Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    OK...kinda pissed off right now. I upgraded to the 755p from the 700p because the "product tour"/demo of the 755p on Palm's website had a screen shot of a screen titled "When to Sync". The screen had options like PUSH, don't sync before..., don't sync after (peak times to sync) which meant to me I no longer had to hit the "sync" button to "open" my data connection for PUSH (exchange active sync). I keep getting the alerts to "push to sync" message. I don't have the "When to Sync" screen/option available. Any suggestions?
  2. #2  
    Go to your email app (versamail), select the menu -> options -> preferences

    Under auto sync -> selec autosync -> make syre Auto sync check box for mail is checked -> then a 'when' box should pop up with some scheduling times.

    I found if you select when -> 'as items arrive' you lose the scheduling options and have to sync mail, calendar, and contacts.

    Other than lack of settings and control, PUSH works great.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by fbarickm View Post
    Go to your email app (versamail), select the menu -> options -> preferences

    Under auto sync -> selec autosync -> make syre Auto sync check box for mail is checked -> then a 'when' box should pop up with some scheduling times.

    I found if you select when -> 'as items arrive' you lose the scheduling options and have to sync mail, calendar, and contacts.

    Other than lack of settings and control, PUSH works great.
    I'm aware of these settings. Thanks. However did you see the demo for the product (755p) on Palm's website. They actually had a checkbox that said "Push" and like the 700wx, you could set your peak times. That is specifically what i was talking about.
  4.    #4  
    I envision the data connection would remain "open" at all times (as on the 700wx) with the "PUSH" checkbox checked. Got to palm.com and click on the link to experience the 755p. Then click on the email tab/link. Then click Learn More. From there, put your pointer over the first bullet link and check out the screen shot.
  5. #5  
    Thanks overcast. I had not seen that. I see the screen (and function) you are talking about. I would like that as well. Is similar to what I was complaining about in another post. I had a WX before this... may be going back to it... have 27 days or so left to test.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by overcast10 View Post
    I envision the data connection would remain "open" at all times (as on the 700wx) with the "PUSH" checkbox checked. Got to palm.com and click on the link to experience the 755p. Then click on the email tab/link. Then click Learn More. From there, put your pointer over the first bullet link and check out the screen shot.
    Pardon my newbie in-look on this but for the PUSH the 755p is the first Palm OS that works with the Exhange Server 2003 or Exchange Server 2007 (as noted on the bottom the Flash demo).

    I have been using the "Synch ever Hour option" with good results (not push email) for my personal accounts.
  7. doc31's Avatar
    Posts
    707 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    #7  
    Good catch overcast. I dont have the 755 yet but does the new email screen really look like this with the buttons at the bottom.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  8. #8  
    Doc, my mail on the 755p does not quite look like that. Top part and msg body very similiar but bottom is not icons. Bottom buttons are oval with words Send, Outbox, Drafts, Cancel.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    Good catch overcast. I dont have the 755 yet but does the new email screen really look like this with the buttons at the bottom.
    No the email does not look like that. I am on the phone with technical support. I want answers! lol... Sorry I was in a meeting but I will let you know how my conversation went.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by fbarickm View Post
    Thanks overcast. I had not seen that. I see the screen (and function) you are talking about. I would like that as well. Is similar to what I was complaining about in another post. I had a WX before this... may be going back to it... have 27 days or so left to test.
    I had the WX before getting this and this "When to Sync" function was the reason I went back to the Palm OS. I assumed the syncing would perform as it did on the WX. That is not the case!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    Good catch overcast. I dont have the 755 yet but does the new email screen really look like this with the buttons at the bottom.
    Where did this email screen come from?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by overcast10 View Post
    No the email does not look like that. I am on the phone with technical support. I want answers! lol... Sorry I was in a meeting but I will let you know how my conversation went.
    So did you get any answers from tech support? The main reason I am using the 755p is that I lost my 700wx ($ouch$$). Thought I would try the 755p for 30 days and decide. Pros and Cons for both so far.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by fbarickm View Post
    So did you get any answers from tech support? The main reason I am using the 755p is that I lost my 700wx ($ouch$$). Thought I would try the 755p for 30 days and decide. Pros and Cons for both so far.
    I was on the phone (on hold) for an hour. I pointed them to the web and they were sooo confused. I had to hang up. I will call tomorrow (Wednesday).
  14. doc31's Avatar
    Posts
    707 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by overcast10 View Post
    Where did this email screen come from?
    That pic came from the same flash movie you were talking about.. explore the 755 thing. I think it was under email pages 2 the first bullet
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  15.    #15  
    this morning and they could not find the "When to Sync" screen on their 755p. They gave me a reference number and will call me in 24 hours. It apparent that the Versamail app in the demo is a new version and we have not been afforded the update. Maybe this is what the Marc (Chattermail) is/was working on (theory)? Regardless they now no of the matter and I hope to here something soon.
  16.    #16  
    Finally spoke to Palm Technical Support. They informed me that the Exchange 2003 SP2 or Exchange 2007 server has to have the AUTD (Always Up To Date) service ENABLED for the "When To Sync" option to appear. I will check at my job on Wednesday to see if this feature is enabled. Does anyway have a way of testing this to confirm/deny this theory.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by overcast10 View Post
    Finally spoke to Palm Technical Support. They informed me that the Exchange 2003 SP2 or Exchange 2007 server has to have the AUTD (Always Up To Date) service ENABLED for the "When To Sync" option to appear. I will check at my job on Wednesday to see if this feature is enabled. Does anyway have a way of testing this to confirm/deny this theory.
    Mine is definetly "pushing". But the only setting, related to push, I have is "When items arrive". At times, items will arrive on my Treo before my Outlook client gets them. Of course, I can change that to timed intervals as well.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    Mine is definetly "pushing". But the only setting, related to push, I have is "When items arrive". At times, items will arrive on my Treo before my Outlook client gets them. Of course, I can change that to timed intervals as well.
    Do you see the "When To Sync" screen?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by overcast10 View Post
    Do you see the "When To Sync" screen?
    No, the screen does not look anything like the one in the flash demo.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    No, the screen does not look anything like the one in the flash demo.
    Does your exchange server have AUTD enabled?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions