Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    crystal's gonna attract more than just fingerprint dirt & grease...also grease from you face!
    Right - I prefer the clarity of the screen with crystal, but not the fingerprints, oils, etc. My screen looked filthy no matter how much I cleaned it off. I've gone back to the anti-glare.

Preference: Crystal for traditional palms, anti-glare for treos.
  2. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    The Anti-Glare is superior in day-to-day useage than the Crystal for the Treo.

I can't remember the last time I used a stylus on my 650 and the Crystal has a tendency to look smudged all the time and makes it a bit difficult to read in situations where bright lighting creates glare.

In addition, and this could just be my imagination, the anti-glare seems to accept stylus/fingernail inputs more readily - perhaps because the surface is a bit "rougher."

OTOH, the crystal protectors work extremely well for "non-touchscreen" applications like the Blackberry that won't get smudged as much.

BTW, the Boxwave Screen Protector in conjunction with the FlexiSkin cases make for some decent protection. I'm not sure if I would trust the treo to a belt clip where the screen side faces out, but if you carry your Treo in a pocket or purse, then it is outstanding protection.

The FlexiSkin for the Blackberry protects even better as it also covers the keyboard (Can Boxwave do this for the Treo?) and actually makes typing easier and more accurate. Because the screen protector/FlexiSkin covers most of the Blackberry (except for ports and the scroll wheel of course) it works very well in messy environments where spray (think hospital) or the errant soda would normally ruin your device.

In the past, Boxwave has had some shipping issues with their overnight carrier, but it appears that they've been resolved.
    Cheers

Charles
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I go back and forth. After a few weeks of constantly cleaning the screen I go back to the the antiglare. After a few weeks of grainyness i go back to the cyrstal clear.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Quote Originally Posted by ceb View Post
    In addition, and this could just be my imagination, the anti-glare seems to accept stylus/fingernail inputs more readily - perhaps because the surface is a bit "rougher."
    This is definitely my favorite part about anti-glare. I don't think it's that much of a difference to prefer dealing with the gritty screen. I've never used a stylus with a Treo past day one, excluding games, however. No need. But yes, I do remember the reaction of anti-glares being very responsive!! But like I said...I'm through with the grit.

Quote Originally Posted by ceb View Post
    BTW, the Boxwave Screen Protector in conjunction with the FlexiSkin cases make for some decent protection. ... but if you carry your Treo in a pocket or purse, then it is outstanding protection.
    And I think it must be my imagination but FlexiSkin type cases are a pain in the *** to pull out of a pocket!! I also remember getting dirt/sand unknowingly lodged between the skin & the case, resulting in a scratched Treo. I don't recommend it. The 755 has a nice, slightly rubbery texture that will prevent dropping like earlier Treos. Upgrade Today!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I've had both. I have to say I prefer the crystal. You have to clean it a bit more often, but the colors are crisper and brighter without the haze from the anti-glare. Just my preference though. As many have said, it's a matter of taste.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    is the anti-glare one any "harder" than the crystal one? I use the boxwave crystal versions, and have a big series of scratches in the middle of the screen from using (a lot) the stylus for the Megabowling game (....my high score is just one pin away from the perfect 300!!)

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Regarding the Boxwave Crystal Clears... I tried them years ago, and had problems with them not adhering completely along the edges. The install instructions said it takes a couple days to fully stick, but I always had them peeling away along the edges no matter how long I waited. Anyway, have they resolved this problem?
    denpends on the batch you get. Also I have found that the screen itself can be slightly curved causing this.

I had one that the one side would never stick. I put it on another device and had no problems. Strange since the protector is flexible, but thats what happened.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    is the anti-glare one any "harder" than the crystal one? I use the boxwave crystal versions, and have a big series of scratches in the middle of the screen from using (a lot) the stylus for the Megabowling game (....my high score is just one pin away from the perfect 300!!)

cheers
    Yes the anti-glare is harder/stiffer than the crystal model. It also hides scratches/smudges better.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12