Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I recently moved to a 700p from a 700w. One major issue I'm having is with TomTom Nav 6. It ran fine on the 700w except for the occasional slowdown(this could always be fixed by a soft reset). On the 700p however, it's terribly slow...basically unusable. It runs sort of like very choppy video. It seems to update my position about every second or a little faster instead of smoothly showing the new position as I move.

Anyone seen this problem? Any solutions? I'd like it to work but it's not worth ditching the 700p over. I'd rather just pick up a Tomtom One or something if the 700p just can't handle it.

Thanks!
    Works fine for me.. Do a clean install of the app.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    nlowhor
    I upgraded from tt5 to 6. TT5 worked great on my 700p on a 2 gb sd card. Not so with TT6. I had the same issues your having. I called TT and they told me that I must install tt on a 1 gb sd card. I did this and TT 6 now works like a champ. Hope this helps.
    Check out the following thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...om+format+card

I had the same problem. But after formatting my 4gb card as recommended on the thread my problem was solved.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Also, what version number of TomTom are you using? 6.010? Theres a 6.030 upgrade, primarily for the 680, which was a million times slower than 6.010 on my 700p.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 05/21/2007 at 11:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Thanks for the responses.

I'm running 6.010. This was a clean install onto a 2 GB SD card previously used in my 700w and a digital camera. I'd like to use a 2 GB card to have plenty of room. I'll try formatting this card and if that doesn't work, try a 1 GB card.

Any other suggestions? I'll report back when I see how this works.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I formatted the 2 GB card using this command found in the thread mentioned above:

format X: /FS:FAT /A:32K

The app is defintely faster but I haven't been driving yet. Browsing the map is actually usable now when before it was painfully slow redrawing.

I'll report back tomorrow after driving some. Does anyone think it might work even faster on a 1 GB card? Really don't want to go to something that small, but it might be worth it.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I've been running TT6 on a 2GB card with other apps and no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70 View Post
    Check out the following thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...om+format+card

I had the same problem. But after formatting my 4gb card as recommended on the thread my problem was solved.

Ditto to cash70's recommendation above. Pay particular attention to the post in that thread by barnel.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    it's hard to gauge what all of your definitions of slow is. I have a youtube video here of tomtom6... can you guys tell me if your's runs like this or slower?
    I had the same problem. The reformatting of the card to the smaller cluster size worked great for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by muncheroo View Post
    it's hard to gauge what all of your definitions of slow is...
    Prior to reformatting the SD card, TomTom was always behind. For example, if I made a right turn it would take around 2 or 3 seconds before TomTom said, "right turn ahead". The display was also behind and it would not show as a consecutive route. It was more like screenshots of the route.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    That sounds about like what I'm seeing. It's very choppy and always trying to catch up to my actual position. Like screenshots or video at 1 fps.

Anyway, like I said above, I reformatted the card, but on my brief drive in this morning, it was the same. I'll try a soft reset and run it again on the way home.
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    Anyway, like I said above, I reformatted the card, but on my brief drive in this morning, it was the same. I'll try a soft reset and run it again on the way home.
    What brand and size card are you using?

After I reformatted my 4gb Transcend card, I could tell immediately there was a remarkable difference -- say, just planning a route or accessing the Preferences options. Originally, after displaying the initial TomTom splash screen it took 45 seconds for the license screen to appear. Now it takes about 4 sec and moving from screen to screen or map to map is quite peppy.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I recently discovered an issue like this. My specific issue was that the maps of W Europe were too large for my Treo 650! When I used a smaller map (UK & Ireland) speed picked up and there was very little delay in planning routes. This could of course be due to my 2 GB card- but I found it easier just to use a smaller map.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I'm using a Transcend 2 GB 150x. After reformatting, the menus and browsing the map seemed much improved. When I ran a route demo though it was choppy. Then I tried it in the car this morning and it was no better than before.

Before reformatting I tried a smaller map and it didn't help. I can try that again now that I've reformatted.
    Wait, are you guys telling me that tomtom can run at framerates high enough that the position changes become seemingly continuous????
    Quote Originally Posted by muncheroo View Post
    Wait, are you guys telling me that tomtom can run at framerates high enough that the position changes become seemingly continuous????
    You should be able to see your position move along continuously with the car. If not, then there is something wrong.

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    It used to run very well on my T3 and did fine on my 700W although it would get bogged down at times. I haven't seen it run smoothly on my 700P yet. Surely we'll figure out the problem. It should be like smoothly running video almost.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Well it's still not working smoothly. I just installed it on my formatted 1 GB card and the demo still runs choppy. Any other ideas?

Also, has anyone had any experience trying to run Tomtom with a BT GPS receiver and using a BT headset simultaneously? Based on my limited trials, it seems pretty flaky so far.

I'm so tempted to go pick up a $249 Tomtom ONE. Anyone know if you can sell Tomtom software??

Thanks again!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast