1.    #1  
    Ok I have been looking for an answer and am getting nothing from the boards and different sites. I decided to get online with Palm. I am not sure that I believe him but thought I would share this with all... Maybe I will be going back to my 700wx. I cut and pasted our char session.

user Frank_Barickm has entered room

Frank_Barickm>
    I have removed my corporate email connection that was being sync'd through EAS. Password policy was pushed down from corporate exchange server. How do I remove it in Palm OS? Must be a setting. In the Palm 700WX running windows mobile I was able to turn this on and off by tweaking the policy in the registry. Palm OS must surely have this.

analyst Kevan has entered room

Kevan>
    Hello Frank_Barickm, Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Kevan. How may I help you?

Kevan>
    Hello.

Frank_Barickm>
    hi

Frank_Barickm>
    I figured all that I typed would already show up to you

Frank_Barickm>
    I would like to know how to remove the password policy that has been forced down to my 755p from an Exchange server without hard reseting?

Kevan>
    I understand that you wish to remove the policy which was installed on the Palm OS device along with the EAS. Am I correct?

Frank_Barickm>
    yes.

Frank_Barickm>
    I realize that it will be installed again next time I decide to sync through EAS....

Kevan>
    I am sorry Mr Barickm, Palm OS does not have any such feature to disable the policy password, the only way is to Hard Reset the device.

Kevan>
    Palm OS recognize only two format files, therefore it is not possible to remove the password pushed from the server.

Frank_Barickm>
    ok, just for my knowledge, what are format files?

Kevan>
    .prc and .pdb

Frank_Barickm>
    ok gotcha, so EAS basically overwrote a file that changes this unless I reload the rom image with the hard reset?

Kevan>
    Yes, you are correct.

Frank_Barickm>
    ok, so technically, I could figure out what file it overwrote before I sync'd through EAS and reinstall it from a backup?

Kevan>
    This file will not be displayed on the device. we need to remove the password policy from the server in order to avoid the password being applied on the device again.

Frank_Barickm>
    maybe I am not stating this correctly. I realize the server pushes the policy onto my device, and thats ok. I will go 2 weeks on at the office, and then 1 week on the road. When I am away, I do not mind the security and sync to the server. When I am at the office, I do not do this. During those times I would happy just to remove the mail account and dump the password policy.

Frank_Barickm>
    basically, I can remove the password now, but cannot change the auto lock device settings. They are locked. I thought there would have been a preference to unlock that?

Frank_Barickm>
    <sorry not trying to be difficult> I am just disappointed cause I could do this with my 700wx. Now I try the 755p and its not possible. bummer.

Kevan>
    Mr Barickm, I certainly understand and sincerely regret the inconvenience that is being caused.

Kevan>
    Palm OS does not have that feature as Treo 700WX.

Frank_Barickm>
    ok thanks for your help Kevan.
    Last edited by fbarickm; 05/23/2007 at 01:58 PM.