Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I installed mini opera on my 755p and when I double click it says
    "Missing IBM Java VM: Please ensure that IBM's websphere Micro Environment Java VM is installed"
    What am I supposed to do?
    Install java on phone? How? Which website I point to?

Anyone running mini opera on 755p?? Suggestions please...

Thanks much !
    Quote Originally Posted by goitsme48 View Post
    "Missing IBM Java VM: Please ensure that IBM's websphere Micro Environment Java VM is installed"

Thanks much !
    I have heard of some folks having an issue (reboot) with Opera on the 755p. Not sure what has been causing it. Couple of posts down someone mentions and issue (I believe in the What Apps work/don't work post)
    You gots to haves the Java.
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/jvm/
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by goitsme48 View Post

Thanks much !
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/jvm/
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the replies... I will download and give that a try...

Quote Originally Posted by whateverandever View Post
    opera mini works very well for me on the 755. I use it with fontsmoother on so I can fit tons on the screen
    Strangely, Opera Mini seems to crash for me when it goes to the EULA page.

Anyone else had that happen?
    Mine doesn't work either and I even switch the settings to Use Double Buffering ON, Use High resolution coordinates ON, maximum memory to 1Mb. Still does the same thing ...exits or resets.
    diane
    Quote Originally Posted by whateverandever View Post
    Strangely, Opera Mini seems to crash for me when it goes to the EULA page.

Anyone else had that happen?
    This is exactly what happens to me. I've got the IBM Java installed, and the latest version of Opera Mini from the website...

Anyone figured out a fix? I've re-downloaded the file twice, even tried opening it with Java itself... Tried saving it to the phone and to the card... Everytime it's the same thing. The EULA comes up and Opera Mini closes...
    I had the same thing happen, but it works now that I used the settings from the second post in this thread. Install Java, go to Preferences, and make the changes. Your 755p will probably soft reset, but when it comes back up, Opera Mini should work fine.
    Awesome... That seemed to work like a charm!!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by chcswa View Post
    I had the same thing happen, but it works now that I used the settings from the second post in this thread. Install Java, go to Preferences, and make the changes. Your 755p will probably soft reset, but when it comes back up, Opera Mini should work fine.
    I had the same problems trying to run miniO on my 700p. I have posted the following solution on some random sites where people reported the same EULA crash. It's very similar to the post you pointed out but the settings ara a little different from what I can tell at a glance - lower memory settings ... but it still runs fine.

"
    The solution is provided in a GMail tutorial regarding the installed Java. I ran into the same problem until I addressed it this way... I will post it here verbatim in case the link goes down (and for speed)...
    "
    Please review the following configuration settings on your Treo by visiting Preferences > IBM Java VM:

* Check Use Double Buffering.
    * Check Use high resolution coordinates.
    * Don't set anything for HTTP Proxy.
    * Set Memory maximum to at least 4Mb.
    * Set Maximum java thread stack size to 4kb
    "

The page can be found here: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...64&topic=10070
    "
    Opera works fine on my 755 but I was surprised at how much slower it was than Blazer. I looked and several items on craigslist which had pics attached and Blazer would load the complete page in 3-4 seconds and Opera was taking 2-3 times longer. I like how quickly Opera goes back on webpages, but Blazer looks to be the clear winner for my usage.
  14. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    works fine on mine! anyone know how to make the txt size smaller?
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Quote from Palm's web site below. So where do we go now to get the JVM for Palm OS in order to get Opera to work?

As of January 12, 2008, Palm no longer has rights to distribute the IBM WebSphere Micro Environment Java Virtual Machine (JVM) to our customers. JVM allows users to install and run Java applications and games on Palm OS® devices.

Palm is not able to offer the JVM download or version upgrades. We will continue to support existing installations of JVM on our website.

Opera Mini - site
    We have advised Opera support that the Palm OS JVM is no longer available. There is no alternate Java Virtual Machine that we are aware of for Palm OS. We know of no way to run Opera Mini on Palm OS if you do not already possess the JVM. We regret the inconvenience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmetheon View Post
    Quote from Palm's web site below. So where do we go now to get the JVM for Palm OS in order to get Opera to work?____________________________________________________________
    4th post down on this thread, just click the link and it opens the .zip file download:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=IBM+Java
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    I get the EULA error too. Any updates? (I know this is an old thread but I have the same problem.)
    I got the Eula problem, and I changed the settings in the JVM to the max, also I would like to mention that 7.5.1 didnt work for me, and 7.5.2 is working good so far...