1.    #1  
    I'd like to keep my personal email separate from my business email. The office installed Good on my Treo and it works fine, with certain exceptions/features that others have mentioned in this forum. I'd like to use a separate email program for my yahoo and other email accounts to keep that stuff separate from business emails.

I have tried Chatter and it works pretty darn well except one issue - I can't seem to access the contacts list correctly. Unlike SMS where I can't see the contacts at all, when I look up an email address in Chatter, I can see the contact list, search for the right contact and then click on the email address, but the email address does not get selected. I find that bizarre.

Anyway, has anyone had an issue like this resolved or have had better luck with a different email program that they have run concurrently with Good?

Thanks.

-----------------
    Verizon Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    goodlink takes over the contacts- follow the work around in the goodlink faqs thread so that you can create a duplicate address book on your treo to use email.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I thought about doing that, but it's kind of an inelegant solution.
    If I went that route, then I would have a duplicate address book which is not up to date as I made changes to the contacts. I would have to remember to hotsync every once in a while, taking away some of the beauty of the OTA updating.
    But I guess I don't have another option.
    You know what i find interesting is, that on my 700w, the default SMS app cannot use the Good contacts. HOWEVER

The threaded SMS application from the 750v (which was ported to the 700w), is able to use the Good contacts.

I have loaded the threaded SMS app from the 750v on my 700w and i am able to reference Good contacts,

I wonder why that is.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by starboardtack View Post
    Thanks, I thought about doing that, but it's kind of an inelegant solution.
    If I went that route, then I would have a duplicate address book which is not up to date as I made changes to the contacts. I would have to remember to hotsync every once in a while, taking away some of the beauty of the OTA updating.
    But I guess I don't have another option.

yup- that's the drawback.

it's possible that good and palm work together to make good replace the palm address book completely but right now it's not quite there so only certain apps can get the good address book correctly.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthkim View Post
    You know what i find interesting is, that on my 700w, the default SMS app cannot use the Good contacts. HOWEVER

The threaded SMS application from the 750v (which was ported to the 700w), is able to use the Good contacts.

I have loaded the threaded SMS app from the 750v on my 700w and i am able to reference Good contacts,

I wonder why that is.
    hopefully that's the result of them working together to tighten things up.

the threaded sms app on the 700p can be called from within good contacts to sent a message but if you go to the sms app and then try a lookup it doesn't work.

so sms ont he 700p is workable but not the best.