1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if a micro SD card with an adapter be used in a 755P rather than a mini SD card?

I contacted Palm but the rep didn't know, and I did not find an answer searching the forum.
    I tried a mini sd card in my 650 using an adapter and it worked fine.
    Also, in my wifes V phone, the micro worked with a mini adapter
    I am sure it would work fine.
    I would think it would, and since the technology is growing (or shrinking) towards the microSD, it will be wise to get one-step ahead of Palm by going to microSD now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I would think it would, and since the technology is growing (or shrinking) towards the microSD, it will be wise to get one-step ahead of Palm by going to microSD now.
    By then these chips will be on sale for 5 or 10 bucks (perhaps even for a 3 pack ). There is an advantage to micro in that most other cell phones use them though.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Depends.

Minis cost about half as much, in many cases. Also, I don't want to have to keep a micro, a mini adapter, and a full-sized adapter on-hand, at all times.

I'm willing to go mini, for now, considering the current price and the ability of my existing case to hold sd cards (and therefore mini-to-sd adapters).
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Depends.

Minis cost about half as much, in many cases. Also, I don't want to have to keep a micro, a mini adapter, and a full-sized adapter on-hand, at all times.

I'm willing to go mini, for now, considering the current price and the ability of my existing case to hold sd cards (and therefore mini-to-sd adapters).
    You wouldn't notice the MINI adapter persay and the adapter would fit into the SD adapter. My sprint has this SD soulution sold in one package.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    You wouldn't notice the MINI adapter persay
    It would have to be stored somewhere and I'd have to remember to bring it with me.
    and the adapter would fit into the SD adapter.
    True enough.

My sprint has this SD soulution sold in one package.
    I saw the ones Sprint sold in their PCS store: $39.99 for a 1GB micro & $59.99 for a 2GB micro

Crucial.com has them for $11.99 and $33.99, respectively. That includes an sd-adapter, but I don't see any mention of a mini sd adapter. Still, that's a huge price difference. There's gotta be a way to get that adaptive functionality without paying $28 extra dollars per card.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    It would have to be stored somewhere and I'd have to remember to bring it with me.
    Wouldn't it be in your treo with the micro sd?
  10. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I just realized that Micro-SD and Transflash are the same thing. I have one of those from a previous phone. It's only 512MB which at that time was expensive, but now it seems like I could get a 2GB mini for just a few bucks more than a micro-to-mini adapter. I think I will buy a new mini anyway. I have a 512 SD now and I can't put much music and/or video on it.

I'm maybe the only person happy about the change of format, since I've been too cheap to buy a card for my camera. I've spent the last two years taking the SD out of my Treo whenever I want to take a picture. At last the camera can have a card all to itself.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I am currently using a micro with mini adapter with no issues. It is only 2gb, but I had an extra one I was using with my upstage.
    Wouldn't it be in your treo with the micro sd?
    For now, but the point, I thought, was that things are moving toward micro's being standard (whether that's accurate or not). Once that takes place we could have as many as two adapters per micro card.

Although, I suppose one could say that, at that point, everything would use micro and it wouldn't matter.

I dunno. Maybe this is my premature old-fogeyism kickin' in, but it seems like an unnecessary expense, at the very least.