Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I know its a long message, but please read and help me out if possible. I really do appreciate it.

My mom has the 700p and a Lexus SUV with built in bluetooth.
    The setup was very quick. The problem however is when she's driving in the passenger seat and she calls out using the Treo (not the Lexus built in bluetooth screen) or when she picks up a call using the Treo (again not the Lexus built in bluetooth screen) the call is automatically routed to the car's speakers.

Is there a software I can add to her phone that when she makes a call through her Treo (not the cars bluetooth screen) or picks up the call through her Treo then the call gets routed to the Treo and when she makes a call through the Lexus bluetooth screen or when she picks up a call through the Lexus bluetooth screen it gets routed to the cars speakers?

I hope you guys understand what I mean even with my rambling lol

Thank you all very much
    Last edited by mjnoles1; 05/19/2007 at 10:53 AM.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Please some help
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Well just take the Lexus bluetooth MAC off of the Treo's trusted list, then it shouldn't transfer to the car ever.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
    Well just take the Lexus bluetooth MAC off of the Treo's trusted list, then it shouldn't transfer to the car ever.
    Was that a wise *** comment? If so, I am looking for real help.
    From what I read, that is about a good an answer as you are going to get from that mess of a question...

You yourself said "the problem is that the call gets routed to the car's speakers". Beyond that, I honestly have no idea what you were trying to say...
    Bluetooth is either connected or its not. Just like plugging in a wired headset, it has know way of know when you would prefer to not use it. I haven't used a car kit but with headsets there is "cancel headset" button that you can click to reroute the call to the treo. I would imagine there is one when using car kits as well.
    turn the BT off on the TREO when you dont want the transfer. Turn the BT on when you want the transfer. What more could you want?
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Bluetooth is either connected or its not. Just like plugging in a wired headset, it has know way of know when you would prefer to not use it. I haven't used a car kit but with headsets there is "cancel headset" button that you can click to reroute the call to the treo. I would imagine there is one when using car kits as well.
    Her old cell phone when she picked up a call or called from the headset the sound went through the headset. When she picked up a call or called from the car it went through the car. She did not have to cancel bluetooth every time she didnt want it to go through the cars speakers.

I guess her old phone was smarter than this one. Oh well

Thanks anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by mjnoles1 View Post
    Her old cell phone when she picked up a call or called from the headset the sound went through the headset. When she picked up a call or called from the car it went through the car. She did not have to cancel bluetooth every time she didnt want it to go through the cars speakers.

I guess her old phone was smarter than this one. Oh well

Thanks anyways
    Might have had better bluetooth handling, but I am guessing there's a reason its her "old" phone

Maybe someone will write such an app but I imagine with the low demand that its not likely