1.    #1  
    I got a treo 700p for the sprint network. I have a friend that works for verizon that will activate the esn on their network. What I want to do though is basically have the software from the phone whipped out, and put the verizon software on. Is this possible, if I have to pay for this, where do I go?

thanks!
    Not at this time
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Not at this time
    anytime soon? Will this may 28th update give me the availability to do so, or should I just sell it. The thing is in perfect condition, so I am sure I can get a good price for it.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Did you switch carriers? Or did you find the phone?
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Neither Sprint no Verizon will activate another companies ESN on their network. When they type in the ESN it will show up as Sprint.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Hmmm...well that can't be completely true. For that last two years I have been using a "Sprint" Treo 650 on the Verizon network. Now, I started using it way back in May of '05 when Sprint sold the 650 for a ton cheaper than Verizon did.

I never quite knew how it worked (bought on Ebay), but it was a Sprint labelled phone on the outside, but all the software was for Verizon and used my Verizon number.

When I activated it, my number didn't show up at all, so I had to tell them it was a really old phone (some old Kyocera model). They just manually typed the info in.

The problem being that it had to be a non-digital phone. Now that the networks have gone all digital, these old phones don't work. I doubt the old work around is still legit.

Now, I couldn't use DATA, but the phone part worked beatifully. I loved it and never had any issues. I just finally decided to upgrade and go to SERO.

Not sure if this helps, but I just wanted to let you know that it WAS possible at one time.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    verizon used to activate non verizon esn's. They stopped a while back.
    The first post says his friend will do it. However if and until we can flash the rom you wont get the software on it.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Did you switch carriers? Or did you find the phone?

My friend switched to gsm, and gave me this phone for free.