1.    #1  
    hello, this phone really appeals to me because its a PDA and a phone, where you can get high speed internet anywhere. im assuming adding unlimited EVDO will make me sign another 2 year contract on the entire family plan. thats lame and im not doing it. so my question is, without EVDO, and having to pay for each text message, is it still worth it? and i guess i can call retentions and tell them that they need to give me the phone cheaper because they wont let me get the EVDO.
    If you dont text use the internet or email, then this phone is not worth it at all.
    i dont think you have a choice whether or not to get EVDO. I remember that they said you cannot use the regular vision package. you must have a power vision (Which i believe is evdo). And as for text messages...it. depends how often you text. if a little, then pay for it. if not try to get unlimited.
    It is still worth it, its a pretty good phone if its like the 650, also you can still do alot, play games, listen to music, do documents, listen to audio books, have your PIM with you at all time, hmm (checks for non-net stuff) oh yeah, watch movies too. Also I think that if you say to keep the same plan you have because there is no EVDO around you, I believe they will just skip over it. And is staying with Sprint for an extra 2 years really that bad? I've been with them for...iI don't know, 7 years..somewhere around there. Just love their data prices ^_^
    My understanding is that Vision / Power Vision, like texting, etc. is considered to be a "service" or "option" on your account rather than part of the plan itself, and therefore can be added or removed at any time without re-upping your contract.

That's Sprint - if you mean Verizon I'm not sure.

'dog
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldstallyns258 View Post
    hello, this phone really appeals to me because its a PDA and a phone, where you can get high speed internet anywhere. im assuming adding unlimited EVDO will make me sign another 2 year contract on the entire family plan. thats lame and im not doing it. so my question is, without EVDO, and having to pay for each text message, is it still worth it? and i guess i can call retentions and tell them that they need to give me the phone cheaper because they wont let me get the EVDO.
    Adding the Power Vision should not affect your contract. Even so, I have 3 lines on my family plan and each one has a different end date. So if anything affected your plan it should be only on one line.

As far as the phone, if you don't care about high speed internet then I would just get the 650. It is a very nice phone and you can find one cheap on eBay.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Agreeing with LupeValenz, the Treo is still a great Organizer. It will allow you to do many things. that arent internet-reliant. I have a Treo mainly for the internet and then for the Organizer.
  8.    #8  
    thanks for the help! here's the situation

We have a family plan, me, my mom, and my sister. Me and my mom have no problem with sprint, very good service, but my sister wants a sidekick (no, she doesn't like treos) so in october when out plan is up, she is getting a sidekick with tmobile.

well our phones now can only make calls, and its lame. no camera or anything. i'd like to get a treo, but i want the EVDO too. you can't beat $15, you really can't since the other places charge $30+. I want to add the unlimited data/EVDO to my phone only, but i don't want to extend the contract on all the phones, just mine because if everyone's is extended, then someone has to pay an extra $200.

so you guys think that i can add the $15 unlimited data/EVDO without extending the contract at all? or at least only extending one line?
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldstallyns258 View Post
    You should sign up for SERO.
  10.    #10  
    can't sign up for SERO, i've looked at it and from what i gather, i have to get a new line, be a new customer, or be out of my existing contract.

getting a new line is kind of dumb because everyone knows my old number (not really a big deal) but then there is an extra line laying around there and the family plan minutes are used up to begin with. also, it would be $35 extra a month instead of $15 extra.
    I have a family plan and you can just add PowerVision to one line. I am not certain, but you may have to renew for 2 years if you do so, but I had it where it only affected my main line (a spoof, maybe) so my 2nd line dies in a few months while I have till Oct 08 on my main line!
  12.    #12  
    sounds good, i'll have to go to a store and see what they tell me.