Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I had given up on TomTom ver. 6 because of how slow it ran, but thanks to the reformatting tip, it's now running pretty smoothly from a 2gb card. (I wouldn't say it is movie continuous when driving under 45, but its pretty close.) Has anyone noticed a difference if you run the Navigator App from the card or the Treo? If I run it from the card, it obviously installs itself in Treo ram for that use. But, I can also install the app directly to the Treo memory. Besides the slightly longer inititial load time from the card, any other operational difference?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    How do you load it into main memory? I couldn't find a way to install it other than to a card using TomTom Home. I get an icon in 2 places though as if it's in memory and on the card. I just assumed that once you inserted the card it installed itself on the Treo permanently as well.

Maybe this is my problem because the reformatting didn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    How do you load it into main memory? I couldn't find a way to install it other than to a card using TomTom Home. I get an icon in 2 places though as if it's in memory and on the card. I just assumed that once you inserted the card it installed itself on the Treo permanently as well.

Maybe this is my problem because the reformatting didn't work.
    I'm using Launcher X and when I first installed TomTom it also showed Navigator on both the card and in RAM. Only the RAM version was registered, however. I then used Launcher X to move the RAM version to the card. Now, it only shows up when I insert the card, though the Icon shows it is in RAM. When I remove the card and refresh Laucnher X, the Icon goes away.
    i have found this fix to help with other programs that use the card. I have a 4 GB sd card and almost all of the programs i use use the sd card and they have shown improvement after formatting the sd card into 16k instead of 4k as windows formats it.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I really appreciate all the responses, but nothing seems to be working(at least from the smoothness of the demo). Any new ideas? Maybe another app that doesn't play nice?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    In addition to the slowness, I've also noticed that my 700P can't maintain simultaneous connections to a bluetooth GPS receiver and a bluetooth headset. Is this just a 700P bluetooth problem or has anyone else got this to work?

In fact, it seems that having the GPS receiver connected really messes up the ability to connect the headset. I had to reset to get it to see the headset again.
    Yeah, 700P and pretty much all Treos can only take 1 BT connection to something at a time. Sorry bub.

And my TT6/700P works flawlessly!!
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I had a 700W for awhile and it worked great with 2 devices. Is this just a POS limitation? I had read a review of the 700p which said it could handle 2 devices, but perhaps that was wrong.

IMO this makes it rather useless for navigation. If I'm driving, I'm certainly using my bluetooth headset for calls.
    It can definetely work with two BT devices. Before the MR it was painfully slow with TT6 to connect to GPS unless I turned the headset off first. But I can still turn it on later and when I got a call, it gets to my BT headset and can answer the call etc.. After the MR it connects in no time, it first disconnects the headset, connects the GPS, then I can hear the headset connect again. Both working. Now, after answering the call, going back to TT6 did not connect. I only tried it once after the MR and it failed but it used to be able to resume navigation before the MR. I jus need to try this again some time.

I also use PXA Clocker to make my TT6 with my 4GB SD card usefull. It is a pain for me because I use On Demand a lot more than TT6 and PXA crashes OD. I move PXA to the card and copy back before using the large map on TT6.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cvela90 View Post
    It can definetely work with two BT devices. Before the MR it was painfully slow with TT6 to connect to GPS unless I turned the headset off first. But I can still turn it on later and when I got a call, it gets to my BT headset and can answer the call etc.. After the MR it connects in no time, it first disconnects the headset, connects the GPS, then I can hear the headset connect again. Both working. Now, after answering the call, going back to TT6 did not connect. I only tried it once after the MR and it failed but it used to be able to resume navigation before the MR. I jus need to try this again some time.

I also use PXA Clocker to make my TT6 with my 4GB SD card usefull. It is a pain for me because I use On Demand a lot more than TT6 and PXA crashes OD. I move PXA to the card and copy back before using the large map on TT6.
    I'm using a Verizon 700P so I'm not sure we'll ever see the MR. I plan to move to the 755p when it comes out though. Would you say that the MR allowed the 2 BT connections? It sounds like the whole process is still a bit flaky. It's hard enough right now sometimes to just have a headset connected when you want it.

I've also not been able to get any overclocking software to work. I hoped that would speed up tomtom a bit.
    Sorry but that is just the way TT6 is on the 700p. I've used it on the 700wx and the 700p. The 700wx is smooth as silk but the 700p only moves incrementally. It is still usable but it isn't nearly as smooth as the WM device.

I'll try the reformatting trick to see if it helps.
    Last edited by Yirk; 06/19/2007 at 03:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    Sorry but that is just the way TT6 is on the 700p. I've used it on the 700wx and the 700p. The 700wx is smooth as silk but the 700p only moves incrementally. It is still usable but it isn't nearly as smooth as the WM device.

I'll try the reformatting trick to see if it helps.
    Yeah it ran really well(most of the time) on my 700w. Occasionally it seemed that the system would just get bogged down and need a reset, and then it would run find again. Just how WM works.

I picked up a TomTom ONE XL which is awesome since it just works and has a great big screen. However, it's kinda irritating to have to worry about a separate device when the Treo could handle it. Perhaps I'll see if it works any better on the 755p when I have that option.
    The dual device worked before the MR.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12