Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 122
  1. #101  
    ok, downloaded file from post 73

    emailed to myself, retreived via chattermail, saved to card
    used resco explorer and saved to RAM
    soft reset phone

    after reset, held down home key, received popup, tapped on menu button and received pref popup
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. #102  
    I'm baffled. I tried the one from the ROM in post #1 and I get the same results. Pressing menu only makes the RecentApp list go away and the 'menu' of the app behind the Recent App list open up.

    The only difference is that I've moved the PRC directly to my SD card via a card reader and I've tried using both Z-launcher and FileZ to move the prc to RAM. I'm only being insistant about trying to get this working because I think I'd like to evaluate it against my current set-up which uses Z-launcher's Quicklaunch functionality. But to make this work the way I want, I need to assign the shortcut key to certain apps that I want to stay in the list all the time. Worst case, I'll just go back to Quicklaunch in ZL. Thanks to everyone who's trying to help me figure this out.
  3. #103  
    zlauncher also has a built in recent apps popup with home button (i am not referring to the quicklaunch feature), u have a conflict of programs it looks like

    Disable recent apps popup in zlauncher with this plugin

    pick plugin and select pref, disable them
    Attached Files Attached Files
  4. #104  
    Thanks, I'll try this.... But it doesn't explain why menu didn't bring up the Prefs panel when I installed it earlier after a hard-reset when ZL was not loaded at all.
  5. #105  
    do u have a treo 700p? i think that is the only phone that the pref panel pops up on, doesnt happen on the treo 755

    i cant see why it doesnt work on a hard reset treo, it worked fine on mine with many programs on it

    the menu button u are pressing is the bottom right hand side of keyboard, correct?
  6. #106  
    Yes to both. I have a Sprint 700p since June 2006 (MR Update 1.10 in early May) and I'm using the proper menu button.

    I agree it is completely strange that this does not work for me after a hard-reset. I'm a long-time Treo user (Treo 600 in Nov 2003) and I often shake my head when reading these threads when I see people who claim that something is not working the same as others. Obviously the easy answer all of us have is -- 'there must be a software conflict somewhere.' But every once in a while, this happens... Like I said earlier, the only thing I can imagine is related to the Hardware version (Mine is A / PRL 20227). Again, many thanks for you help in my attempt to troubleshoot.
  7. #107  
    i would bring it in, i am sure u read the threads about all the other issues with the new update on the treo 700p, u can prob get a new phone, maybe even a 755
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    do u have a treo 700p? i think that is the only phone that the pref panel pops up on, doesnt happen on the treo 755

    i cant see why it doesnt work on a hard reset treo, it worked fine on mine with many programs on it

    the menu button u are pressing is the bottom right hand side of keyboard, correct?
    Pops up on both of our 755s
  9. #109  
    All that should be required is to copy the file to RAM, soft reset, then with recentapp showing on screen, press the menu button. Are you doing a soft reset after you copy the file to RAM (havent read that you have been)?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  10. #110  
    I cannot get the recent apps prefs to come up on my 755p. But, what few options there is, doesn't really matter. Just another Palm "Bug".
    Matty
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Are you doing a soft reset after you copy the file to RAM (havent read that you have been)?
    Yes. I should have been more explicit about that part. Thanks for trying. I really just don't have a good explanation other than something to do with HW model and version
  12. #112  
    For those that are not able to get to the pref screen, what you are missing is the ability to assign a particluar key as a shortcut to an application. A really handy feature, if not the most handy, for the recentapps application.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  13. migs's Avatar
    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Yes to both. I have a Sprint 700p since June 2006 (MR Update 1.10 in early May) and I'm using the proper menu button.

    I agree it is completely strange that this does not work for me after a hard-reset. I'm a long-time Treo user (Treo 600 in Nov 2003) and I often shake my head when reading these threads when I see people who claim that something is not working the same as others. Obviously the easy answer all of us have is -- 'there must be a software conflict somewhere.' But every once in a while, this happens... Like I said earlier, the only thing I can imagine is related to the Hardware version (Mine is A / PRL 20227). Again, many thanks for you help in my attempt to troubleshoot.

    Im in the same boat as you, now its become a challenge! I want to figure this out. Its so wierd but as others have noted some app is interfering with the recent apps prefs
  14. adz1966's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    #114  
    This must be a change from the old MR to the new one. I had this working perfectly with 1.08 using the file from the 755P ROM, and with the original MR, 1.10. Now it won't work. Anybody have any suggestions?
  15. #115  
    You don't need the file with the MR. The file is in ROM.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    You don't need the file with the MR. The file is in ROM.
    I can confirm this-- I have a 700p with 1.10 that has the recentapps functionality.

    ** and no prefs
    Last edited by rosalindavenue; 09/19/2007 at 02:33 PM.
  17. #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCJ View Post
    That's Odd!

    My Treo 700p Sprint does the same thing with no 755 ROM additions. The screen shot looks just like mine. I think that this may be a native function.

    Regards,

    Jim
    That's because you are running the MR 1.10
    HP200LX -> Palm Pilot -> Palm III -> Sony PEG-300 -> Sony PEG-N710C -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> (iPhone or Treo 800L or something unexpected)??
  18. camdz's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #118  
    my 700p already does this

    and in response to the guy above. When I got the phone it was 1.08. It did it from day one. I recently upgraded to 1.10 (with no bugs at all I might add), and of course this option is still there.
  19. #119  
    That's strange, because I have this feature on my VERIZON Treo 700p and I never even did this O_O. I've always had this on my 700p!
  20. #120  
    Did your 700 already have the ROM update installed? (this was added by the update)
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions