Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gameplace123 View Post
    I work in a well known electronics store that sells Sprint. As I was talking to my rep he stated that they will release a CDMA 680 with REV A, the first. So don't flame on me, I'm just telling u what I heard.
    Yeah, that makes no sense. I think your rep might be A. pulling your leg, or B. wrong. Very wrong.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    Yeah, that makes no sense. I think your rep might be A. pulling your leg, or B. wrong. Very wrong.
    Definitely!
    actually it makes a little sense. remember the 700w and 700wx. a little while after the 700w came out there was an update. an update to the 755p might include REV A. just a thought....
    So you'd have the '755px' or the '760p'. I don't see them going with the model '680p'.... ;-)
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    The've done some tweaking with a lot. Versamail also downloads WAY faster
    If you are compairing to the 700p, there is more heap and a slightly different RAM setup than the 700p. The 700p inherited issues from the platform sharing with the 700w remember. There are differences in that which shuold be accounted for.

having said that, it was snappier than my 680, and so I was kinda happy about that. Now awaiting for that 680 firmware update hehehehe.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by gameplace123 View Post
    actually it makes a little sense. remember the 700w and 700wx. a little while after the 700w came out there was an update. an update to the 755p might include REV A. just a thought....
    Given Palm's recent streak of weak announcements, I would count this out. The business sense to re-release a model that is less than 14 days old to include something that will most likely be included on their forthcoming upper-crust Linux-based Palm Treo would waste resources. Take into account the limited multi-tasking provided by GarnetOS and this is a recipe for 'Not So Much!'
    firstly , i didn't say it would be called the 680. the 680 is still a little different from the 755p (hardware and software wise). so it would stand to reason that a CDMA version could be released with REV A. nor did i say it would be released soon. thx......
    Is Rev A a really big deal? You wont see any advantage of Rev A unless you are using your phone to tether via USB, and even then the main advantage is higher upload speed which is only useful when sending large files and what not.

If you need mobil internet chances are you or your company will buy a data card, since the battery life using a phone to tether is crap, it seems most people here only tether for a few mins to surf the web and check emails...
    Even if you Treo is not Rev A it really means a lot, because a EVDO rev A is more constant and it doesn't fluctuate as much as rev 0. But getting hardware that is rev A ready on a Palm OS Treo is not that big of a deal.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    But how much does it share with the 750?
    The case, keyboard and battery. The screen, processor and radio are different.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12