1.    #1  
    Hit the red power key then the center button like you normally do then right away tap the red power key twice. It turns off my keyboard lights then you can hit the center button again to turn the screen lock and the keyboard lights stay off until the screen shuts off and you hit the power button back on.

Just a useful thing if it works on others 700p when you say want to watch sling player with the keyboard lights off.
    works the same on my treo... not sure what i would use it for tho...
    Need information on Real Estate, Please contact me!!!
    www.TheMMTeam.com
    I guess you could use this setting for movie playback.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Hit the red power key then the center button like you normally do then right away tap the red power key twice. It turns off my keyboard lights then you can hit the center button again to turn the screen lock and the keyboard lights stay off until the screen shuts off and you hit the power button back on.

Just a useful thing if it works on others 700p when you say want to watch sling player with the keyboard lights off.
    What treo are you using? I can't get this work on my Sprint treo 700p.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Nor me (Sprint 700p).
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    haha this is great... the screen is bright enough with the battery drain... thanks!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I can't get this to work on my Verizon 700P either.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Perhaps this is a function of the 755? I wonder which app does this????
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Works for me...Sprint Treo 700p-though I noticed that the timing is important. Hit the power switch (2X) immediately after hitting the center button & it should work-though it sometimes takes me a couple tries...
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Ok nevermind, I got this to work on my 700p without having to add 755 rom files. It just is a pain in the *** and not easy to perform.
  11.    #11  
    It works on my sprint 700p, the only thing I have from the 755p is the new updated google maps. But like another poster said its all about the timing if you arnt fast you wont get it.
    I just use KBLights instead.
    Use keyshades - it's free. Keyboard lights defaults to 'off' after reset unlike KBlights (not free).
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    I use keyshades--but do any of you also get the keyboard lights flashing on and off when you're on a long phone call?
    Thats why I took that program off my phone, it was kind of buggy and would do strange things to my phone.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Thats why I took that program off my phone, it was kind of buggy and would do strange things to my phone.
    What phone and what version were you using. This double tap on the build-in is waaaay to awkward.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    What phone and what version were you using. This double tap on the build-in is waaaay to awkward.
    1. I have no clue what version of keyshades I had, I downloaded it from a link someone posted here and tried it for a few months.

2. I have a sprint 700p like everyone else nothing special about it, I did a hard reset 2 weeks ago and have installed the following programs.

cotoGPS
    TomTom 6
    File Z
    Google Maps 1.1.2 from 755p ROM file.
    Missing sync files
    Obfuscate
    Ringo
    Slingplayer
    Snapper (just replaced chatter mail)
    USB Modem
    Where am I
    Volume Care

You have to do it very quick. Power button Center button then hit Power button right away 2x really quick.