1.    #1  
    Anyone done any custom ROMs for the 755? They seem to pack more and more crap on these phones. If you have done one what tools did you use? Is there a file list somewhere that would apply to the 755?

Thanks in advance!
    I want to know this too, I got mine on the way.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I don't think we will be seeing custom roms soon. As I understand it, we would first need a Rom update. I believe the reason palm has waited so long to release a Rom update for phones is because of the all Rom changes people did on the 650. Lets face it palm hasn't released any rom updates since the 650. I think they are going to wait till each phone is at the end of their life cycle before they release any ROM updates.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    I don't think we will be seeing custom roms soon. As I understand it, we would first need a Rom update. I believe the reason palm has waited so long to release a Rom update for phones is because of the all Rom changes people did on the 650. Lets face it palm hasn't released any rom updates since the 650. I think they are going to wait till each phone is at the end of their life cycle before they release any ROM updates.
    That's based off of lousy one phone. The 680 wasn't much different than the 650, so the need for a major MR is negligible. All others have been WM phones. It's hard to establish a pattern based on what we've seen with just the 700p's failures. I'll bet that they've done extensive testing with the 755p to ensure that it's not going to need a major MR like the 700p, and at the same time they've been pouring resources into the Linux OS for the past year or two, which has slowed progress on the 700p MR (take a look at what happened with Apple, Mac OS X Leopard, and the iPhone).
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright