Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It seems like all the other programs have been able to adapt quickly to the 755p, but not TomTom. Anyone have a clue as to when this might work. TT Support is generally clueless.
    i posted a link in another topic. there is a compatible version available on palms website. though i guess you're trying to just upgrade your software. i'd guess it'd be VERY soon, because i guess the one available from palm isn't shipping yet.
    TomTom Navigator 5 works fine for me on my 755P. The program resides on the mini-SD card. I just had to go through the authentication process and re-pair my bluetooth GPS unit. I hope that works for you.
    I wonder if the MR once loaded on 700Ps will also cause a TT Problem???

Hope not
    Quote Originally Posted by pokada View Post
    TomTom Navigator 5 works fine for me on my 755P. The program resides on the mini-SD card. I just had to go through the authentication process and re-pair my bluetooth GPS unit. I hope that works for you.
    No problem running TomTom Navigator 5 on m 755P here. I had to get a new code, but all everything is working as it did on my 700P.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldstallyns258 View Post
    i posted a link in another topic. there is a compatible version available on palms website. though i guess you're trying to just upgrade your software. i'd guess it'd be VERY soon, because i guess the one available from palm isn't shipping yet.
    TomTom Nav 6 does not work with the 755p. TomTom tier 2 tech support said to talk with Palm to get a patch! Maybe they can put it on their plate after the 700p MR. There is a page on Palm's website where they have patches for the 680 and 750. I wonder how long it took them to get them to release that.

wyldstallyns - what post/what link to Palms website?
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet View Post
    No problem running TomTom Navigator 5 on m 755P here. I had to get a new code, but all everything is working as it did on my 700P.
    What software version do you have?
    The Palm Website says Tomtom v6.030 is compatible with the Treo 755p..

http://store.palm.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2608806&creativeID=RMFB|accessories_gps3_199_mir

is it not in reality?
    yeah, thats the link i provided in another post.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldstallyns258 View Post
    yeah, thats the link i provided in another post.
    The Palm site says the v 6.030 is IN STOCK?
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    What software version do you have?
    TomTom Navigator 5.

No problem running it on my 755P.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    I received 6.010 with my order. It is not automatically upgrading itself to 6.030. I wonder what is up?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I will test TomTom 6.030 tonight when I get home, I had it installing the maps into my memory card, but I accedently pulled it out, and it got courrpted stupid me. But when I installed TomTom the program came up asked me for my prefs about miles and time, and voice but after that it said no maps installed. So I will post tonight when I get a chance.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    it works fine version 6.030.
    TomTom 6.030 (8270) works on my 755p. Nice and fast. I'm back in business now.
    I just ordered the Smartphone Edition 3 GPS kit through the Palm Store for my new Treo 755p waiting for me when I get home from Toronto, ON on Friday. This will be my first GPS experience.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkEye View Post
    TomTom 6.030 (8270) works on my 755p. Nice and fast. I'm back in business now.
    So where does one find 6.030. The update CD says there are no new updates and the TT web site is useless.

--Thanks
    I sent TomTom an email this morning asking about ver. 6.030. Told them that 6.030 works fine on the 755p but they don't have a link for us to upgrade. Hopefully they will get back to me soon.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by brobey View Post
    So where does one find 6.030. The update CD says there are no new updates and the TT web site is useless.

--Thanks
    I'm in the same situation as far as trying to obtain 6.030. There seems to be no way to upgrade even though TT on my 700p is aware there is an update. Trying to update via the PC app or website is unsuccessful as it does not seem to think there is an update.
    I have 6.010. I can't find the update, TomTom Home does not see one, and TT still will not recognize my 755p. What to do?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast