Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I've got to say this app switcher is quite handy... I especially like the fact that if you hold the home button a bit longer it switches to the previous app automatically...
    Quote Originally Posted by lazaruz View Post
    ... but they are making the apps compatible and the "power users" know a. how to find the apps and b. what to install.
    the "non-power user" would find the apps an interesting addition which might make the 755 more appealing.
    Unless Palm makes it impossible, we will probably have a custom ROM tool for the 700p shortly after the ROM update comes out, so we could include these new apps on our own if we wanted to.
    Quote Originally Posted by sideman7 View Post
    I've got to say this app switcher is quite handy... I especially like the fact that if you hold the home button a bit longer it switches to the previous app automatically...
    Wow! A trick within a trick! Thanks for pointing this out!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sideman7 View Post
    Neat!
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Hey that's my pic! lol

Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    user said it is the default launcer of the 755
    btw on su i never said that was the default launcher.
    diane
    Chazzan, are you really a Chazzan? My bro is Chazzan/Rabbi in LA
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    If you have Zlauncher mapped to the Home key then this little app won't work. I use Initiate and I had to change the function of the home key to "do nothing" to make it work. I don't think ZL gives you that option, but I'd try unmapping the home key in LudusP and see if that works.
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    Finally got it working on my 700p!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Finally got it working on my 700p!
    Small hint to others: I found that I had to do a soft reset on my 700p before it would work. YMMV
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RxMan` View Post
    Small hint to others: I found that I had to do a soft reset on my 700p before it would work. YMMV
    I thought I made that clear in my first post...
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    I didnt have the app installed, so I had to sort through the rom and install it and soft reset...blah blah blah! But it wasnt a hidden feature on my 700p like they originally thought!
    other options

seems that it is built in zlauncher already and i use butler to scroll back to recent apps
    I am one of those that would like to get my hands on RecentAppsPhone-rapP.prc but can't get to the linked download sight because of firewall issues. Can anyone just post that file, not the entire rom, or send it to me directly?
    Thanks,
    MC
    3x5cards, 2cans, string->Pilot->Palm V-> Palm Vx-> Sony SJ30(a weak moment on ebay)->TungstenT-> Treo600-> Treo650-> Treo700p-> Treo755p
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tips. It seems to work well with Initiate installed also.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Works great for me too. Why the hell didn't Palm include this starting with the 650?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Can someone post the .prc file?
    Matty
    I've been using Hi-Launcher for exactly this purpose for probably over a year now. I'll probably stick with Hi-Launcher since I've got it mapped to press-and-hold of my phone button (which I treat as a combo phone and applications button), and I'm guessing this one's locked to the "Home" button.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Did anyone else realize that we actually have a preferences option when this is 'installed' onto a 700p (get the apps menu up, then press the 'menu' button where you can set things like how many apps to display, etc) while the 755p doesn't?!?! Strange as all heck.
    note: this feature is now inclused in the new rom for 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    note: this feature is now inclused in the new rom for 700p
    When I deleted RecentAppsPhone-rapP.prc from RAM after the MR was applied I was no longer able to pull up the preferences of the recent app program. Put the file back in RAM and was able to get to preferences.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast