Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    I have had my 755p since Tuesday with no problems with all my programs I had on my old 650 installed and working.

    This morning while it was in the cradle it started to reboot (power cycle like you have removed the battery) constantly.

    I removed it from the cradle and it still was going through the reboots. I removed and inserted the battery and it still would not stop looping. I tried to do a hard reset but that did not work. Kept on looping. I finally was able to do the hard reset and then it came back up without looping.

    I then re-synced and got all my programs back. Then 10 minutes later it started looping again and then finally died altogether. It would not even come on. I know the battery had a full charge.

    I drove to the Sprint store and got them to replace it with a brand new one. So far the new 755p is working with all my programs restored.
  2.    #2  
    So far my 2nd new 755p is working great. No reboots.
  3. #3  
    Did you do a fresh install of the programs from your 650, or did you just hotsync your 755 to the 650's folder?

    Reason I ask is, (and no offense if you know this) even with the new one that you just got, it will eventually go into that loop just like your first one.

    If you just hotsynced I would recommend you hard reset and do a fresh install, yes its a PITA now but long term you'll be much happier.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Did you do a fresh install of the programs from your 650, or did you just hotsync your 755 to the 650's folder?

    Reason I ask is, (and no offense if you know this) even with the new one that you just got, it will eventually go into that loop just like your first one.

    If you just hotsynced I would recommend you hard reset and do a fresh install, yes its a PITA now but long term you'll be much happier.
    Had my first resetting and looping on my 755p last night after I installed Opera Mini. We are pushing this new phone to the limit.
  5. drozek's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #5  
    How did you get Opera mini to install, I cannot get it working, It gives me:

    Missing IBM Java VM

    Please ensure that IBM's WebSphere Micro Environment Java VM is installed.

    Any help? I tried to download that Micro Java also no help their either.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Did you do a fresh install of the programs from your 650, or did you just hotsync your 755 to the 650's folder?

    Reason I ask is, (and no offense if you know this) even with the new one that you just got, it will eventually go into that loop just like your first one.

    If you just hotsynced I would recommend you hard reset and do a fresh install, yes its a PITA now but long term you'll be much happier.
    On my first 755p I did fresh installs from scratch. Did fresh installs on my 2nd one also.

    Looks like the first one just had some type of hardware issue since it would not even come back on after many reboots.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by drozek View Post
    How did you get Opera mini to install, I cannot get it working, It gives me:

    Missing IBM Java VM

    Please ensure that IBM's WebSphere Micro Environment Java VM is installed.

    Any help? I tried to download that Micro Java also no help their either.
    See this thread.
  8. #8  
    WTF??? This just happened to me. Suddenly today my Treo started looping and looking for no reason. I have not installed any new software in the past weeks or so and my Treo is just going on loops. I can do a warm reset though. Any ideas what I can delete?

    Al
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    WTF??? This just happened to me. Suddenly today my Treo started looping and looking for no reason. I have not installed any new software in the past weeks or so and my Treo is just going on loops. I can do a warm reset though. Any ideas what I can delete?

    Al
    Whats on your treo? application?
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
  10. #10  
    I've had this problem before. When I would hard reset, it would work but once I restored all my programs and it would ask for a reset it would fall back into the reset loop. I had not made any changes to my phone in a while and it happened so I don't think it was software related and showed no specific program causing it to fail.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    I've had this problem before. When I would hard reset, it would work but once I restored all my programs and it would ask for a reset it would fall back into the reset loop. I had not made any changes to my phone in a while and it happened so I don't think it was software related and showed no specific program causing it to fail.
    You stated you didn't think it was software related, but, it worked fine until you restored all your programs. To me, that sounds like a software related problem.
  12. #12  
    I was able to do a warm reset and get into my Treo and backup my files. However, lots of databases were corrupted. Address book and contacts were damaged. Even SplashID was messed up. Lucky enough I had a backup from a couple of months ago. I still don't know what happened. I have lots of programs installed, but some of them were betas such as Crash Pro and KeyguardExt. I also had TreoMgsr, which as always brought some issues after a reset. So, I'm going to have to start backing up more often.

    Al
  13. #13  
    yeah, had an infinite lopping reset once on my 755P (sometime last week) out of no where....

    lost some DBs, but I do run daily backups.

    suspect its due to some bad programs or DB building up.
  14. #14  
    Got my 755 yesterday. All was going well until this morning. Everytime I try to close a document in Documents to Go, I get the loop. I hard reset resolves it, however, what a PIA.
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
  15. #15  
    i lost my lookup feature, volume & constant problems with bluetooth... still in my 30 day window. What to do now. I still have my 650
  16. #16  
    Those of you that trying to apply prove 3rd party issue solutions to this thread are wasting your time. This problem is hardware based and has happen on quite a few units so far. They appear to be software related but the device actually deletes whole chucks of RAM based data. This is discovered when apps start to just reboot the device. Suddenly you will notice whole apps disappear. I assume eventually ROM based data began to get eaten by the device until the device hangs indiffently (until the battery drains). At this point the device has to be replaced.
    This appears to happen quickly over the course of 3-4 days.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

    Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    2483274973
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    This problem is hardware based and has happen on quite a few units so far. ... At this point the device has to be replaced.
    Damn- glad I paid for it with my AmEx!
    Palm Pre
  18. #18  
    Mine is looping again for no apparent reason. I did another hard reset and now when it boots I get "error" "file 1611". I hit OK repeatedly and if eventually goes away. Anyone ever seen this or is my phone eating itself from the inside out?
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up

Posting Permissions