Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    wonder why the rom version can't have the prefs? I need to have prefs!

Does McPhling still cause some lag. I use it (cuz I need prefs) but maybe I should download the ram version of this one.

???
    Doesn't make much sense to myself either why the 755 version has preferences but the 700 version doesn't. Or Palm goofed on this one somehow and we got a beta/pre release version.

Checked version numbers: The one in ROM is version 2, the one taken from 755 is version 1. Looks like they took a step backwards with the 700 version and removed preferences. The created date & time and file size are exactly the same for both, only the version number is different.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Doesn't make much sense to myself either why the 755 version has preferences but the 700 version doesn't. Or Palm goofed on this one somehow and we got a beta/pre release version.

Checked version numbers: The one in ROM is version 2, the one taken from 755 is version 1. Looks like they took a step backwards with the 700 version and removed preferences. The created date & time and file size are exactly the same for both, only the version number is different.
    NO no its wacko. I use a 755 and I don't have prefs on my 755 rom version. I think you could take the file from the 700p ROM and slap it in RAM and still get the prefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Amelia Island? What's going on there?
    Business trip of sorts....have to upgrade our condo so it will rent and not cost us money. Very painful, glad I got all the software I need.....
    Hi all. I'm usually fairly competent with my 700p and making things work without much help, but I'm having trouble getting the Recent Apps prefs come up.

I now have the prc above installed in RAM (by way of the SD card and copy to RAM with Zlauncher's file manager followed by a soft reset). However, I'm still a no-go when using the menu button to bring up the RecentApps prefs panel. I have Zlauncher and Ludus P installed and I've tried disabling both to be sure they aren't causing conflicts. No help. I also notice that my App Info page reflects 2 RecentApps appliations, both Version 1.0.

Anyone else experience this?
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    I just did it. You hold the home button down and have the recent apps screen show. You hold the menu key down as the recent apps are displayed, and you will have your preferences shown.
    FWIW, Those who got the 1.10 MR get this functionality in the process.
    PDAs:Cassiopeia>PalmIIIXE>N710C>N760C>NX60U>600>650+700p>Centro
    FAV APPS: Zlauncher, NVBackup, U.T.S., TCPMP, PalmFiction, datebk6, 3xcom.
    Treo Repairs; video editing; VHS>DVD...
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneythecamera View Post
    FWIW, Those who got the 1.10 MR get this functionality in the process.
    We know, thanks.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hi all. I'm usually fairly competent with my 700p and making things work without much help, but I'm having trouble getting the Recent Apps prefs come up.

I now have the prc above installed in RAM (by way of the SD card and copy to RAM with Zlauncher's file manager followed by a soft reset). However, I'm still a no-go when using the menu button to bring up the RecentApps prefs panel. I have Zlauncher and Ludus P installed and I've tried disabling both to be sure they aren't causing conflicts. No help. I also notice that my App Info page reflects 2 RecentApps appliations, both Version 1.0.

Anyone else experience this?
    Exact same thing as you, I also have zlauncher installed and no matter what I try, I CANNOT get the recentapps preferences to show up after repeated attempts exactly as stated in the previous posts.
    I can't get the recent apps prefs to come up either. And I have no launchers installed.
    Matty
    Mine works...

I installed the PRC, soft reset, then ran 5-6 apps and now they show up by holding down the menu button for a few seconds.

Ran a few more and the most recent 8 apps show in the list in descending order.
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Just in case it wasn't entirely clear, you need to install the prc file in ram in order to access the prefs menu. Otherwise, you're stuck w/ the defaults, but the app at least works.
    I got the file installed, and now can get the prefs to come up. But, it doesn't recognize any changes I make in the prefs. ????
    Matty
    Neverming, just needed a reset.
    Matty
    I have ZLauncher as well - holding the Menu button won't work, but "Alt + Menu" will do it.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Will the changed preferences stick if you delete the app installed in RAM? Can anyone check please?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    It's only 17k, why sweat it?

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    Got the recent apps function from the 755 to work on a 700p.

I took the following file from the 755p rom and added it to my 700p.
    Put the file on your sd card, then move it over to the internal memory with Filez. Then perform a soft reset.

RecentAppsPhone-rapP.prc

THe link to the thread is here
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=142962
    I installed this as noted but I don't know how to launch it. Any suggestions?
    recap:

the pref panel with the new file in ram

The prefs window says:

"The Recent Applications List is displayed on a long press on the Home key

Then there are two checkboxes with the following two options:

- Activate on Short Press
    - Allow Key Shortcuts
    Last edited by italiangspot; 07/17/2007 at 10:50 AM.
    So with some confirmation that others are having the same problem as I am getting to the RecentApps preferences (after having installed it into RAM via FileZ from my SD card), I just tested it after havind done a hard reset, installing RecentApps to RAM (same way) and then seeing if "menu" during the RecentApps popup would bring up these preferences.... still no go.

The only thing it could be is differences in 700p hardware version or the fact that I'm using the prc file from NachoB's post #73 rather than the one from the 755p ROM. (I'm downloading the ROM zip file now, just to see)
    i havent tried it because the one that comes with treo 700p MR is good enough for me... but from reading thread, it says once u press home button down and receive pop-up, u then need to press menu button and u should get preferences

i will give it a shot and see what happens for ya
    Last edited by italiangspot; 07/17/2007 at 12:41 PM.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast