1.    #1  
    I have a treo 650, just started restarting yesterday. Thought I just needed to reset but the more I play with it that doesn't seem to be the case. If I just push lightly on the back of the phone (battery door) the phone resets. Looks like the battery is making contact although the battery is swelling some. If the door is open, I barely have to touch the battery and it resets, will also reset when phone is bumped. Could it be a bad battery? I'm hoping it's not a bad connection in the internal circuitry. Any help would be appreciated, I really depend on my phone for business. Thanks!
    you know, i have been having the same exact problem. it's gotten so unreliable that i had to go back to my crappy nokia. i love my treo so i hope i just have to replace the battery and not have to repair the circuitry. i'm going to go to some repair places soon. if they come up with a solution, i'll be sure and post something here.
  3.    #3  
    I have a battery on order but I have a suspicion that it's the phone and the problem is aggravated by the swollen battery. I think I'm going to buy a used Treo on ebay just in case, if it's only my battery, I can resell the one I bought. I will post when I get a solution.
    If the battery is visibly swollen, why would you think it's a hardware problem?
  5.    #5  
    It just didn't seem like the battery, the back of the phone was very sensitive to the touch. The phone was in my pocket when I was working on my lawn tractor, I think the slightly swollen battery put pressure on the phone/circuitry causing the damage. I have since tried a new battery, and no luck. New phone is on the way.
    I have the same symptoms: squeezing the case or pushing on the battery causes it to restart, and the battery appears swollen or bulging.

I've had this battery for almost 2 years. Swelling doesn't sound like the result of normal wear and tear, but I doubt it's covered under warranty. Any chance that I could get Palm or Sprint to fix it?
    Do you have insurance with Sprint?
    No, I don't have insurance from Sprint. I ended up buying a new battery on Amazon for $10 (wow).

I put the new battery in and let it charge. The phone is still sensitive to pressure on the battery cover and the new battery may be swollen too. I think it's the phone that's busted, and it's ruined two batteries now.
    I took it in to be repaired and they replaced the system board (Tier 3, $55). They didn't say what was wrong with it, but it works now, even with the original battery.
    My treo just recently started having this problem too. It was out of commision for 2 weeks due to a loose display cable and corrupt keyboard. 80 dollars later now my phone is starting to restart. The battery doesn't look swollen or anything and its not case sensitive, just decides to turn on and off. And i dotn get some of my phone calls I randomly just get voicemails. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Homewrecker View Post
    My treo just recently started having this problem too. It was out of commision for 2 weeks due to a loose display cable and corrupt keyboard. 80 dollars later now my phone is starting to restart. The battery doesn't look swollen or anything and its not case sensitive, just decides to turn on and off. And i dotn get some of my phone calls I randomly just get voicemails. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Doesn't sound like the same problem. If it's a new symptom after being repaired, it could've been caused by the repair. Repairs usually use used parts -- for instance, the replacement system board I got came from a phone with a busted screen that the repair center had lying around. Take it back and insist that they fix it again, for free.
    I love my fone, I dont want to get rid of it, if I talk for more than 10 mins, reboot, if I try to download mail, when I check my callrec, when i play music, it just reboots, the worst ones are when i plug in or out the re-charge cable, its annoying. Any suggestions???