1.    #1  
    I'm currently in the market for a handsfree headset for my Treo 750. I'm a locksmith, and most of the day I'm out driving in my van or working with my hands. In either case it makes it difficult to hold a phone. I went to the local Best Buy to look at headsets and before I could even explain my situation the guy had me looking at a $125 Plantronics item.

I understand sometimes in order to get more you need to pay more, but after asking the salesperson a couple of questions I had him stumbling over what he told me. He informed me that average talk time was 3 hours on most units. Then the second one I looked at had over double that. He looked about as confused as I felt. Can someone in some type of service industry please lend some insight? Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    If you're looking for a bluetooth headset, I'd suggest the www.jawbone.com. It's the first one that does really good noise cancellation that I can recommend. You might also consider the gennum nx5500 (or 6000, which comes out soon). The jawbone is about $120, but is worth it, in my opinion.

Lots of reviews worth looking at: http://blog.treonauts.com/hw_bt_headsets/index.html

Or, similarly, on this site:
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/P...detail-100.htm

Andy
    Is that response above mine completely spam? It is off topic and self-servingly commercial.
    Think so. It has been added to just about all Bluetooth threads.

EDIT: Not anymore. The offending message has been deleted because it was.
    Last edited by johncc; 05/23/2007 at 06:58 AM.
    i went to the jawbone website..above, and ran the demo movie. DOES IT REALLY WORK THAT WELL???

what retail stores carry them? no cing stores have them. Best Buy & Circuity City does not list on website
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c View Post
    i went to the jawbone website..above, and ran the demo movie. DOES IT REALLY WORK THAT WELL???

what retail stores carry them? no cing stores have them. Best Buy & Circuity City does not list on website
    I have had my Jawbone for the last 4 months and I love it! It does work similiarly well, as I have had success talking in a sports bar and with the Radio up normal in my car! Now, it doesnt silence ALL types of noises, but if you will be working around loud ambient noise (like Mattism78), then I recommend it. I have had no problems with it unpairing as random as others. That doesnt mean it doesnt, but it is very infrequent for me (once every 14-20 days). I use a Jabra eargel to boost the volume, as the Treo's BT leaves much to be desired! I get about 3-4.5 hours of talk time between charges (may be more if it was continuous, but I never talk that long), so its a good solid unit for me.

If you dont need to hold convo's in loud environments, then cheaper solutions will do
  7.    #7  
    I purchased a Jawbone this past week. I picked it up at my local Cingular store. I found it to be too big, and no matter what combonation I used of earhooks, and earbuds I couldn't get a fit that I liked. I wear glasses all the time so I don't like the extra pressure on the back of my ear. I returned it and picked up a Motorolla H700 today. So far I like it, it just fits pretty loosely so we'll see how that goes. The motorolla had pretty good reviews (behind the Jawbone).

I'm not knocking the Jawbone at all. It just wasn't for me.
    none of the cing stores have them here, Raleigh, NC. I want one but dont want to order it on-line in case i dont like it. any other Brick and mortar stores carry them. per the website none do.
    So far, only the Cingular (AT&T) stores have them.
    just got one today at Best Buy
  11.    #11  
    It's been almost a month since I've had my Motorolla headset. I absolutely LOVE IT. It's small, and light enough that I can wear it all day with my glasses, and it doesn't fatigue my ears at all. Sure the jawbone might have been rated higher by some people but my Motorolla has best bang for buck by me.

Good luck on finding a car charger for the Jawbone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattism78 View Post
    It's been almost a month since I've had my Motorolla headset. I absolutely LOVE IT. It's small, and light enough that I can wear it all day with my glasses, and it doesn't fatigue my ears at all. Sure the jawbone might have been rated higher by some people but my Motorolla has best bang for buck by me.

Good luck on finding a car charger for the Jawbone.
    the wonderful thing about jawbone is it ultimately uses usb so i picked up something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/For-Microsoft-Zu...QQcmdZViewItem

dirt cheap and it works great! has many other uses too. I love the usb standard. Would it have been better to have mini usb like motorola products? yes, but it still works out just fine!
    Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 650 (Sprint) > PPC-6600 (Sprint) >Treo 650 (Sprint) > PPC-6700 (Sprint) > Treo 650 (sprint) > Treo 700w (Verizon) > Treo 700p (Sprint) > Motorola Q (Verizon) > Treo 700w (Verizon) > XV6700 (Verizon) > Treo 700p (Sprint) > Treo 700wx > Blackberry 8703e > Dash > HTC 3125 > Treo 700wx > Motorola Q > HTC Hermes 8525 > Blackberry 8800 > Blackberry Curve > Treo 750 > Ubiquio 503g > Iphone > Wing > TyTn II > Q9 Global > Tilt > Ubiquio 503g