1.    #1  
    Just picked up the Treo 755p today, upgrading from my Treo 650.

I'm very disappointed to find that when I installed Sprint Business Connect, I got a message saying this was not a supported device, so some features won't work. As I started to mess around with it, important features such as the touchscreen don't work... thus, making it impossible to get the "send" button to highlight to send an email. So, apparently, I'm going to be able to read emails and calendar entries from my Outlook at work, but not actually create anything new.

For those of you unfamiliar with Biz Connect, here's the beauty of it: You don't need your company's IT department to do anything on the server... it's a standalone program you put on whatever desktop you want to hook up with, and then as long as you leave your desktop on when you leave work, you'll receive work emails and can see your outlook calendar entries from your treo. I work in a school system where the IT department refuses to invest the time to install anything like "Good," so that's not an option.

Here's what I'm asking the collective wisdom of you fine folks - now that you see what I need to do... I need a program that I can install on my work computer to relay my Outlook emails/calendar entries... do you know of any program out there that does this?

(by the way, it sure would have been helpful if the salesperson at the Sprint store knew about this... I pay $10 a month or so for Biz. Connect)

Thanks for your help, amigos.
    You can try using Versamail for your Outlook email....and if you can set it up, it will sync overair with your calendar. I used BizConnect on a previous device; Versamail works as well if not better. However, it doesn't allow you to download files from your work server as Biz Connect does.
    To use Versamail, your IT department will have to setup Active Sync and let you know the server address.

That's a bummer, I was thinking of upgrading to the 755 from my 650 but I rely on BizConnect highly.
  4.    #4  
    Well, John, if it's any consolation, so far Biz Connect seems fairly functional on the 755, even though it'll give you a warning message about this being an unsupported device. In my original post, when I said the touch screen wouldn't work, it appeared to be a separate problem that just coincidentally started happening when I was using Biz Connect - the stylus/screen needed me to do that realignment target practice thing.

However, I'm now running into the same problem with the 755 I did with the 650 for the last couple of months - I can see my emails, but when I repy, it looks like it's been sent... and then it doesn't actually happen until the next morning when I hotsync with my work computer that is my little mini "server" for biz connect. Odd...

I'm still hoping someone can find a good workaround for biz connect, though, as $10 a month is a little pricey... I don't mind one time fees, but monthly fees irritate me.

With Versamail and "push", your IT dept. has to get involved, and that's what I'm not able to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by enchilada88 View Post
    Well, John, if it's any consolation, so far Biz Connect seems fairly functional on the 755, even though it'll give you a warning message about this being an unsupported device. In my original post, when I said the touch screen wouldn't work, it appeared to be a separate problem that just coincidentally started happening when I was using Biz Connect - the stylus/screen needed me to do that realignment target practice thing.

However, I'm now running into the same problem with the 755 I did with the 650 for the last couple of months - I can see my emails, but when I repy, it looks like it's been sent... and then it doesn't actually happen until the next morning when I hotsync with my work computer that is my little mini "server" for biz connect. Odd...

I'm still hoping someone can find a good workaround for biz connect, though, as $10 a month is a little pricey... I don't mind one time fees, but monthly fees irritate me.

With Versamail and "push", your IT dept. has to get involved, and that's what I'm not able to do.
    Thanks, I feel a little better now.

I have a few people with 650's that have the same problem your describing. i have not been able to find a resolution except I have told them to create a "new" email instead of replying and that seems to work just fine. It's not a real solution but at least they are able to communicate with someone that sent them an email.
  6.    #6  
    I've actually found that whether it's new or a reply, it waits for a hotsync to send... my co-worker with a 700p and Biz Connect has the same issue.