Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    i just got my 755. i'm synching for the first time. it's already been well over an hour. is that normal?

for quite sometime, in the "hotsynch progress" on the desktop, it has said "Synchronizing Addit" - is it hung up, or does it just take this long?

the treo has said "synchronizing MyTreoAccount"...

thanks in advance...
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    hate to be a jerk - but certainly one of the people here who bought a 755 has actually synched it???
    Hmm....well...I don't have one but I can no way see a sync being that long unless its WinMobile device....(lol J/k WM users). Sounds like it is stuck there. Please tell me that by now its still not syncing. Might be best to go into the Sync manager and disable those two apps if you don't use them.
    Remove the battery and soft reset. You aren't saying if you're upgrading from another Treo or this is new to you. If you're upgrading make sure you installed the new software first. If not, do a hard reset on your phone and start over and follow the directions on the CD.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    thanks folks. i was upgrading. i did install the new software first (the only tell you to do that about 300 times in 300 different places first. )

i cancelled. it's now in that process, so i'll see what happens afterwards...
    Got our 755p's today. I sync'ed mine via the cable and it took a couple minutes. My wife's sync is taking much longer (in progress right now) because I opted for the bluetooth sync. I don't think it's going to take an hour. FYI... this was on a clean install of the Palm Desktop software.

The systems are Mac OS X
    Mine first sync via bluetooth to my MacBook Pro took a LOOOONNNNGGGG time. It was probably about an hour. I would set it and then leave it. Watching it will drive you nuts :-)
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregr209 View Post
    Mine first sync via bluetooth to my MacBook Pro took a LOOOONNNNGGGG time. It was probably about an hour. I would set it and then leave it. Watching it will drive you nuts :-)
    oh no, it took well over an hour. more like 3, before i did the soft reset.

it got hung up on one particular program, mentioned above. when i synched again, no problems at all.

now, if only my power vision would kick in. i got a good laugh yesterday after talking to a Sprint rep and she signed off with "Sprint - where we solve your problems in one phone call."

left a few zeros off that "one", honey...