1.    #1  
    Big upgrade. Got crappy support over the phone trying to upgrade and sign a new deal. So I call the retention line. Got my old plan renewed and got a new 755p for less than $200. 2 more years under the same old deal is great and not having to pay $400 for the 755p is even better.
    Honest call - kept getting switched to someone who spoke little English and got disconnected twice. The $200 discount was worth my time.....
    I've had my 600P for nearly 4 years now. I'll miss it, but will look forward to activating my 755P.....
    Also looking for a metal case and charging cradle. Is the 755P compatible with the 680/700/750??????? Not too much on eBay for the 755 yet.
    Last edited by treosforfun; 05/20/2007 at 07:57 AM. Reason: added info
    680/750 cases will be compatible with the 755p, 700 cases are hit or miss.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    To date, my favorite phone out of all of them was the Treo 600. I still have one. I'm considering using it again. Treo 600 = stable, fast, works. anything after that is way buggy.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    why wud u ditch EvDO or EDGE for the low speed? low quality camera? no bluetooth? old Palm OS programs? internal battery?

i gotta say, held my 650 to my 680, big difference. 600 to 680, like they arent even brothers!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Simple... the 600 worked, and an upgrade costs lots of money and time. The only outstanding issue with my 600 was the "Network Search" lag and lockup issue, which is solved by putting a brand new battery in it (had to get a new battery once every year). I was afraid to get a 650 or 700 because of all the issues people have had. I hope the 755p wasn't a mistake.

I was able to replace my battery on the 600 just fine, the EVDO is nice, but not the kill all difference. Camera quality? Ha, it's still a phone camera. Bluetooth is almost more pain than it's worth frankly, though I did recently start using a Bluetooth to analog headphone jack device on my 600 that worked well. A friend gave it to me. Otherwise wired head sets work fine.

Mainly, it's the better screen that is the biggest upgrade (and which makes Blazer and EVDO worth using), and the 755p has a faster processor. I upgraded (also after nearly 4 years) because my 600's case was cracking at the screws, the battery needed replacing again, and I messed up the LCD. All fixable issues, but I figured, with 3 issues, time to upgrade.

Oh, BTW, the 755p is very nice! And, so far, no major issues like the T650 and 700 (cross my fingers).
  6.    #6  
    Can't wait to get my 755p in the mail. The 600 has been good to me - replaced once for the 'Network Search'/Lock Up issue. 4 years - time for a new toy. This will be my first time switching palm phones - I'll search the forums later - but how can I transfer contacts etc. I currently use 'Backup Buddy' on my 600. Any other suggestions for changing over once my 755P arrives????
    Picked up a Cradle/car charger/wall charger combo on eBay last night for $9 and a new miniSD card. I'll look around for a metal case. My 600 has a nice case - covers the whole screen and buttons when closed. I can't seem to find one like that for the 680/750/755. Anyone see one of these?
    I've seen the 'Krusell Leather Case' on eBay for $10 - listed as 680/750 - this will work with the 755P right????
    Last edited by treosforfun; 05/20/2007 at 07:51 AM. Reason: added info
    Yeah, I loved my 600 as well, but mine had the touchscreen alignment issue.

The biggest problem with the 600 was the non-standard screen, meaning some OS5 apps didn't work. I wanted to give my old one to my mother, for strictly TomTom use, but apparently TomTom doesn't like a 160x160 screen.

Don't get me wrong, you'll be very happy with the upgrade as well, I love my 700p too (unlike most) and the 755 seems to have fixed any issues (although I am really annoyed about the mini-SD slot).
    I went from a 600 to a 700 and loved EVDO inspite the 700 lag and other related issues, I miss and loved the time I had with my 600.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treosforfun View Post
    Big upgrade. Got crappy support over the phone trying to upgrade and sign a new deal. So I call the retention line. Got my old plan renewed and got a new 755p for less than $200. 2 more years under the same old deal is great and not having to pay $400 for the 755p is even better.
    Honest call - kept getting switched to someone who spoke little English and got disconnected twice. The $200 discount was worth my time.....
    I've had my 600P for nearly 4 years now. I'll miss it, but will look forward to activating my 755P.....
    Also looking for a metal case and charging cradle. Is the 755P compatible with the 680/700/750??????? Not too much on eBay for the 755 yet.
    sounds just like my story. i swapped my 600 for the 755p after numerous "near- buys" on previous models.

arrived over the weekend while i was out of town, so i haven't had a chance to play yet, but i'm geeked big time.

and yea - i ended up with a nice discount - (instant rebate, mail in rebate, customer support credit, sales credit) and paid under 200 for it, so i feel good...

now, i just need to find a good blue tooth headset, and figure out why exactly i need a mini-card, since i never used one before...
    Well, I didn't pay under 200, ended up paying 279 for what its worth. They did wave any activation fee. I have added the following apps, installed from scratch. Snappermail, Splash ID, Splash Photo, MissingSync, Avantgo (to get a couple of things free not available on the web in phone format) All latest versions. I upgraded Ptunes, and went with a new install of Datebook5. I might upgrade to 6, we'll see. OH yeah, I installed TreoMemo also (nice app). Everything is working well and clean. I bought a 1gig sandisk Mini SD card, for 27 bucks at Best Buy. Prolly too much, but I wanted one THEN.

So far, I am suitably impressed. One other item....On Demand (free) is basically the same as Pocket Express, which I payed 6 bucks a month for. I cancelled that, so credit that towards my slightly higher fee for unlimited EVDO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treesham View Post
    now, i just need to find a good blue tooth headset, and figure out why exactly i need a mini-card, since i never used one before...
    A good bluetooth headset is the Jawbone from Aliph. It's not exactly cheap, but it works wonderfully and exactly as advertised.

As for the miniSD card, it will allow you to install more items beyond the current memory limit, and files such as MP3s.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  12.    #12  
    Got my new 755P in the mail today!! Sweet!!
    Now the process begins of installing everything. So far so good.....
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro869 View Post
    To date, my favorite phone out of all of them was the Treo 600. I still have one. I'm considering using it again. Treo 600 = stable, fast, works. anything after that is way buggy.
    Zorro, how am I supposed to sleep at night with your avatar plastered into my memory?!!!!
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    another question - didn't want to start a new thread for it...

i have a couple photos on my computer that i had on my 600 - photos for people in my address book, etc etc. how do i move them to the 755, if at all?

and - one photo on the 600 that is not on my computer that i can find anywhere - i would like on my 755...any ideas?