Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Treo 755p is coming in today, and I want a good screen protector for it. I've read many places that Boxwave's are about the best you can get. They have Anti-Glare and Crystal. Does anyone have experience with both and could recommend one over the other? I don't know what would be better, anti-glare, or greater transparency.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    I've used both. Right now I'm using the anti-glare. It's really a matter of personal preference.

Crystal: It really is very clear. No change in colors or crispness from original screen. However, it does attract dust, fingerprints, and smudges. They are more noticable on the Crystal.

Anti-Glare: Very slight "haze" look to the screen, but nothing too drastic or overwhelming to look at. Anti-glare works great in the car keeping the screen readable since I also use the Treo for TomTom GPS. Doesn't seem to attract as much dust and fingerprints/smudges are less noticable.

You can always order one of each and try them out since they are washable and reusable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The crystal clear is really clear and it feels like you don't have a screen protector. I have no experience with the Anti-Glare, which I think it was recommended for lower resolution devices like the 600 and bellow.

Al
  4.    #4  
    Right now I have no screen protector on my 650, and I don't usually find glare to be a problem. If Crystal is less noticeable and it doesn't feel like you have one when using the stylus, I think that might be the way to go for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousSource View Post
    I've used both. Right now I'm using the anti-glare. It's really a matter of personal preference.

Crystal: It really is very clear. No change in colors or crispness from original screen. However, it does attract dust, fingerprints, and smudges. They are more noticable on the Crystal.

Anti-Glare: Very slight "haze" look to the screen, but nothing too drastic or overwhelming to look at. Anti-glare works great in the car keeping the screen readable since I also use the Treo for TomTom GPS. Doesn't seem to attract as much dust and fingerprints/smudges are less noticable.

You can always order one of each and try them out since they are washable and reusable.
    Is there a picture comparing both screen protectors especially under the glare you get in the car? The glare during the day really bothers me while driving and it would be nice if it helped.

Al
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Is there a picture comparing both screen protectors especially under the glare you get in the car? The glare during the day really bothers me while driving and it would be nice if it helped.

Al
    No, I haven't seen any pics and I don't have one from when I had the Crystal on. You can notice the reduction in glare just from the ambient sunlight coming into the car though. Also, if you wear polarized sunglasses (Hobie, Maui Jim, some Ray-Bans, etc) I have noticed a "rainbow" effect when looking at the screen with they Crystal protector that I don't see with the anti-glare when I have my sunglasses on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've had both - right now I have the anti-glare. I had the crystal on my T|X, and the anti-glare on my Zire. I don't really have a preference - though the anti-glare does look "cleaner".
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw View Post
    I've had both - right now I have the anti-glare. I had the crystal on my T|X, and the anti-glare on my Zire. I don't really have a preference - though the anti-glare does look "cleaner".
    Can you be more specific about what you mean by cleaner? Is that because the Crystal one shows dust and fingerprints more easily and the anti-glare?
    I have noticed a lot of fingerprints and smudges on my Crystal clear one, but I was just thinking that it was just the nature of a screen. But if the anti-glare one doesn't show much of it then it would be nice to try it. What about the texture of the screen protector. Is it kind of grainy? Can you take a picture of your Treo with the anit-glare protector?

Al
    It definitely doesn't show prints/smudges as much. That said, I really like both. When it comes time for me to get another one I'll probably end up going with the anti-glare.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I have noticed a lot of fingerprints and smudges on my Crystal clear one, but I was just thinking that it was just the nature of a screen. But if the anti-glare one doesn't show much of it then it would be nice to try it. What about the texture of the screen protector. Is it kind of grainy? Can you take a picture of your Treo with the anit-glare protector?

Al
    I don't find the texture to be grainy. I'll try to post a pic tonight if no one else does before then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I like the anti-glare...
    I have the Javo Crystal Clear, which I think is basically the same.... I find with the screen protector in place it looks almost identical to my wifes which did not have a protector on yet. We now both have one, as she tosses her 680 in her purse with whatever. Anywho..

It smudges and collects junk worse than my old screen protector, but it's perfectly clear which I love. I've not seen the anti-glare to compare, and I doubt pictures would do it justice to compare. I bet if you look around on the net there would be some side-by-side pictures, which you MIGHT be able to get something out of, but again, I suspect a picture won't tell you much.
    Crystal is nice IMO b/c as if you writing/using screen itself. I have not seen/used anti-glare version but can tell it would be a different animal.

My only issue is on one of my most recent orders, one of my boxwaves had big piece of white partical on the sticky side. I caused an ugly smudge (about 1/3 cm square) by trying to take it off w/ a very fine blade. Looks ugly now.
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
    I have used both the Crystal and the Anti Glare. I prefer the Antiglare, becase fingerprints on my screen bug me. I currently have a Crystal on because it was given to me, but I'm constantly wiping away smudges. With the Anti Glare I don't remember having to wipe away the finger prints. I just ordered a 3pack from boxwave of the anti
    m100 Zire 72 Treo 650 Treo 680
    Anti-glare here. Only have to wipe it clean once in a great while.
    I use the crystal protectors, they are great, perfectly clear.
    Sure, they may collect fingerpirnts, but no more so than your naked Treo screen. Its really like having nothing on it at all, and you get great clarity and scratch protection.
    If you dont like fingerprints then don't touch the screen.
    The anti-glare protectors are annoying... they DO have a somewhat grainy look to them, and the screen calrity suffers a bit. It makes small text hard to read.
    I had ordered a 3-pack of anti-glares a while ago...I love being able to see it in all lighting conditions and never wiping it off. However, with this new 755p...I can't help but think I'd rather wipe smudges off daily to turn that grainy anti-glare into crystal clear.

I think it depends on how much elbow grease you're willing to put in!

Anti-glares are also better for limiting scratches to protector and supposedly makes touchscreen more responsive, tho.

I'll try crystal with 755 this time, and I'm sure I'll enjoy the screen quality a bit more than my 650 with anti-glare.
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    If you dont like fingerprints then don't touch the screen.
    Right...people actually use a stylus?

Anyway...I know crystal's gonna attract more than just fingerprint dirt & grease...also grease from you face!
    it's just a matter of preference, you could try ordering one of each type and see which one you like the best.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast