View Poll Results: What will you do when the Maintenance Release (MR) is available?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mine is very buggy and I will update ASAP

    30 18.63%
  • Mine is a little buggy and I will update ASAP

    50 31.06%
  • Mine is a not buggy at all but I will update ASAP

    17 10.56%
  • Mine is very buggy and I will wait to see if others are having problems before updaing

    7 4.35%
  • Mine is a little buggy and I will wait to see if others are having problems before updating

    37 22.98%
  • Mine is not buggy and I will wait to see if others are having problems before updaing

    16 9.94%
  • Mine is not buggy and I will probably do nothing (why take a risk?)

    1 0.62%
  • The MR will never come. Palm is sticking it to us! Let's have a protest!

    3 1.86%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
  1. haroldo's Avatar
    Posts
    435 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
       #1  
    For the benefit of the forum visitors (including the lurkers out there), it might be a good idea to see how the community will act when (not if, so please hold the snide remarks and Palm bashing) the Maintenance Release (MR) update is available. The tentative date is the week of May 28.
    Thanks!
  2. #2  
    I will update right away. Any update is better than what I have now. And if I brick the unit, I'll get a brand new one, and keep getting new ones until they give me a Blackberry.
  3. #3  
    i've waited so long that at point a few extra days wouldn't hurt.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

    http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
  4. #4  
    I will guinea pig my wife's 700p immediately, give it a week, and then if the update is solid I will apply it to my 700p. If she objects to my plan, I will do it while she sleeps. She has to sleep eventually. Resistance is futile...
  5. #5  
    Personally, it depends on when in the week the update is released, I'll probably update the weekend after.
  6. haroldo's Avatar
    Posts
    435 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider View Post
    ... If she objects to my plan, I will do it while she sleeps. She has to sleep eventually. Resistance is futile...
    LOL!
  7. amell's Avatar
    Posts
    205 Posts
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    #7  
    I'll wait until the post-update horror stories on this forum die down, then will cross my fingers and do it...
  8. #8  
    As long as it doesn't screw up my tethering it to a laptop (and cause any other major problems) I'm in.


    Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
  9. #9  
    Count me in...
    at&t iPhone3G
  10. #10  
    I will update right away. If it breaks anything, I'll give it to my wife an go get a 755P.
  11. #11  
    The MR has already been out...on the 755...and it seems to work. So I'm confident that when it is released to us it will be fine--certainly no worse than what we have now. I'll do a backup, of course, but beyond that, I think that with a year in the making, this MR will not cause any significant problems and will likely make most of us happier.

    I guess on second thought, I will maybe wait a day just to make sure someone at Palm (or in my case, VZW) didn't really screw something up at the last second that would brick the phone. While I'm confident in the fixes, I suppose there could always be some kind of installation bug that slipped through the cracks.
  12. #12  
    I have had no bad experiences with updates, so when it becomes available I will update.
    Ben
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider View Post
    I will guinea pig my wife's 700p immediately, give it a week, and then if the update is solid I will apply it to my 700p. If she objects to my plan, I will do it while she sleeps. She has to sleep eventually. Resistance is futile...
    keep in mind she may have the same idea you do. you my friend also have to sleep.

    im not sayin nothin... im just sayin...

    hahaha!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  14. #14  
    Not sure, maybe I'll wait a few days.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  15. #15  
    I'll likely do it right away - not because mine's buggy (it's not) - I just can't bear not being on the bleeding edge.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  16. #16  
    I may not do it....mostly because I don't want to have to use Versamail with built-in push...which will mean I have to enter a password everytime I check my Outlook email. Damn IT Nazis....
  17. #17  
    I will wait to read the opinions of others before I try it.

    Mine isn't really having any issues and I'm in no hurry.
  18. MJSgl's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #18  
    I didnt have any probs with the 600 and 650 updates. They seem to be pretty stable once they get past beta (ie, when the treos themselves are first made available.

    Then, again, the 700p has been a somewhat, er, different experience. But, seriously, I cannot imagine it won't work as advertised.

    (So why am I futilely trying to cross my fingers as I type?) :-)
  19. #19  
    Once again, a poll shows that the majority of users are relatively satisfied with their 700P's. With 68 votes, only 13, or 19 percent say their Treo is very buggy.
  20. #20  
    I have no real problems except freezing when the signal goes in and out and inconsistent bluetooth use with SAG. I'm hoping the update will address these issues so I will do it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions