Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1.    #1  
    Alright! I just saw the taxi go by. I noticed that the easter egg showed up after the first hotsync. I had tried to make it appear when I first got the phone but it wouldn't so I figured it wouldn't be on the 755.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  2. #2  
    My taxi showed up on day 2.
    diane
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    My taxi showed up on day 2.
    Can you post the steps to enable the "taxi" I forgot how I did it on the 700o
  4. #4  
    I wish I remembered how to make it happen, it happens a few times a day on my Treo 700p,lol.
    Jimmie Geddes
  5.    #5  
    Well, the way to do it on the 650 (it just transfered over from my backup) was to go to preferences and then the power option. In the bottom right corner use your stylus to draw a counter clockwise circle and then an easter egg shows up. That's where it is on my 755 to, but I didn't have to since it transferred.

    Here's a program to show the taxi at will.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RickMG; 05/22/2007 at 08:39 PM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Well, the way to do it on the 650 (it just transfered over from my backup) was to go to preferences and then the power option. In the bottom right corner use your stylus to draw a counter clockwise circle and then an easter egg shows up. That's where it is on my 755 to, but I didn't have to since it transferred.

    Here's a program to show the taxi at will.
    Just got the egg to appear on my Sprint 700p. Buts what's the deal?

    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Just got the egg to appear on my Sprint 700p. Buts what's the deal?TIA
    Easter Eggs are little things that programmers put in some programs they write that most people will NEVER find. I think you can probably google easter eggs and it will tell you more.

    Well, someone cleaverly found this one. Activating it like you did won't do anything with the exception of every once in awhile, and by that I mean rarely, a little Volkswagon Taxi will cross your screen. You will get a chuckle when it happens. The .prc file I have attached to my other post is just a program that you can start and the taxi will cross once. I first heard about the taxi when I joined this board in '05.

    By the way, if you want to turn the egg off, circle it the other way.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Easter Eggs are little things that programmers put in some programs they write that most people will NEVER find. I think you can probably google easter eggs and it will tell you more.

    Well, someone cleaverly found this one. Activating it like you did won't do anything with the exception of every once in awhile, and by that I mean rarely, a little Volkswagon Taxi will cross your screen. You will get a chuckle when it happens. The .prc file I have attached to my other post is just a program that you can start and the taxi will cross once. I first heard about the taxi when I joined this board in '05.

    By the way, if you want to turn the egg off, circle it the other way.
    Tks for the explanation.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  9. #9  
    I get the volkswagen a few times a day on my Treo 700p, I don't have that application installed. Could this be the reason why my Treo 700p has progressively gotten worse?lol. The 700P MR can't come soone enough.
    Jimmie Geddes
  10. #10  
    I get my Taxi more(now), than I ever did on my other Treo's.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  11. #11  
    The egg magically appeared on my power screen today . . . I had forgotten about the little guy. . . . . . . now I wonder how long it will take the taxi to go running across my screen. . . . . . .
  12.    #12  
    I don't notice the taxi as often as I did on the 650, but I did see it yesterday.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  13. #13  
    I did the circle thingy on the power screen, did not get the egg. As usual, stuff just doesn't work for me. I have the 755p.
    Matty
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    I did the circle thingy on the power screen, did not get the egg. As usual, stuff just doesn't work for me. I have the 755p.

    Bottom right of power screen . . . . . . . . a small counterclockwise circle . . . . . . . . just above "tips". . . . . . . about the size of this guy ====>
  15. adz1966's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    #15  
    Easter egg works on Centro, so it should work on 755P.
  16. #16  
    It took me a few tries, but it finally worked! I got the easter egg but I couldn't get the taxi to come up. Thanx for the info!
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    It took me a few tries, but it finally worked! I got the easter egg but I couldn't get the taxi to come up. Thanx for the info!
    You don't "get the taxi to come up", the taxi appears randomly. You can see what it looks like by using the .prc in the message earlier in the thread.
  18. #18  
    a pic to help people with where & what size counter clockwise circle to draw
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HTC Touch Pro
  19. AMVMommy's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    #19  
    I got the Easter Egg to show up on my 650 using the instructions above (Thanks!), but once that is on is that when the taxi starts showing up? I've had my 650 for a couple of years and have never seen the taxi. It sounds like fun!
  20. #20  
    One additional tip- start your circle at 12 o'clock. Being left-handed I usually start my O's at the bottom or 6 o'clock, and that didn't work.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions