Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Good morning everyone,

Yeah, so I'm digging this phone. Yeah sure, it's not a huge step up from the 700, but I'm a Palm addict, so I just so had to have it.

I read an article by Hawkins, he's back to work on a new phone. That's *****in, I'll keep giving them my business. They've earned it. IPhone? Sorry man, I don't do trends. Besides, there's no way I'd give AT&T anything else other than the bird. My man Hawk will outdo Jobs, bet on it.

A few notes.

I did a fresh install, with a new id. Then I went back and installed each of my apps, one by one. I'd test each one, then install another. I haven't had any problems, knock on wood.

Apps that are working for me:
    1) Datebk 6
    2) Pocket Quicken
    3) Reco Explorer
    4) Pocket Lingo
    5) Ringo
    6) PocketTunes Deluxe
    7) EZRemote
    8) Chapura conduits

BTW, quick plug for Limin. If you need to check on (login and do minor stuff) your servers, I use EZRemote. It works great, Limin, the guy who wrote it, always responds quickly.

What else?

It seems snappy, much more lively than my 700P. I like the feel of it. I live in ski country, I always used to Jonez each time I pulled out my 700 on the lift. I really like the way they made it easier to hold onto.

I like the way they hid the expansion card. I don't know how many times I'd pull out my 700, the expansion card would be popped up, ready to fall out. Good one, Palm.

I got Blue, my favorite color. It looks neato.

All my other 700 chargers work fine.

Hotsync is definitely more stable, I use the Chapura conduits.

I haven't tried PDAnet yet, maybe later today. The latest beta version installed fine.

BT seems to be better.

Questions:
    1) Does anyone know how to delete those lame sample songs that come with it?

2) Remember Find Hack? Does anyone know of a suitable replacement, a Find app?

10-4
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmFive View Post
    Good morning everyone,

Yeah, so I'm digging this phone. Yeah sure, it's not a huge step up from the 700, but I'm a Palm addict, so I just so had to have it.

I read an article by Hawkins, he's back to work on a new phone. That's *****in, I'll keep giving them my business. They've earned it. IPhone? Sorry man, I don't do trends. Besides, there's no way I'd give AT&T anything else other than the bird. My man Hawk will outdo Jobs, bet on it.

A few notes.

I did a fresh install, with a new id. Then I went back and installed each of my apps, one by one. I'd test each one, then install another. I haven't had any problems, knock on wood.

Apps that are working for me:
    1) Datebk 6
    2) Pocket Quicken
    3) Reco Explorer
    4) Pocket Lingo
    5) Ringo
    6) PocketTunes Deluxe
    7) EZRemote
    8) Chapura conduits

BTW, quick plug for Limin. If you need to check on (login and do minor stuff) your servers, I use EZRemote. It works great, Limin, the guy who wrote it, always responds quickly.

What else?

It seems snappy, much more lively than my 700P. I like the feel of it. I live in ski country, I always used to Jonez each time I pulled out my 700 on the lift. I really like the way they made it easier to hold onto.

I like the way they hid the expansion card. I don't know how many times I'd pull out my 700, the expansion card would be popped up, ready to fall out. Good one, Palm.

I got Blue, my favorite color. It looks neato.

All my other 700 chargers work fine.

Hotsync is definitely more stable, I use the Chapura conduits.

I haven't tried PDAnet yet, maybe later today. The latest beta version installed fine.

BT seems to be better.

Questions:
    1) Does anyone know how to delete those lame sample songs that come with it?

2) Remember Find Hack? Does anyone know of a suitable replacement, a Find app?

10-4
    You`ll do the iphone and you`ll love it.