Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Iambic has announced that Agendus V12 will soon be available for preview. If you want to be notified you'll need to subscribe to the thread.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    ie: The next abandoned version, v11, coming soon!
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    ie: The next abandoned version, v11, coming soon!
    Yeah I abandoned them because of there upgrade policy.
    JW
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Wow, what a treat. Paying ANOTHER $10 for a beta that's going to be around until fall when they charge you ANOTHER $10 for v13. No thanks.
    Yep, sounds like another DTG type of company. Ben
    I had been an Agendus user since the Action Names days but it was just too slow on my 680 (loading and screen to screen) with all sorts of features that I didn't use or need. Switched to DateBk6 and am quite satisfied.

I won't be trying this one out.

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbd View Post
    I had been an Agendus user since the Action Names days but it was just too slow on my 680 (loading and screen to screen) with all sorts of features that I didn't use or need. Switched to DateBk6 and am quite satisfied.

I won't be trying this one out.

Bob
    Consider using Agendus V9.06: it's stable, not too bloated, doesn't have some of the 'silly' features of recent versions, and loads quite quickly...
    Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    Consider using Agendus V9.06: it's stable, not too bloated, doesn't have some of the 'silly' features of recent versions, and loads quite quickly...
    I thought about going back, but I wanted something that was supported and that would be kept up to date with new hardware where needed. I suppose if it turned out that I didn't like DateBk6, I would have tried going back.

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
  9. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I have always had mixed feelings about Agendus / Iambic, but I just can't go back to Datebk. It was great for a time, but it still feels like the same app it was five years ago. I switched to Agendus when I tried the v. 9 beta, and although I try DB6 every now and then, I have gotten too accustomed to the features of Agendus.

I'll be doing the beta as always. I'm interested to see what the new features are. Too often they concentrate on new features that are tangential to the purpose of the app, instead of making the core features better. And forget seeing anything improve in a point release. If it's not a glaring bug, you're paying $10 for it.
    Im actually looking forward to it. Im a huge fan of Agendus v10
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by PSM View Post
    I have always had mixed feelings about Agendus / Iambic, but I just can't go back to Datebk. It was great for a time, but it still feels like the same app it was five years ago. I switched to Agendus when I tried the v. 9 beta, and although I try DB6 every now and then, I have gotten too accustomed to the features of Agendus.

I'll be doing the beta as always. I'm interested to see what the new features are. Too often they concentrate on new features that are tangential to the purpose of the app, instead of making the core features better. And forget seeing anything improve in a point release. If it's not a glaring bug, you're paying $10 for it.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    You have mixed feelings, they keep having your money.
    Some of these companies are worse then Microsoft.
    And that s bad.

They are abusive to there customer base.
    I have decided a bit ago that I would only try to deal with companies that offer free upgrades and only pay every few years for a NEW version if and only if I switch OS's, units.
    JW
  13.    #13  
    Beta is now out - and the features list follow the link above to see.
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Beta-ing it right now. Looks pretty good. One of my suggestions to keep it from crashin g on startup(this has been a known issue) is to uninstall previous versions; then de-activate any alarms that might be present in the native PIM, then install Agendus. Solved many a-headache...
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Ooooh I love it already. Have just been playing with the Tasks and already it has 2 new features that I love, Matrix view support and the ability to select only Undated tasks.
    So much more to discover...
    Where is the link?
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Where is the link?
    Sheesh, he said first post........
  18. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    The more Agendus updates, the more I realize that the advanced features of calendars are of very little use to me, or else I'm not taking advantage of all I could be. I must have read a hundred update notes for this beta before I found one that interested me at all -- the thing where it learns what field you want to be put in when you start an appointment. I haven't done enough with it to see how well it works, but I like the idea.

I think maybe it's just that I don't work in an office, I don't sync with an Exchange server, the people I work with are not using the same type of technology as me, and at least right now I don't have a job that requires many trips, or across time zones. Perhaps I need to make a connection between concepts like "meetings" and "clients" and figure out what they represent in my world, and that will help my productivity, but I feel like I only use the most basic types of calendar functions because everything else is too specific for a different type of business.

I'm depressed -- I'm a power user with a huge app that I only use maybe 15% of.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Where is the link?
    http://support.iambic.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61
    Moose Man
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I tried downloadning this and it will not let me. Any advice????? I sent a PM to someone on the iambic forums, but no answer yet. (yes, I did register)

Robe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast