Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Reading the reviews of the 755p I come to find that it does not work with the Rev A Powervision. Does anyone know if there will be an upgrade to that in the future for the 755p?

I did a test between my 700P and the 755P at the sprint store by going to www.ebay.com at the sametime and the 755 loaded atleast 10 seconds faster then my 700P so I had thought that the 755P was rev a compatible (and so did the rep at the Sprint store)
    Sprint Reps arent totally in the know! The ones that know anything are the ones behind the wall transferring numbers and assessing water damage!
    But to answer your question, Rev A is a hardware issue. I dont remember the last time Sprint 'upgraded' hardware to retrofit phones, but I doubt that they will anytime soon.
  4.    #4  
    The other weird thing is that the few reps I spoke to today at the local store all said that the 755 is rev a compatible. I didn't believe them completely but when I tried out the difference between my 700 and the new 755 I almost thought it was true...
    Quote Originally Posted by awayne View Post
    The other weird thing is that the few reps I spoke to today at the local store all said that the 755 is rev a compatible. I didn't believe them completely but when I tried out the difference between my 700 and the new 755 I almost thought it was true...
    I don't have EVDO here. I can tell you the data on the 755 is faster than the 700p. I think the device just uses the connection better.
    Well, a new 755p will probably always outrun the older 700p. Some reviewers have stated the same difference you have found.
    Correct which means that inspite of the specs being the same, there is more than just cutting off the attenna
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Correct which means that inspite of the specs being the same, there is more than just cutting off the attenna
    Yep, this doesn't share the hardware design of the 700w, so they were able to optimize the memory access for Palm OS.
    I have noticed my EVDO is much snappier on the 755 and my signal is much better. Something has changed, and these are two pretty important changes to me.. after all, I need it to work as a phone first and foremost.

Bek
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Cant wait to get my MR....!

It definitely must have something to do with the management of the signal...mostly software changes! That and the fact that its still a new phone!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandorr View Post
    Yep, this doesn't share the hardware design of the 700w, so they were able to optimize the memory access for Palm OS.
    But how much does it share with the 750?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by awayne View Post
    Reading the reviews of the 755p I come to find that it does not work with the Rev A Powervision. Does anyone know if there will be an upgrade to that in the future for the 755p?
    No, they have the same hardware. Therefore there is no Rev.A for the 755p. It's not possible.
    Blazer has been known to be a pood performer under high speed EVDO. Sounds like Palms done some tweaking to Blazer to operate better.
  13.    #13  
    How about anyone tethering with there 755P? I do that alot and would like to know if it performs better then the 700P.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    No, they have the same hardware. Therefore there is no Rev.A for the 755p. It's not possible.
    Blazer has been known to be a pood performer under high speed EVDO. Sounds like Palms done some tweaking to Blazer to operate better.
    I agree with you. It sounds like Blazer is rendering the pages faster now rather than internet connection being upgraded.
    Blazer was tweaked some with the 700p and considerably so with the 680. The rendering engine seems to have been let loose some, and the cache does make a considerable difference in browsing.

Not rev A, no update in that respect unless something can be done with the network library on Garnet (which is one of the reasons for that newer Linux kernal). However, I would think that its possible (not probable) that Palm is using a similar device to the 755p to test the new OS. Not saying that they would offer an upgrade - wouldnt be a bad idea - but I wouldnt be surprised if at some point a few years after the new OS that someone figured out how to port it.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    The've done some tweaking with a lot. Versamail also downloads WAY faster
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Using Chatter with good results.

But what gives with the hard sell on Power Vision. I already had Power Vision and when I went to activate the phone the rep tried to sell me something I already had. No dice, Junior.

I am tempted to install Opera Mini, but want to try this out for a few days first.
    I work in a well known electronics store that sells Sprint. As I was talking to my rep he stated that they will release a CDMA 680 with REV A, the first. So don't flame on me, I'm just telling u what I heard.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Could someone please post what revision of blazer and versamail the 755 has?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Versamail v 3.5.4
    Blazer v 4.5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast