reset and reprovisioning, the first thing I installed was GoogleMaps, not VolumeCare and the problem started again. Another zero out reset and reprovisioning, I would only install Directory Assistant - same problem. I can't count the number of time I did this with different apps, but this leads one to conclude that your 3rd party apps may be causing the problem, but its not the apps that ARE the problem.

Did I mention that all of the aformentioned pertains to a 700p?

I don't own the 755, but I have the exact same problem you 755 owners describe. I wondered if the 755 cured this problem but I see it does not.

The "fix": Have EVDO connect when the phone/radio is turned on and leave it connected. It causes no noticeable battery drain, and it saves you the frustration. I dealt with the Error 3000 for months and was ready to leave Palm, but since applying the "fix" I haven't seen an instance of the error.

It beats the other options of not installing any 3rd party apps or of turning the phone off and back on after every successful connection to the web.
    EGN: You are correct about just staying connected. Just turn off the auto-disconnect in Snapper or Chatter and it would be a work around.

This has become a personal thing though...

Like I said, I have almost seemed to have gotten around it now. Two Error:3000 in 6 days now as compared to every other time without fail.

Being I've seen a few people mention Snappermail just for Shats & Giggles I am trying Chattermail for the 1 month trial to see if I get it again. If not error for a few days I am going to start to add more of my 3rd party apps and may even try OnDemand again to see if it goes Kaboom.

Later,
    Scrote
  15.    #35  
    Ok, so here's a very naive question. (and I'm supposed to kinda know about this stuff). If EVDO is connected, which is data, doesn't that prevent voice calls from coming in? Or is "connected" and active, two different things?
  16.    #36  
    OH....btw, about On Demand. Frankly, there are some services in there I really like. I used to pay 6 bucks a month for it as Pocket Express. I cancelled that now. I really like the quick weather and movie action, and use some of the other things too from time to time. It was extremely useable on my 600. Now that I am on a 755p with evdo, its not as necessary, but...I guess I am used to it for some things
    Ok, so here's a very naive question. (and I'm supposed to kinda know about this stuff). If EVDO is connected, which is data, doesn't that prevent voice calls from coming in? Or is "connected" and active, two different things?
    In Prefs Network Options, you can choose whether or not you want calls to go to voicemail when EVDO is connected and even then, they will only go to voicemail if you are actively sending or receiving.
    Oh well, just got the error in ChatterMail!
    Quote Originally Posted by scrote View Post
    Oh well, just got the error in ChatterMail!
    Uber frustrating isn't it? I'm kind of disappointed that this still happens with the 755.
    Quote Originally Posted by millie View Post
    Exact same problem here. Connection fails on my first attempt then connects like clockwork on the second try. Error message I'm getting on the first attempt is:

Error 3000: Data service is unavailable in this area. Please try again later (0x713e).
    This has happened to me numerous times. Being new to Sprint I just assumed it's their service. I have also had the "Vision has to be set up on this phone" screen come up a few times. Usually fails the first time and then works the second.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast