Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    So I activated my Sprint service finally today, loaded up some program called On Demand. Does anyone know if the only thing it requires is a data connection. Or is there a monthly fee for using the On Demand program?
    No, standard is free. If you want more to it, I believe there is a fee.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Yes, you need a data connection, as it queries the internet for the info. The app comes with services that are free (weather, sports, news) but others require a monthly subscription (Maps, Dictionary, Dear Abby). They will tell you if it requires a subscription!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Wonderful, I am loving my Treo more and more by the hour
    I use Handmark Express on my 650 and I'm wondering if I can get all the extra channels with On Demand? Would the cost be around the same. I subscribe to all the Express channels.
    when i was getting my weather update in OnDemand...got a reset.
    I like OnDemand, even if it's a bit clunky. I set it to update daily at 5:30am but it hasn't worked. Has anyone had success with auto updates?
    Yes, so far it's worked fine. Only bad thing is the screen turns on when it auto-updates. It also takes total control when it updates, so do it when you're not likely to be using the device. I have it updating every day at 4am and weekdays at 4pm.

Because I don't use it often, I could easily just update manually when I wanted to sit back and read the news.

Tom
    free? I thought it was only a trial period.

can someone confirm or deny?
    I have mine set to auto-update twice a day (5am & 5pm) and I have no problems!

Weather, News, Movies, Sports, & Market News are all free. Other channels require a subscription.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    free? I thought it was only a trial period.

can someone confirm or deny?
    Sprint Power Vision Ultimate Pack includes:

- On Demand - Set and then receive customized, up-to-date information on sports, weather, news, money, and movies.

I'm not sure if is the same with all Power Vision packages.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Most of the apps IN On Demand are free. I love this program, LOVE it.

Specially if I just want to know the score of a game real quick or, the weather. LOVE it.

Just found out the other day that I can look up movie times, also check out my local TV listings including cable.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    how do you get the on Demand application? TIA

Treo 755p.
    skasol it came on my phone pre-installed. You have to have at least the basic data plan to use it.
    weird, I don't have it is it call "on demand"? well thank you anyways, I have unlimited data access.

Treo 755p.
    Yes it is called ON Demand. The Icon for it is a round white circle kind of like the Google Maps icon. Look in your various Palm folders like all, main, multimedia. It should also show on your all screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by skasol View Post
    weird, I don't have it is it call "on demand"? well thank you anyways, I have unlimited data access.
    If you have a 650, it did not come installed. It is basically the same as Handmark's Express.
    I installed Express(Pocket Express)and it took over On Demand, even the icon disappeared. Yes I know, its all the same...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    mine still does not update, even if i've set it to help!
    I apologize, I found it under one of the pages, why wouldn't it show under all? weird I am updating now, thank you for your help.

Treo 755p.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast