1.    #1  
    So I bought a 755p- By accident.

I never buy a palm product anymore because I've learned to wait a year. Luckily, the 755p appears to be a 700p that works.

I've been using Treo's before there were Treo's. I still have a Handpring Visor with a Sprint Springboard attachment. The phone is huge. Guess what though- it works better than anything since.

I've had a treo 270, 300, 600, 650, and now 755p.

My 655 had over 200 programs working on it. I VPN to my home desktop, Check Email, surf the net, play games- you name it. The real reason I have a Palm product is because my job requires a certain calculation, and I'm using a program from the days before palms could even think about being a phone. It still works, and I still need it. So I will always have a palm in my pocket.

I've had this thing for 3 days now, here are my initial thoughts:

Happy Stuff

Seems fast.
    Seems non-laggy.
    Might be the easiest, most bug-free, seamless install and contact transfer since the Treo 300.
    All my stuff transferred fine.
    The phone sounds great on both ends.
    EVDO is screaming fast (I'm in San Diego).
    I went to Shoutcast and pressed a "tune-in" button and wham- I heard streaming music. I read somewhere you can't do this with a stock 755p. Hah! A problem that doesn't work- that's a new one!

So far most everything seems good. I almost can't believe it.

I haven't tested tethered mode yet. I'm a little worried about replacing PDANET or DUN hack with Sprint software. We won't even talk about the mac sides of things (Yes i have both). More testing needed here.

Some problems I noticed:

As usual built-in program fails, 3rd party works.

Example #1: I get an email from someone with Jpg's attached. I'm using Snappermail ( I deleted Versamail from Rom on my 650). So I go to open it. Since I haven't installed Splashphoto, I choose the only option- open using pictures and videos. Crash. Splat. Pull Battery. I then install Splashphoto. Try again. Whammo- picture loads right up. Of course it does.

Example #2: I installed Toccer to try out IM'ing. Installed, logged in. Everything went fine. Ok- let's check out the built in IM app. Splat. Bang. Hang. Crash. Pull battery. I can get MSN to work but AOL crashes every time.

I find this the usual case with built in software. Palm bundled crashes, 3rd party works. I like people who blame crashes on 3rd party apps. It has been my experience to ONLY trust 3rd party apps. They are the only ones apparently tested and work. Again, this comes from experience. I like Palm blaming 3rd party apps- and then stating on it's marketing that it can run 30,000 programs. Where do you think those programs come from? Anyway Rant/off.

Another weird issue: When I end a call from a number my contact list doesn't know it gives me the option to add it. When I go to add it I am taken to the Find contact screen and my contact is lost. Not sure if i'm crazy or this is a bug. More testing.

Mini-SD. What the heck? I was running a 4gb SD just fine and now they change it? You know how hard it is to buy one of these? Guess my 200 programs will have to wait (zlauncher + load to card). Oh yeah. The cover for the Mini-sd looks like it's held together by tape. Or Snot. A blight on an otherwise sleek phone.

Replaced Hang up power off button where menu button used to be. This has got to be the dumbest move ever. How many weeks will it take to unlearn- and relearn. Sorry to everyone I hang up on.

Removed reset button. What? Are you kidding? Sounds like wishful thinking to me. I got my Treo 650 running pretty stable. Guess what? That still meant drilling a hole through my battery cover and case so I could reset without opening anything. Add that one to the "You know you have a poorly designed phone when..." list. Now what? Now I HAVE to open my battery door every now and then. *sigh*

Sprint TV is alright, fairly "fast", I bet Slingbox would be cool. I still cant get over watching things on a 2 inch screen at 15fps. I make movies for a living so I'm used to a bit bigger. I will never solve this.

Anyway, that's about it for now. When I get my 4gb card and start really bogging down my system we will see how the lag goes. So far I'm fairly impressed, and that doesn't come easy for me.

*crossing fingers I don't find anything bad*
    Nice post. Almost made me want a 755p too. But, I'll wait for the next one (800 or 900?)
    I am awaiting for some true innovation from whatever it may be in a three digit calling(i.e. 800,900,) maybe even dip into the four digits before they get it worthy of upgraqding for me.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro869 View Post
    So I bought a 755p- By accident.

I never buy a palm product anymore because I've learned to wait a year. Luckily, the 755p appears to be a 700p that works.

I've been using Treo's before there were Treo's. I still have a Handpring Visor with a Sprint Springboard attachment. The phone is huge. Guess what though- it works better than anything since.

I've had a treo 270, 300, 600, 650, and now 755p.

My 655 had over 200 programs working on it. I VPN to my home desktop, Check Email, surf the net, play games- you name it. The real reason I have a Palm product is because my job requires a certain calculation, and I'm using a program from the days before palms could even think about being a phone. It still works, and I still need it. So I will always have a palm in my pocket.

I've had this thing for 3 days now, here are my initial thoughts:

Happy Stuff

Seems fast.
    Seems non-laggy.
    Might be the easiest, most bug-free, seamless install and contact transfer since the Treo 300.
    All my stuff transferred fine.
    The phone sounds great on both ends.
    EVDO is screaming fast (I'm in San Diego).
    I went to Shoutcast and pressed a "tune-in" button and wham- I heard streaming music. I read somewhere you can't do this with a stock 755p. Hah! A problem that doesn't work- that's a new one!

So far most everything seems good. I almost can't believe it.

I haven't tested tethered mode yet. I'm a little worried about replacing PDANET or DUN hack with Sprint software. We won't even talk about the mac sides of things (Yes i have both). More testing needed here.

Some problems I noticed:

As usual built-in program fails, 3rd party works.

Example #1: I get an email from someone with Jpg's attached. I'm using Snappermail ( I deleted Versamail from Rom on my 650). So I go to open it. Since I haven't installed Splashphoto, I choose the only option- open using pictures and videos. Crash. Splat. Pull Battery. I then install Splashphoto. Try again. Whammo- picture loads right up. Of course it does.

Example #2: I installed Toccer to try out IM'ing. Installed, logged in. Everything went fine. Ok- let's check out the built in IM app. Splat. Bang. Hang. Crash. Pull battery. I can get MSN to work but AOL crashes every time.

I find this the usual case with built in software. Palm bundled crashes, 3rd party works. I like people who blame crashes on 3rd party apps. It has been my experience to ONLY trust 3rd party apps. They are the only ones apparently tested and work. Again, this comes from experience. I like Palm blaming 3rd party apps- and then stating on it's marketing that it can run 30,000 programs. Where do you think those programs come from? Anyway Rant/off.

Another weird issue: When I end a call from a number my contact list doesn't know it gives me the option to add it. When I go to add it I am taken to the Find contact screen and my contact is lost. Not sure if i'm crazy or this is a bug. More testing.

Mini-SD. What the heck? I was running a 4gb SD just fine and now they change it? You know how hard it is to buy one of these? Guess my 200 programs will have to wait (zlauncher + load to card). Oh yeah. The cover for the Mini-sd looks like it's held together by tape. Or Snot. A blight on an otherwise sleek phone.

Replaced Hang up power off button where menu button used to be. This has got to be the dumbest move ever. How many weeks will it take to unlearn- and relearn. Sorry to everyone I hang up on.

Removed reset button. What? Are you kidding? Sounds like wishful thinking to me. I got my Treo 650 running pretty stable. Guess what? That still meant drilling a hole through my battery cover and case so I could reset without opening anything. Add that one to the "You know you have a poorly designed phone when..." list. Now what? Now I HAVE to open my battery door every now and then. *sigh*

Sprint TV is alright, fairly "fast", I bet Slingbox would be cool. I still cant get over watching things on a 2 inch screen at 15fps. I make movies for a living so I'm used to a bit bigger. I will never solve this.

Anyway, that's about it for now. When I get my 4gb card and start really bogging down my system we will see how the lag goes. So far I'm fairly impressed, and that doesn't come easy for me.

*crossing fingers I don't find anything bad*

I have notice some lag at times. I do not understand it. There was no lag on my 650. Oh well hope Dec comes soon! (if indeed they will give us a new Treo Then?) How bout a Treo as slim as the "Q" Wow with GPS and AD2P. They really need to release a device similar to that to compete with the iphone! Otherwise those of you Treo users who have GSM may jump the ship. I am not impressed by the 6800 (I don't like slide out keyboards, but to each his own, or the Win Moible interface; graphical is nice but slow!)
    I use mReset (free) for doing a soft reset. I set this app as a shortcut on the Phone app for quick access. Much easier than taking out battery!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    My sprint tv does not work well. The picture is so choppy and blurry that I can't watch it at all. The salesperson at the sprint store agreed that it was terrible. He played the same station on his 700p and the picture was fine. I tried 2 different 755p's and had the same problem. I should be in an evdo area. Anybody had the same problem or have any ideas???
    I just don't have any mojo for this thing. I want to see what the treo 800 or 900 looks like.

Among many other things, I'm looking for a brand new os on my next phone.

I'm sure the 755 makes people happy, but my 650 suits me perfectly right now.