1.    #1  
    I'm buying a Brando screen protector for a 755p and it offers the 680/750 (which is my guess) or the 700p sizes. I thought the screens would have pretty much the same physical dimensions given that the length and width are listed as the same on Palm's site. So, I was confused by the fact that there is a different protector for the 680/750. Can anyone confirm which screen protector they find fits best? I'm eager to order today! Thanks in advance for any assist.
    I'm using the Palm Universal screen protector. This is the one that you cut to fit. You get one free in the box with your 755P. It took me about three tries to get it right but it works just great. I think that all Treos are the same size.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    On a related note, can anyone recommend a good screen protector that is CLEAR?

I got a set that fit fine, but they have a sparkly 'tint' that lessens the screen quality. If I didn't carry the phone around in my pocket, I'd probably just go bare, but...
    Boxwave Crystal clear is the monster cable of screen protectors.

Al
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Boxwave Crystal clear is the monster cable of screen protectors.

Al
    So it's way overpriced and the same performance as the cheapo stuff you find at Radio Shack?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbett View Post
    So it's way overpriced and the same performance as the cheapo stuff you find at Radio Shack?
    Funny guy... I think 12 bucks for a screen protector is a bit high, but it is the best you can get if that is what you are looking for. You can also get those cheap ones that put glue on your screen and make it tough to read.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by dbett View Post
    On a related note, can anyone recommend a good screen protector that is CLEAR?

I got a set that fit fine, but they have a sparkly 'tint' that lessens the screen quality. If I didn't carry the phone around in my pocket, I'd probably just go bare, but...
    The Palm Universal screen protector is perfectly clear. It does not reduce glar but it looks great and it's cheap.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pokada View Post
    The Palm Universal screen protector is perfectly clear. It does not reduce glar but it looks great and it's cheap.
    I hate having to cut it though.

I ended up ordering some of the Brando ones. They look like they'll do the trick. And the nice thing is that since they are washable, I don't have to worry if I get some dust on the backside during installation.
    The washable thing is just BS, I bet you can't use it, wash it and reuse it again without see all the bubbles and lint underneath.

Al
    The washable thing is just BS, I bet you can't use it, wash it and reuse it again without see all the bubbles and lint underneath.

Al
    I agree with Treolo. I tried to wash my Boxwave protector but the results were far from satisfactory. At 3 protectors for around $25, you really can't afford to mess around too much. At least the Palm ones are cheap enough that you don't mind starting over again.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    I agree with the original poster that Brando is the BEST screen protector ever. And can we answer the OP's question? I would like to know as well, since I'm thinking of ordering a 755p REAL soon!!! can't wait!
    I use the ones here that are 12 for $3.99 plus the shipping. Haven't tried the one that's $4.49 plus shipping (ends up less expensive). One lasts months.

http://search.ebay.com/12-SCREEN-PRO...fclZ3QQfrppZ50
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    You'd be wrong. The Brando's are very washable and so long as you either air dry it or dry it with a lint-free cloth, they're as good as new. I bought one originally for my 600, then when I had to have the phone replaced (twice I might add), I simply removed the Brando, stuck it to the back of my license, then took it home, washed it, and re-used it with my replacement 600's. I even transferred it to my 700p without problem. I wound up buying another Brando, not because the first one gave out, but because I wanted to try out the Ultra Clear version (which is what I currently use on my 700p). I'm such a fan of the Brando that I've even bought the Brando for my Archos AV300 player.

Al
    martin fields hands down...
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Brando Ultra Clear > Martin Fields