1.    #1  
    I finally got my 755p yesterday and though a lot of people think it is nothing new compare to the 700p I think there are a lot of new things.
    -First I noticed that it boots really fast like almost instant after I inserted the battery for the first time. After I got all my programs installed it is still faster than the 700p
    -I also noticed that the screen of the 755p is really vivid and crispy, making my week-old 700p screen look dull and a bit washout.
    -After all my programs installed including Chatter and Mundu my Treo is still fast like the 650.
    -Going to the phone app is almost instant and I love that. Before it was taking some time loading I don't know what.
    -I haven't heard anybody saying this, but the 755p can now be charged through USB without the need of an AC adapter. WOW...!!! That is great.
    -The pictures I've taken with the 755p look much sharper too. I can see more detail on the pictures. It is definitely better than the 700p.
    -It is slimmer and weights less than the 700p and you can really tell unless you are blind.
    -The burgundy color is very classy and looks just awesome.
    -I like the new headset that came in the box.

Overall, I'm very happy with my upgrade from a 700p to a 755p.

Al
    Congrats! I agree with all of your points above.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    -The pictures I've taken with the 755p look much sharper too. I can see more detail on the pictures. It is definitely better than the 700p.
    When comparing the two cameras, did you compare them based on what pictures looked like on the phone or what they looked like on a separate computer screen? In other words, did the upgraded display have anything to do with the perceived upgraded camera (or vice versa)?
    Haven't had the 755 long enough to give a full review but here are a few things I like/dislike:

Dislikes

-The way the blue led shows up behind the phone, calendar, mail, home button. Looks cheap to me (for a $600 phone). I like the way the 700p lights it up.

-I had ONE reset so far. It was after installing OperaMini which doesn't want to work on my 755p by the way. It attempts to go to the website then at the top of the page it says End User License and immediately exits. Yes I did put in the necessary java files.

-The "beep" that I hear before the sms ringtone goes on. This one I have grown to live with and honestly I kinda like it now. Maybe I should have put this in the likes. lol.

-Stylus. It's very flimsy. I feel like I could bend it in half breaking it easily. I do think it looks better than the other stylus'. I might get a pen stylus to replace it.

-Pics. I know this isn't an upgrade to the 700p but I feel as if they should have made the camera 2.0 The camera on the 755p has improved or maybe it's the screen but it certainly looks more brighter and sharp on the pics than the 700p

-Volume. Definite upgrade from the 700p. The speaker is very loud and it goes for both the receiver and the speaker on the back. What is weird is that the Alert Beep ringtone is very low on the 755p. On the 700p it was loud and that was my favorite sms tone. So now I use Alert Swoosh. Alert Triangle is very loud. I don't recommend it. I like how it gives you a warning that if you go beyond a certain volume it shows up a warning box saying: Warning: Increasing sounds and alerts volume too high may be harmful to your hearing. hehe.

-Hidden LED. I love this. It's so awesome how hidden it is then when you get a message it magically appears. lol sounds like a magic trick.

-Web. Certainly more snappy. I like this very much because I don't get any lags anymore when exiting out or jumping from page to page.

-Not as much Llag. There isn't as much lag as the 700p but there is some. From versamail to the home button it takes a second of a lag. On the 700p it would take 5 or 6 seconds.

-Keyboard lighting. I like how it's lit up. Others may disagree because the other treos seems brighter since the majority of the keys are white. I just like how it looks and I have no problem seeing the keys and what I'm typing.

-Screen. More vivid and the colors are more brighter than the 700p. I noticed this in the games and apps and also the pictures I take.

That's all I can think of so far. I'll probably add more when I do my review after a month of having the 755. I can tell you one thing I am NOT missing my 700p
    diane
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I think my new burgundy 755p is a big step up from the 700p. It feels much thinner, love the rubber exterior, better feel to the buttons when typing. Overall a much classier look to it. Definitely a worthy competitor to the 8800.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    I finally got my 755p yesterday and though a lot of people think it is nothing new compare to the 700p I think there are a lot of new things.
    -First I noticed that it boots really fast like almost instant after I inserted the battery for the first time. After I got all my programs installed it is still faster than the 700p
    -I also noticed that the screen of the 755p is really vivid and crispy, making my week-old 700p screen look dull and a bit washout.
    -After all my programs installed including Chatter and Mundu my Treo is still fast like the 650.
    -Going to the phone app is almost instant and I love that. Before it was taking some time loading I don't know what.
    -I haven't heard anybody saying this, but the 755p can now be charged through USB without the need of an AC adapter. WOW...!!! That is great.
    -It is slimmer and weights less than the 700p and you can really tell unless you are blind.
    -The burgundy color is very classy and looks just awesome.
    -I like the new headset that came in the box.

Overall, I'm very happy with my upgrade from a 700p to a 755p.

Al
    The 700P I have charges just fine, although slower, through a USB connection.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr View Post
    Ditto.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    Haven't had the 755 long enough to give a full review but here are a few things I like/dislike:

Dislikes

-The way the blue led shows up behind the phone, calendar, mail, home button. Looks cheap to me (for a $600 phone). I like the way the 700p lights it up.

-I had ONE reset so far. It was after installing OperaMini which doesn't want to work on my 755p by the way. It attempts to go to the website then at the top of the page it says End User License and immediately exits. Yes I did put in the necessary java files.

-The "beep" that I hear before the sms ringtone goes on. This one I have grown to live with and honestly I kinda like it now. Maybe I should have put this in the likes. lol.

-Stylus. It's very flimsy. I feel like I could bend it in half breaking it easily. I do think it looks better than the other stylus'. I might get a pen stylus to replace it.

-Pics. I know this isn't an upgrade to the 700p but I feel as if they should have made the camera 2.0 The camera on the 755p has improved or maybe it's the screen but it certainly looks more brighter and sharp on the pics than the 700p

-Volume. Definite upgrade from the 700p. The speaker is very loud and it goes for both the receiver and the speaker on the back. What is weird is that the Alert Beep ringtone is very low on the 755p. On the 700p it was loud and that was my favorite sms tone. So now I use Alert Swoosh. Alert Triangle is very loud. I don't recommend it. I like how it gives you a warning that if you go beyond a certain volume it shows up a warning box saying: Warning: Increasing sounds and alerts volume too high may be harmful to your hearing. hehe.

-Hidden LED. I love this. It's so awesome how hidden it is then when you get a message it magically appears. lol sounds like a magic trick.

-Web. Certainly more snappy. I like this very much because I don't get any lags anymore when exiting out or jumping from page to page.

-Not as much Llag. There isn't as much lag as the 700p but there is some. From versamail to the home button it takes a second of a lag. On the 700p it would take 5 or 6 seconds.

-Keyboard lighting. I like how it's lit up. Others may disagree because the other treos seems brighter since the majority of the keys are white. I just like how it looks and I have no problem seeing the keys and what I'm typing.

-Screen. More vivid and the colors are more brighter than the 700p. I noticed this in the games and apps and also the pictures I take.

That's all I can think of so far. I'll probably add more when I do my review after a month of having the 755. I can tell you one thing I am NOT missing my 700p
    right on. I agree about the colors of the keys and especially the stylus.. the stylus is terrible.... a small price to pay I suppose.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I was told by the technology folks at another carrier (not Sprint) that the top of the stylus is plastic to avoid interference with the internal antenna. Just a thought.

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    I can easily help you fix this one.

Go into your java settings and increase the memory max to at least 4mb and the stack size to 32kb. Open Opera and try again. You'll be able to get past it and use Opera perfectly. Thankfully, I haven't had any resets. I have it set to 8mb, but that's cause I'm pretty conservative with space and know that I have enough of a buffer.
    AIM: irksome234 MSN: lannie[at]gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr View Post

I've been using the USB method for recharging for both my old 700p and now my 755p. I purchased a few retractable USB hotsynch cords through TreoCentral for approx $15 each. Works just fine for both recharging (slowly) and hotsynching data to the desktop.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by pluka View Post
    I was told by the technology folks at another carrier (not Sprint) that the top of the stylus is plastic to avoid interference with the internal antenna. Just a thought.

Paul
    I'm using the ink pen/stylus combination designed for the Treo 680/750. Works just fine for the 755p. Yes, the stylus feels flexible and cheap. It's a shame, but it works though.
    Casey
    I too have noticed the "invisible" LED at the top left of the 755p. You don't know it's there until it starts lighting up.

From what I can tell at first glance, the camera does in fact appear to be improved, especially in being to take indoor low light pictures. I still think the Treo camera is a toy, but at least it's heading in the right direction.
    Casey
  14.    #14  
    I'm loving this new burgundy Treo 755p guys. Over the weekend I got a compliment from somebody saying that my phone looked really cool. Then, yesterday a lady at work saw me with my Treo 755p and said that she liked my phone. Wow...!! I've never heard those compliments before from my Treo. This Treo is really very stylish and calls for compliments...! This is the first time that I feel like I have a cool phone seriously..

Al
    I'm loving this new burgundy Treo 755p guys. Over the weekend I got a compliment from somebody saying that my phone looked really cool. Then, yesterday a lady at work saw me with my Treo 755p and said that she liked my phone. Wow...!! I've never heard those compliments before from my Treo. This Treo is really very stylish and calls for compliments...! This is the first time that I feel like I have a cool phone seriously..

Al
    I agree with you, I've been getting the same compliments on mine as well. In fact a few of them went to go look for the Burgundy 755 the other day. Everyone loves how it feels and how sharp the screen is too. Lots of compliments on this one.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Same with me, had some Pearl users admire the 755P (burgundy) love the feel of the body and the screen display. Now I don't feel too bad when I see a Pearl ^.^