Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Anyone else experiencing a delay when using Snapper Mail? Whenever I select a message or Send/Fetch, there is a one or two second delay before actually doing anything. This is the third phone I've used it on (Samsung i500, Treo 650 & now 755p). Both of the previous phones were immediate response.

I am using an old version of Snapper (version 1.8.1.01).
    I'm getting delays...some longer than that. Also, just like on my 700p, autofetch doesn't work. I downloaded the trial deluxe version and it worked, but it disabled the keyguard when it fetched.
    I'm using v2.3.7.01 on my Sprint Treo 700p.
    I have not problem with autofetch and my fetches when the keyguard is engaged.
    But there is a slight delay when clicking on an email.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Mine disabled the keyguard to fetch. Problem was it did not re-enable it after.

For now, I'm using Versamail. The only thing I really miss about Snapper is the Trash/Junk Feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser View Post
    Mine disabled the keyguard to fetch. Problem was it did not re-enable it after.

For now, I'm using Versamail. The only thing I really miss about Snapper is the Trash/Junk Feature.
    I love the Junk Feature.
    KeyGuard/AutoFetch clarification - while keyguard is engaged, it will attempt to get messages. If there are no messages, the screen goes dark and the keyguard is engaged. If there are messages, the screen stays lighted for 2 mins (which I set) and during those 2 mins the keyguard is not engaged. Then of course after the 2 mins the screen goes dark and the keyguard is again enaged.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    What specific type/time of delay?

It's got to take SOME time to connect and download. Works pretty spiffy for me. I press mail and it connects and downloads. Faster than any other phone I've had. Are you doing pop3? I check 6 emails in the space of 10 seconds. My 655 would take about 20 seconds.
    I've looked at the Snapper FAQ and the Forum and the autofetch seems be a very common problem. Strange.

With the 700p, I justed got used to checking mail manually. Not a big deal.

What I'm trying now that seems to be a good workaround is this. I've got versamail to autosync and it only downloads subject only. So when it alerts me of new mails, I just use Snappermail to download it. With the One Touch Send and Fetch Feature, it's a "snap".
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Okay, here's a question for people using Snapper Mail. Is there a way to filter email messages? From my server, if something is spam, it appends "[SPAM]" to my subject line and I want to be able to filter that into the trash.

Thanks.