Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    Wait what? I never said anything about it being slow, I just said the app tells you to use the PC to download the latest version.
    Sorry about that, it was a comment by 'albertb' a couple of posts above yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    I have it as well, not sure where I got it from though, downloaded it on the net somewhere but didn't install because I was told it makes 700p slower. I have it on my 755p and it's UI is very fast.
    Anybody have an update here? I still can't find 6.030 Palm anywhere for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrakahn View Post
    someone wrote earlier in this thread an address to go to on Palm's site that you can download a patch for the 680 that is supposed to work with the 755. I'm on the phone now with TomTom trying to get another activation code so I can try it. They are giving me a hard time bouncing me around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrakahn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    someone wrote earlier in this thread an address to go to on Palm's site that you can download a patch for the 680 that is supposed to work with the 755.
    See response #35 in this thread. I think that patch will make 6.010 work. Haven't tried it myself since I have a 700p but I'm trying to get ahead of the curve in anticipation of the 700p MR. TomTom gave me a link to update TomTom Home in hopes that it will allow for an update from 6.010 to 6.030. No luck though :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    See response #35 in this thread. I think that patch will make 6.010 work. Haven't tried it myself since I have a 700p but I'm trying to get ahead of the curve in anticipation of the 700p MR. TomTom gave me a link to update TomTom Home in hopes that it will allow for an update from 6.010 to 6.030. No luck though :-(
    I did add the patch and it made the version read 6.030. It seems to be working now. Much slower on initial launch, but otherwise seems to be working.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I did add the patch and it made the version read 6.030. It seems to be working now. Much slower on initial launch, but otherwise seems to be working.
    Thanks for the confirmation on that John.
    I received my PALM GPS Smartphone Ed. 3 yesterday and 6.030 was pre-installed. So far, works great on the 755p.
    I had purchased the Palm (Tom Tom) for my Treo 650 about two week before I got the 755. It would not work on the 755. Calls and email to Tom Tom were a waste of time. They don't even know what they have or don't have. I took the package back to the Palm store at the Pittsburg, PA airport ands exchanged it for the new Edition and it works just fine with my 755. The Palm guys were super to work with.
    Is this worth buying or what is the best GPS software?
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70 View Post
    Ok, so this is what I did...I went to the Palm website and downloaded the update for the Treo 680 (http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/gps_nav.html). I copied just the files Data.chk and Munich.bin as recommended. I am now able to navigate through TomTom. I am going to hit the road for a bit to see if it works. Will report when I return.
    So in a moment of boredom this evening (and total disgust with TomTom support), I took a stab at the above on my 700p and was successful. My application version went from 6.010 to 6.030 and other then TomTom taking a wee bit longer to start, everything works fine. When I first started TomTom I saw the Navigator splash screen for a second then all when white to the point where I thought I would need to reset the Treo. Right as I was pulling the battery cover off TomTom started. After that the delay in starting TomTom is not much more then it was originally, which was acceptable to me - maybe two seconds longer. So my results confirm what JohnH59 posted above.

I do notice some minor differences like the ability to go back in a couple of options such as POI searching and route planning but nothing significant. I'm still missing some POIs like "Shop" but otherwise this is good.
    I'm very interested in the TomTom GPS but I have some questions maybe Y'all can help me with. I have a small route business and we typically have 30 to 50 stops per day. Is there any way you know of to put custom POI's in a particular order and get directions from stop to stop? I'm wondering if the software will route to contacts if I put the contacts in order if that would work.

Thanks for any reply.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123