Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Did you reset the device after you deleted the app? If so it is possible the MR was not fully installed.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    Did you reset the device after you deleted the app? If so it is possible the MR was not fully installed.
    I actually installed the MR twice from SD card and both went w/out a glitch (2nd time I was trying to brick it to maybe get a 755

Anyway, Recent App function works, I just am not able to hit the menu button with Recent App up and get to the preferences screen. Weird.
    It's only a 17k file, so I'll just keep it in RAM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    ^interesting. What preferences aside from # of apps can you change? If it's just that then I won't load it. Thanks.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    The prefs window says:

"The Recent Applications List is displayed on a long press on the Home key

Then there are two checkboxes with the following two options:

- Activate on Short Press
    - Allow Key Shortcuts

Finally there is a place to type in how many recent apps MAX you want to show...

I can guess what the first option does, but the second... no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by lightminute View Post
    The prefs window says:

"The Recent Applications List is displayed on a long press on the Home key

Then there are two checkboxes with the following two options:

- Activate on Short Press
    - Allow Key Shortcuts

Finally there is a place to type in how many recent apps MAX you want to show...

I can guess what the first option does, but the second... no idea.
    Allow Key Shortcuts option allows you to set a shortcut key to an application in the list. Lets say you want to be able to just press E to launch your email from the recent app list. Assuming you've previously launched your email app and it shows up in the recent app list, hightlight it in the list, hold down the Option button and press E. An E should appear next to your email app now. To remove a shortcut you've added, highlight the app in the list, hold down Option button, and press the backspace button. Quite convenient I think. I don't have to scroll up and down, can just assign my most recently launched apps a shortcut. One other thing, those assigned a shortcut always stay in the recent app list.
    Last edited by NachoB; 06/20/2007 at 01:09 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    is all the above available with the new rom file added from treo 755 and as well with the MR update on the treo 700p?
    If I delete the file taken from the 755 ROM, I can no longer get to the preferences screen.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    So I don't recall if this feature was there before, but I do know I have it post-MR. I've always used McPhling to provide this feature. However, I can't seem to find any prefs menu for the built-in ROM feature that allows me to change any of the settings for the Recently Used Apps.

I've looked in all of the various System Preferences and can't seem to find anything. I did look at my ROM files and there's definitely the RecentAppsPhone-rapP file. I'm tempted to load the one you guys are talking about to see if it shows up.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Oh never mind on my question above. I figured out that the prefs menu only works if you load the prc in ram, as others have figured out.

This is pretty darn annoying.
    I know at one point the prc could be downloaded from the first post, but I can't seem to find it now.....is there a location for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I know at one point the prc could be downloaded from the first post, but I can't seem to find it now.....is there a location for it?
    Here ya go.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I actually just downloaded the prc last night from the same link referred to in the first post, so it's still there. On the download site you have to read the page carefully. There is a link to download the file, although it's not obvious at first. The prc is part of the larger 755 rom image zip file.

Assuming you have the MR loaded on the 700p, you don't necessarily need it. Although it seems to be the only way to access the prefs for this feature. Otherwise, it works fine.
    Thanks, Nacho....I'm over at Amelia this weekend. Wish Sprint coverage was better here.....
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    is all the above available with the new rom file added from treo 755 and as well with the MR update on the treo 700p?
    I have had this function on my 700P since my MR update and is nothing new. Shouldn't this be available to all 700P post MR users?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    The big diff is the standard MR for the 700p doesn't seem to give you access to the prefs menu for this particular feature. By installing the prc into RAM, you magically get the menu "back". You can test this by holding down on the home button to get the pick list to come up and then press the menu key. If the menu key simply pulls down the menu for whatever app you're already in, then you need to install the prc. You can read above for the explanation of what menu options are provided. I specifically wanted to make some of the entries permanent and specify how many are listed, so that's why I did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Thanks, Nacho....I'm over at Amelia this weekend. Wish Sprint coverage was better here.....
    Amelia Island? What's going on there?

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I have a Treo 700p with the latest MR I installed the prc above , and I cannot get the preferences for the recentapps to show up after I hit menu no matter what I ve tried... I have Zlauncher installed as well and LaunchAnywhere
    recentapps is built into zlauncher, select default launcher under general pref.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    migs, if I understand what your saying, you hold down the Home/Apps key for a couple of seconds and recent apps will pop up on the bottom right corner. You can hit the menu button after that to access the prefs.

I like using the new feature vs. one of the add on packages (I used McPhling before) just because it's less stuff loaded on my Treo. It also means I have a 4 sec vs. 20 sec. SpeedTest result using PalmInternals.
    wonder why the rom version can't have the prefs? I need to have prefs!

Does McPhling still cause some lag. I use it (cuz I need prefs) but maybe I should download the ram version of this one.

???
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast